Large UI displays 'E' instead of a dot

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Trog.2918

Trog.2918

For quite a while now, many in game descriptions are separated by the letter E with an accent over it instead of a ‘dot’ and I didn’t know why.

I have just discovered that this only happens if the UI is set to Large. Setting it to Small, Normal or Larger displays the separator correctly with a ‘dot’

I have a 27 inch monitor with a 2560 × 1440 display, so Large is my preferred UI setting.

It would be nice to make this surely simple fix in time for the feature pack release please

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I remember of another thread about this bug, but you discovered a possible cause. Here is the thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/WvW-and-those-E/first

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Noticed the same yesterday. Interestingly, I’m running the exact same resolution, and I switched the UI to Large temporarily for crafting:

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Then it seems it has to do with Large UI indeed. I’ll check it out when in game.

Edit: Yes I have confirmed. I changed UI to Large and then the weird “E” showed up (both in target’s abilities and crafting recipes that was supposed to show “..”

Attachments:

(edited by shadow.6174)