Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Trojouern.4730

Trojouern.4730

For the 4th night in a row and the 6-7th time in the last 2 weeks of memory, there have been huge ping issues while playing in WvW, namely EBG. The issue doesn’t seem to happen anywhere else in the game. But at around 6-7PM AEST, there is massive issues with Lag, 1000+ Ping during combat. Its so bad that abilities have 5-10 second delay, people teleport across the screen, it makes EBG entirely unplayable. This issue only occurs around this time every night too. I have played previous to these times and had no issue, then as soon at that time approaches, the same issue starts again, an continues well after 9-10PM AEST. This issue is not related to my internet, as it happens to every person in the raid group, and to people on other battle groups too. We are in the server group Tarnished coast, Fort Aspenwood, Sea of Sorrows, and I have heard from players from each of these servers who have said they have the same issues at the same time. This can only mean that it is a Server/WvW only issue. This problem makes the battle ground unplayable, and progress impossible. The issue has been happening for at least 2-3 weeks now and I have heard no explanation to it or solution for it.

I would like the issue addressed, fixed if possible, but at minimum I’d like an explanation as to why it’s only just started to occur in the past few weeks, and why it is allowed to continue.

(edited by Trojouern.4730)

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Posted by: Oberoth.6302

Oberoth.6302

With the dire state that WvW is currently in, lag issues are not helping.

Please fix this or even acknowledge that you are aware.

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Posted by: Chrono.6832

Chrono.6832

I am having the same issue here. It’s only a problem around OCX (that we know of at least); I also play in NA prime time in fights where many more players are present in a fight in comparison to the fights that we get in T2 OCX, and in this NA time I do not get any issues in regards to ping or lag.

Even the players in my guild for America are having these issues in OCX, whereas the same issues are not present to them in NA on a normal day.

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Posted by: Roid.6832

Roid.6832

I have been experiencing the same issues as explained above by the original poster. This is an external matter non-related to an individual’s ISP, consequently, this is an issue that is reflexive to ArenaNet services. It is dismaying to see this occurring without any acknowledgement of the matter from ArenaNet staff.

Oxein – SOS [TS]

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Posted by: Kimdracula.3450

Kimdracula.3450

I can attest to this. Right smack-bang on at that time it starts. And this is with me being in EBG for hours preceding.

Definitely not a local issue as all other games and services at this location work perfectly.

Please have a look into this as it destroys the fun, having half our group needing to log out within minutes of our raid.

Kimdracula – Oceanic – SoS
Chokehold [DAD]

(edited by Kimdracula.3450)

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Having the same problems. While I’ve been undergoing some network jitter issues lately, the 5k+ ping spikes every few seconds are really problematic. Seems to happen earlier in the day as well, close to noon EST.

Lag/Ping Issues in WvW

Posted by: King Stinkeye.3560

King Stinkeye.3560

I’m having the same issue. My ping doubles around 6pm. Huge lag spikes and in large fights it’s unplayable.

I got home early today and logged in around 4:30pm and everything was fine (I say fine, my ping was 350. It used to be 250 before hot). I had to duck out at about 5:30 for 45 mins or so and when I get back and it was over 600. I was just standing there in one of the capitals. The problem lasts later into the night than I can stay up for (past 10pm), but in the morning it’s fine again.

I’ve tried both .exe’s they have the same issue. Tried changing port to 80. Repaired the install. No dice.

I am with Telstra Bigpond Cable with the speed upgrade. This is the only game having this issue and until a few weeks ago, it was ‘fine’.

Gotta fix this or I’m gone.

Man of Many Stinkeyes
[DAWN]