in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zera.3768

Zera.3768

Same. Crashed and no XP/KARMA/CHEST.

"Killing the Ancient Karka" Game Crash

Posted by: kiedis.3946

kiedis.3946

I’m from Sydney, Australia. I had to work today so there was no way of me being online for the one time event. After reading about it on reddit, how good the rewards were and cool the event was, I got pretty bummed I had missed out on it. I then read a post saying there are still overflows open running the event. I’m a nurse, so I swapped finishing times with someone o an earlier shift (who I’ll repay) to be able to do it. Anyways, I got into an overflow, people slowly joined so it tool a while to get started on the demolished crew event, it took 2 hours for us until we crashed. We crashed jut as we were about to finish the 2nd phase of reinforcements from the ancient karka (the one with mortars). I was actually joking 5 minutes prior on my computer holding up, cause I knew if I DC’d I wouldn’t be able to make it back in. But I happened and I was pretty disappointed. I tried way pointing out and back in to the tune of 50s to try and find that overflow but couldn’t. I sent a report in game, but I’d like to hear from someone at anet. For us at different time zones the one time events are a non event, but this one had good rewards and that’s basically what I’m after. I saw the DC post earlier but this is (I believe a separate issue as it happened to everyone).

Posted by: parkspapercut.9738

parkspapercut.9738

Same situation, no reward booted after all the work!

Posted by: Chich.7812

Chich.7812

Same problem here, client crashes like a boss, even though the event was scheduled to end a few hours before, clearly we would have made it but oh well.

Posted by: zomg.8765

zomg.8765

Game Crashed for the 2nd time already just when Ancient Karka was nearly finished, I hope we could get rewards sent to us instead.

Posted by: bergdis ironmaiden.4859

bergdis ironmaiden.4859

Same here I’m so mad, 3 hours and Anet booted us and I lost chest.

Posted by: Ceimi.1063

Ceimi.1063

Very dissappointed. I was really happy to find out that the OF servers still had the event running, after about an hour of trying to get into an overflow with an active event, I was extremely happy. I even contemplated texting my BF and wake him up so he could join in the event, (He lives in EST, so it was midnight for him he had to get up at 7am for school until 5pm.) and I’m extremely happy that I didn’t bother waking him up. He was very sad that because he had work from 5:30 in the morning to 2pm, and then work on his programming project, and then church at 5. Anyway, I’m very glad I didn’t wake him because not long before the event was over, the game crashes! Why? Because they had to kick all the trial folks off. Am I not the only one who is flabbergasted by this? Didn’t they have account timers on the original guild wars for trial accounts? Why did they not use that to kick off trial accounts? I’m just amazed that ANet decided to go this route.

Posted by: SickInsanity.3806

SickInsanity.3806

im in the same position guys, hopefully they sort it out soon

Posted by: Irratu.1203

Irratu.1203

Same Thought i was going to get lucky and get a chest in very last hours

Posted by: Duststorm.8703

Duststorm.8703

Im very dissappointed as well, i did the karka boss and game crashed, no reward and no chest for me, this happend for many others. I was really mad after this happend.
i want my reward for this event, i also want to add i arrived at the last Battle of the event, right before lava killed the karka boss when the game crashed, so i wonder if my claim is legit or not, i had 10 dc this weekend as well. so im annoyed about that too.

(edited by Duststorm.8703)

Posted by: bergdis ironmaiden.4859

bergdis ironmaiden.4859

I never got to do half the events, they were bugged, glitched, didn’t function right……really disappointed with this game.

Posted by: Xymon.4529

Xymon.4529

Like the rest here I had the endless loading screen and after I closed my game client it took 30 minutes to get logged in again. At that time the chest was of course not loot-able anymore. I hope they will have a system that they mail the loot to you because “wasting” 2,5 hours like this isn’t that nice.

Posted by: Inty.6320

Inty.6320

Same here and it is taking me all my strength not to rage over this. I am so deeply dissapointed (again… halloween / Phase 1 Karka… lag etc.) but i guess it’s part of life

Just like RNG, this is connection RNG… if you get disconnected you get nothing, if you get lucky and don’t then you get cool stuff…

Posted by: Yardezz.5640

Yardezz.5640

Just confirming what others have said, I was also disconnected. I see some people taking the high road and only wanting things to get better in the future. Not me – I want my rewards for the grind I’ve put into the game. That’s why I was playing, that’s what I wanted out of the game, and I am left utterly unsatisfied and disappointed.

Posted by: Selvae.4301

Selvae.4301

Same here. After wasting 2.5 hours in fractal of the myst to get disconnected at the last boss and being excluded from the dungeon at relog, i decided to go to the sunday event. Bad choice. Horrible lag. Crashed 2 times and after thesecond i cannot relog, at least for 1.5 hour, then i went to bed. No chest no reward and i was at final stage.Wasted sunday. Grats. Maybe you have not to be a genius to consider that is not a wise choice making event and free trial in the same weekend

Posted by: Gamblers Luck.7635

Gamblers Luck.7635

I had the same issue, we were killing the boss, then got disconnected and couldn’t relog back on. :-( No loot

Posted by: Arok.4067

Arok.4067

Same issue.kill the boss no chest .disconnect etc..
Gw2 looks like a game of luck.

Posted by: AmarienS.7514

AmarienS.7514

Yep,got screwed over by it as well.Electricity went out,back up after 5 minutes,couldn’t log on for 30,2 hours of fighting extremely resilient karkas for nothing.

