LEGENDARY at the trading post [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bradesco.9621

Bradesco.9621

A-Net didn’t realize yet there is a LEGENDARY weapon being sold at trading post all the afternoon.

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

…It’s not a bug.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I thought legendary weapons were soul/account bound upon creation. Has this changed?

Bradesco.9621

…It’s not a bug.

If it is not a bug, I guess Gw2 is just another pay for win game like any other.

Posted by: Katlan.6301

Katlan.6301

They are soulbound on use, not on acquire.

And lol… how is it Pay to win? Anet didn’t make that legendary and put it on the AH, another player did. And I was never aware of a legendary being BiS. It doesn’t have have any better stats than an exotic and its arguable worse since you can’t transmute it to have the states you want and your stuck w/Power, Vit, Toughness.

Please think about what your saying before you throw the P2W stuff out there

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

I thought they were account bound. Why bind everything else in the process to making it and not account bound the legendary, no longer holds that ‘special’ status if it can be bought does it?

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

If it’s sold in trading post, then third party gold buyers will get one easily without even spending time to get it. And legendaries ll lose their prestige. If you can’t prevent gold sellers, then make legendaries soulbound on acquire please.

Posted by: JackSlate.8450

JackSlate.8450

Fun Fact: He paid 475Gold to put the Twilight in the TP for 9500Gold which is about a third of the craft costs.

Bradesco.9621

This is a bug, hacking attempt to break the game or A-net trolling us:

“Legendary weapons are a set of high end weapons that have unique appearances. They are crafted in the Mystic Forge. Each legendary weapon requires four components: a specific exotic precursor weapon, a Gift of Fortune, a Gift of Mastery and a final gift specific to the desired legendary weapon. Currently, legendary weapons are soulbound, although Dev Lindsey has hinted that they may be changed to account bound in the future”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

wow i cannot believe you would actually want to Soul bound or account bound anything you made. Why?
and opening a thread like this is what causes many cool features to be disabled.
If someone is creating a legendary and wants to sell it, how is that a bug?
similarly if someone is good at grinding money then let them buy it from the Auction house.

And no one is tolling here other than you Bradesco, there are a ton of actual bugs that need to be fixed, we dont need a thread like this to float in the bugs section.

Please move to discussion instead.

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Recently people have begun listing and placing offers for Legendaries on the trading post. As of last night Twilight and Bifrost are the top two valued items in the game.

I can only assume that this is only starting to happen now (and not sooner) because of a bug. The official blog post details how you will travel around the world to acquire the materials you need to make one. If you can just buy one instead, then you don’t have to do any of the things described in the post—all you need is gold. You no longer need to play dungeons, earn badges of honor in WvW, or acquire any karma. Cheating/gold-buying concerns aside, people who buy legendaries simply haven’t earned them.

Based on the above, it seems like legendaries should be account bound on acquire. I hope this will be fixed soon for the sake of the people who earned their legendaries and to preserve their appeal and integrity.

Fortunately in a thread in the BLTC forum we have a (second-hand) official answer that this is not intended. I just wanted to make sure the issue is documented on the Bugs forum as well.

Official answer from Support:

“If you’ve found any Legendary items for sale on the Trading Post, this is not
functioning as designed and should not be possible. We would need more information
on what you saw, as well as screenshots to investigate this issue further.”

So it’s a bug or some error in Trading Post.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey, guys,

You need to know: Legendaries are not soul-bound until equipped. So they can, legitimately, be sold on the TP. Once equipped, however, they become soul-bound.

I’m sorry that someone got an incorrect answer from Support about this issue. We have identified the ticket and we will begin the beati…. I mean “gently correct the agent who gave the misinformation.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

…It’s not a bug.

If it is not a bug, I guess Gw2 is just another pay for win game like any other.

P2W: spend real life money to gain a competitive edge over other players:

First of all, Lengendary have exactly the same stats as exotics, could you enlighten me where the win comes into play?

[PLUM] – SOR

Jzl.8715

Fun Fact: He paid 475Gold to put the Twilight in the TP for 9500Gold which is about a third of the craft costs.

Clarify: 1/3 of the crafting cost without taking into account karma/world completion/badge of honor/dungeon tokens

[PLUM] – SOR

Opt.3714

Gaile,

Unfortunately I’m not the user who filed the support ticket so I don’t have the incident number. Since it’s not from a red-header post like yours, it’s possible it’s completely fake!

Thank you for giving us an official answer. Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with your answer. I hope the designers will change their stance on this issue. I thought the appeal of legendaries the rigor of acquiring one through playing and mastering many different aspects of the game in addition to acquiring significant in-game wealth, but now they can be purchased merely through mindless farming for a long enough period of time. This is my personal opinion, but legendaries definitely carry less prestige/meaning if they can just be purchased. I am disappointed because I thought this was the designers’ opinion too.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Gaile,

Unfortunately I’m not the user who filed the support ticket so I don’t have the incident number. Since it’s not from a red-header post like yours, it’s possible it’s completely fake!

Thank you for giving us an official answer. Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with your answer. I hope the designers will change their stance on this issue. I thought the appeal of legendaries the rigor of acquiring one through playing and mastering many different aspects of the game in addition to acquiring significant in-game wealth, but now they can be purchased merely through mindless farming for a long enough period of time. This is my personal opinion, but legendaries definitely carry less prestige/meaning if they can just be purchased. I am disappointed because I thought this was the designers’ opinion too.

I understand your position. Please do note that the achievement associated with Legendaries is tied to their equipping and not to their obtaining. I think that is rather significant (and a clever thing on the part of the team, in my opinion).

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Please do note that the achievement associated with Legendaries is tied to their equipping and not to their obtaining. I think that is rather significant (and a clever thing on the part of the team, in my opinion).

That’s even worse. At least if the achievement was linked to crafting it wouldn’t be buy-able.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Opt.3714

Okay, so this was intended/allowed all along. That just means Legendaries just aren’t for me—at least not anytime soon. The game gives me plenty to do, so that’s fine!

Still, I wonder why it took until nearly 4 months after launch for Legendaries to appear on the trading post. People have had them since September, after all. Not a single person wanted to buy or sell one?

Jzl.8715

Gaile,

I think there is a lot of misconceptions about legendary weapons. First of all, nothing is particularly hard in the process, the mats, the karma, world completion, badges of honer, dungeon tokens, and money, they are all relatively easy to get, in terms of gameplay difficulty, it’s just that you need a lot of them. Secondly, suppose that you are not buying gold from any source but purely gathering by yourself, depending on the legendary you are crafting, the actual time spent to getting the purchasable mats actually can be a lot more than acquiring karma/badge/world completion/dungeon tokens. I’d also like to point out also that we have heard a lot about it being soulbound on use before, so it’s nothing new. The wiki I hope people realize is not a source of official first hand information from Arenanet, especially the information about legendary weapons, they are outdate for a while now.

My point is, there is an issue with legendary weapons, but it’s not the fact that it can be sold on the TP or that it is soulbound on use. Nothing in the process of crafting a legendary is actually legendary, it’s mostly a long process of going over trivial and easy content. It’s not an epic journey, mostly an legendary grind. Therefore, if it stays like this, I won’t be bothered complaining about it being trad-able.

This problem does not just apply to legendaries, it applies to most of the top tier items as well. I personally think this is due to the designers wanting everybody to have access to the items in the long run. Therefore, it’s not ideal to bottleneck the process content-wise (ie. hard contents) like most other games do with their higher tier gears. So the only thing left to do is to stretch out the process, like the situation we have now.

I definitely like to see some itemization change in the future, I have a few ideas myself, perhaps I’ll post them sometime in the future.

[PLUM] – SOR

Jzl.8715

Okay, so this was intended/allowed all along. That just means Legendaries just aren’t for me—at least not anytime soon. The game gives me plenty to do, so that’s fine!

Still, I wonder why it took until nearly 4 months after launch for Legendaries to appear on the trading post. People have had them since September, after all. Not a single person wanted to buy or sell one?

There are several reasons going around for now that explains why only now we see legendary on TP now. One is that there is a cap to the sell price of 1000g, I haven’t verified this myself, another is that there is a bug that prevented legendaries being posted on the AH, (could be the gold cap as well). But I have definitely heard about people trading them under the take before, so it’s nothing new.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Just to clarify, the game has a Cash Shop, Anet made it clear in the very beginning that you will be able to trade gems to gold if a player wanted.

Players who were unable to spend tons of time in the game could still acquire items/goals in the game by spending cash.

Its the same idea here now just with legendary. You bought the game knowing the above was going to be true.
Also this is a f2p game, this model allows players to play a game without subcription and continue to enjoy all the amazing content the dev continue to provide to us by paying no extra cost.

But guess what, the dev team still needs to get paid, severs still need to run and if some players want to spend thousands of dollars to buy a weapon and end up supporting the game then its a win for all of us.

We should all be supporting this and promote this type of decision instead of questioning any of it.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

And lol… how is it Pay to win? Anet didn’t make that legendary and put it on the AH, another player did. And I was never aware of a legendary being BiS. It doesn’t have have any better stats than an exotic and its arguable worse since you can’t transmute it to have the states you want and your stuck w/Power, Vit, Toughness.

It’s the other kind of pay2win right now because there’s a serious shortage of mats to make anything including the legendaries, recipes that STILL require an enormous amount of grind btw even tho we’ve been promised otherwise. The type of pay2win is sending people to buy gold to get the things they need. That’s the pay2win scenario because let me tell you, there’s seriously no way in the current state of the game that one has the ability to gather in pve all of the mats needed to make a legendary without buying anything from the TP, it’s also almost impossible to get all of the mats needed to sell to maintain gold at the levels that are required for precursors or the legendaries themselves from the TP, without having blown through the leveling process on launch head start, gaining all the mats one can from every major zone, compiling these mats and waiting for the market to change to make them as expensive as they were just after the nov 16th patch. That’s what we’re dealing with here. A Super-rich few who are controlling the market and making the rest go buy the gold because no one else can come close to those levels of gold in game. This combined with the knowledge that the legendary weapons will have stats equivalent to ascended gear which does have higher stats no matter how you spin it as relevant, it’s still higher stats and higher stats = a higher chance at win which = winning via spending gold one got from buying gems and converting them to gold.

So they did it in a round-about way so that it doesn’t appear to be us buying directly from the store but it’s still buying gold to get an advantage and it’s still wrong whether it’s intended or not.

Until they remove the DR. the lower globs of ecto drops, the problematic lower drops from chests from dragon events or from the massive amounts of mobs in events in Orr, and restore everyone’s ability to gather the materials they need, this economy is going to be seriously off by alot.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Jzl.8715

It’s the other kind of pay2win right now because there’s a serious shortage of mats to make anything including the legendaries, recipes that STILL require an enormous amount of grind btw even tho we’ve been promised otherwise. The type of pay2win is sending people to buy gold to get the things they need. That’s the pay2win scenario because let me tell you, there’s seriously no way in the current state of the game that one has the ability to gather in pve all of the mats needed to make a legendary without buying anything from the TP, it’s also almost impossible to get all of the mats needed to sell to maintain gold at the levels that are required for precursors or the legendaries themselves from the TP, without having blown through the leveling process on launch head start, gaining all the mats one can from every major zone, compiling these mats and waiting for the market to change to make them as expensive as they were just after the nov 16th patch. That’s what we’re dealing with here. A Super-rich few who are controlling the market and making the rest go buy the gold because no one else can come close to those levels of gold in game. This combined with the knowledge that the legendary weapons will have stats equivalent to ascended gear which does have higher stats no matter how you spin it as relevant, it’s still higher stats and higher stats = a higher chance at win which = winning via spending gold one got from buying gems and converting them to gold.

So they did it in a round-about way so that it doesn’t appear to be us buying directly from the store but it’s still buying gold to get an advantage and it’s still wrong whether it’s intended or not.

Until they remove the DR. the lower globs of ecto drops, the problematic lower drops from chests from dragon events or from the massive amounts of mobs in events in Orr, and restore everyone’s ability to gather the materials they need, this economy is going to be seriously off by alot.

First of all, please define things that you “need”. Look as it stands now, you don’t need legendary to run dungeons, do PvE, WvW or fractals. Exotics aren’t hard to get, and that’s all you need for serious progressions, that’s it.

Also at this point talking about how bringing legendary on par to ascended is a far fetched thing. When that happens, what people might consider you need is ascended gear, still not legendary. Even though you wrote a huge wall of text, it’s you yourself that is trying to spin things around not others. You never need legendary weapons for anything, it’s a choice, you never need any of the exotics crafted with 100 of some lodestone and 250 ecto.

There isn’t pay to win here, if anything, it’s pay to lose. Crafting legendary you are losing a lot of money, crafting a nice skin takes a lot of money. You do know that crafting twilight takes around 1100-1200g as of the current market price, excluding all the efforts to get karma/token/badges, you could buy all the types of exotic gear you want with all that money and time, and with left overs to give to random people just to make yourself feel good.

Like I said in earlier post, I do think there are problems with the itemization structure, but that’s something entirely different. Again, there is nothing p2w here in this case, stop throwing this term around.

[PLUM] – SOR

varonecl.4265

they have said this was an error and will fix the issue with twilight and sunrise

varonecl.4265

I do think that an achievement of the magnitude tied to legendaries being bought is dreadfully ridiculous. If the intent was for players to buy achievements in the game, whats the point, its not really an achievement at that point. You didnt EARN anything. How is this the philosophy of the development team?

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

As this issue has been clarified as not being a bug, this thread will be closed. If you would like to discuss this subject further, feel free to create a new thread in the GW2 General Discussion or Suggestions forum.

Thank you.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed