Lag Causing High Rare Loot Droprate.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

Just thought I’d mention something I’ve noticed. I’ve been suspicious of it before, but now I’m pretty sure of it. I just tried logging in about 45 minutes ago, and I couldn’t because my connection wasn’t good, so I restarted my comp, and I could log in and play. The lapse from the lag was bad, and it took a while for the map to load which although whenever I first log in this is typical, but this was really long.

I was in Orr, and started doing the usual hunt for mat nodes, and I noticed I was getting 4, or 5 ancient wood logs a node along with foxfire clusters. The same was with Ori nodes with 4 or 5 a pop along with Orbs. I especially noticed with the Saffron threads would kinda rubberband, and I would automatically harvest it twice getting 2 saffron the first, and 1, or 2 the second in one automatic harvest. I was also getting more Heavy Moldy Sacks, and whatnot.

It may not seem like that big a deal, but I got an urge after the lag cleared up-, and my drop rate went back to normal to lower the priority on my CPU, and bottle neck my bandwidth to artificially increase my lag again, but instead I figured I give a notice here.

(edited by Lord Erik.6903)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Are you sure you are getting that many matts in your inventory.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its friday short before the WvW reset, and so you have the highest chance of getting
extra mats from harvesting because of your WvW bonus.

The WvW bonus gives you a chance to get 1-3 extra swings on a node, so you can
harvest ore and wood 3-6 times and herbs 1-4.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Lord Erik.6903

I play everyday, and it really seemed like I was getting way better drops. I even pulled a charged quarts from my home node, and I may average 1 of those once a month to every other month. Honestly It seems like luck is never on my side with RNG, so this seemed pretty weird to me.

Lord Erik.6903

It could be all in my head, but I will say this I’m in game right now, and just pulled 8 saffron thread from 1 node, and I did one quest to burn the corpses, and killed maggots and got 17 heavy moldy bags without a party or MF boosts, and I’m really laggy. My MF is a little over 200%, and it seems like I don’t get theses kinds of drops when I buff up past 400%, and I can get it to 400$ easily with a MF boost omnom berry bars, guild buff, guild banners, and a celebratory boost.