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Had a world DC at 10pm pst in an overflow server at the killing of the boss for the Lost Shore event…

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: NewDoctorWho.8031

NewDoctorWho.8031

Was in the whole event and never got my Reward too ! what a wonderful waste of time and effort ! As with doing the new Dungeons too Love those group kicked for one guys DC as fo the new item quest never got that done too for it was broke every time I tried . You think after the 7 years of playing GW I learn to never think the new stuff will work !!

Posted by: Eder.8160

Eder.8160

Waste of 3 hours…I can believe it crashed….
They should at least let the event go a little longer since its their fault of lots of bugs….
So, i have a question…How to report it to the arena.net?
Posting here i think its not enough….

Posted by: Eder.8160

Eder.8160

Waste of 3 hours…I can believe it crashed….
They should at least let the event go a little longer since its their fault of lots of bugs….
So, i have a question…How to report it to the arena.net?
Posting here i think its not enough….

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Do we need to submit a ticket or will they redo the event?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Alex.2834

Alex.2834

Did they ever add a response to this?

Posted by: Jim.6549

Jim.6549

I really thought this was just me and my terrible luck. I think I saw something where arena net was looking to fix this somehow. Not sure how they will do that, but… I wouldn’t mind actually getting my 20 slot box. That said, it was a really fun battle. I would have liked the graphic on the boulder’s you put in the geysers to have been a little better, but nothing says fun like piles of corpses.

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

I cleared the Karka cave in the first part of the event then i fight the Ancient Karka to 3-4 Phrase (I think) the one he goes into the cave then the weebing part and i had network issues, got disconnected and I couldn’t log in… so much for the 2 hours and half spend…

Posted by: Ziggie.5239

Ziggie.5239

I’ll add myself to the bunch of folks having crashed and unable to log in after…
I was there for the 3 days, at the start and for 2 out of those 3 days, at the finish.

Day 3 was the worst of all regarding issues.
We chased the Ancient Karka to the tree/chopped it down, defeated his defenders, I got lagged out of the game at this point and disconnected, was able to rejoin and even join the same “instance” as my group was.
So we finished the defenders, had to chase him to the wall, exploded rocks onto it, then had to launch rocks at it, again had to defeat all his defenders near the bridge.

Then the lag started again, this time harder than before, I once again got disconnected, couldn’t log in anymore due to login servers unavailable, then all of a sudden due to my network settings supposedly not allowing me to play (had to check my firewall – haha).

My local time was by then 11.15pm and after 15 minutes of trying to do all kinds of stuff to get back in the game, I gave up as the next day was a working day and no amount of patience was going to help getting calmed down after the disappointment that Anet didn’t fix this issue they already had in Lion’s Arch on Phase 1 this weekend.

I can only hope that they indeed hand out some nice things to those players that were unlucky to be booted during the final stages of the event, but I am not getting my hopes up.
There is no way to prove I was there, I did not take screenshots of my login problems after the second disconnect and I doubt they will look into each and every account that claims they were there and then got locked out due to Anet’s issues.

I also hope that for any next event that is ‘unique’ they will have sorted out their server’s performance issues, their login server issues so there won’t be any unlucky customers due to things not being their fault.

Posted by: umishi.8124

umishi.8124

Posted by: huebers.4150

huebers.4150

Same happened to me ; after 10 crashes i crashed the last time just before the final fight.
At first i wasn’t able to start guild wars 2 again.
When i was able again, after 5 min or so, i rushed to the fight but was too late.
I made a screenshot and filed a bugreport.

I liked the event, just sad i have nothing to show for.

Posted by: Darkkiz.8135

Darkkiz.8135

Same happened to me, twice even.
Really hope they give people what they deserve for doing the entire event.

Posted by: Eolus.9037

Eolus.9037

happened the same to me, crashed and couldnt log on back cause login server was down, after 3 hours of event, realy frustrating.

Posted by: Alex.2834

Alex.2834

Does anyone know when we’ll have a second chance or get the rewards we should’ve earned?

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Obviously, im talking about final phase of the lost shores event.

4 days passed, and still no any news from anet. Official comments? Please, do not close this topic, this is a question that must be answered, and all dc players have a right to know the answer.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

What’s a DC Player??

CutePicsHunter.7430

What’s a DC Player??

DisConnected.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: carry.2916

carry.2916

We need you to give an explanation.

Sedoks.3576

Are we getting the stuff we should have gotten?

CutePicsHunter.7430

HoT is just a cash grab.

CutePicsHunter.7430

Still waiting for answer.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Vlaka.1582

Vlaka.1582

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this

Imagine going tho all those people it was probably pure chaos during the event, give it some time. Plus every one probably has a 4 day weekend at ANet!

Next you probably shouldn’t be opening a tread for something that ANet took all the threads related to and merged them together, your not going to answer quicker this way. Just relax.

CutePicsHunter.7430

Next you probably shouldn’t be opening a tread for something that ANet took all the threads related to and merged them together, your not going to answer quicker this way. Just relax.

ANet closed lost shores forum, so there is no way to continue discussion or asking questions there. Im relaxed and just waiting for answer.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

ANet closed lost shores forum, so there is no way to continue discussion or asking questions there. Im relaxed and just waiting for answer.

Actually there is a stickied thread in general discussion.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lost-Shores-Feedback-Thread/first

CutePicsHunter.7430

Hope that we will receive our rewards at least at weekend.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

they have already stated that they will be rewarding players who finished it but didn’t get the chest with items… calm down

CutePicsHunter.7430

Bump for the justice.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Dvonn.6073

Dvonn.6073

Does anyone know if there’s something new about this?

My girlfriend and my had the crash and still no rewards…

Posted by: Jahva.1895

Jahva.1895

Still waiting for a resolution on this from arenanet.

Sedoks.3576

Still waiting -.-’

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed