LFG System Suppression Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

I’ve been having issues lately with the new LFG tool, when ever I try to join someones party for a dungeon, it would tell me I had joined too many parties and have to wait for a moment, I’ve been waiting for 5 hours without joining a party, and I’m still suppressed. Is anyone else having this issue as well?

Edit: It would also go back and forth from join party and giving me the underlay suppression message when I try to click, I only joined 2 other groups today.

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

(edited by sweatycool.9624)

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I’m having a lot of problems with this too. If I am in a party for 30 minutes, and then become the last person to leave the party, I am locked out for 10 minutes or so. Then when the restriction lifts, I click to join but fail to join and get locked out again.

This system needs to be replaced. It does nothing but further extend the difficulty created by the new LFG system to organize appropriate parties for certain missions. +1 to troll behavior. +10 to my frustration.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

First of all, happy to see the new LFG tool, but here’s some deal breakers in its current state.

Right now everyone’s trying to do the new TA path, so it’s natural that groups fill fast. I get that, so I’m ok with having to press ‘refresh’ over and over to see new groups crop up.

Then when I do, I see open groups and click the active “join” button… but nothing happens!
So I try to join another group in the list that hasn’t filled yet… again, nothing happens.

All of a sudden, all the join buttons go grey and say I cannot join another group because I have joined too many groups recently.

Come on – seriously, Anet – your tool doesn’t let me join open groups – and yes, I get it that there’s rivalry to join and probably others clicking join just a microsecond faster than me, and it’s fair that they get to join then. But to me; no response from clicking the “join” button means I don’t feel like I’ve even registered my join, and suddenly your tool blocks me after several attempts going without response.

This needs to be fixed!

In the end I got so kitten ed off I advertised my own party and hosted my own… at least that worked well.

But that brings me to an extra feature I’d like to see; rather than having to click ‘refresh’ and see all the groups filling faster than I can see and suffering that stupid join-block above, how about just letting me set myself in an “instance matching” state.
Say, if I right-click on the Twilight Arbor category, it would let me queue for grouping up and I could even select the path I’m interested in.

The LFG tool needs that extra level of granularity; having dungeon as final level isn’t enough; each path below really should have its own… in the mad dash to join a group on TA, you hardly have time to read the description to see that the group indeed wants to do the path you’re after.

Just some thoughts to improve this valuable addition to the game – but in its current state I’ll either just start my own group or still use gw2lfg.com.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

First of all, happy to see the new LFG tool, but here’s some deal breakers in its current state.

Right now everyone’s trying to do the new TA path, so it’s natural that groups fill fast. I get that, so I’m ok with having to press ‘refresh’ over and over to see new groups crop up.

Then when I do, I see open groups and click the active “join” button… but nothing happens!
So I try to join another group in the list that hasn’t filled yet… again, nothing happens.

All of a sudden, all the join buttons go grey and say I cannot join another group because I have joined too many groups recently.

I’m having the exact same problem. It’s telling me I have joined too many groups, but I have not joined ANY and I’m locked out. The throttling feature needs to be adjusted.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I’m having the same issue. I’ve only attempted to join parties and failed b/c the party would be full, and now I’m suppressed from joining any. This stinks.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Narhim.7345

Narhim.7345

The same here… no idea why, one moment it works, the other I can’t do anything, 30 min – no change very annoying!

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Well, mods have merged some topics, so I guess that Anet are aware of this topic now.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

Old thread, but the problem is still occurring. Right after logging in you get the message that you can’t join any parties. Yesterday was fine, today I am having those issues.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Could you … Create a new party instead of joining an existing one? If the problem is lots of people diving for the same party, it might be alleviated by simply giving people more options.