Laurel disconnect

Laurel disconnect

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Since the changes to the “daily” and “awards” sections, I note that Laurels are FAR. FAR overvalued and under-delivered than ever before!!
Someone (ANET) should REALLY take a good look at what “laurels” are used for. The quantities needed for almost ANYTHING of value are virtually improbable of obtaining, since MANY dailies require their usage——-even in small quantities. Most “useful” items (like recipes) require MULTIPLE quantities of these items———-which CANNOT be obtained in any REASONABLE time frame———-does ANET “really” expect players to wait well over a YEAR just to obtain the needed recipes to create “ascended” items? To me, that’s totally destructive to the game and game mechanics. Just another example of the “unintended consequences” that result from poor quality control.

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

How many daily achievements take laurels? The only one I know of offhand is Daily WvW Spender, and that’s only if you choose to buy something with laurels + badges instead of just badges. And I can’t think of any daily cooldown recipes that require laurels.

As for ascended recipes, ascended gear is meant to be a time and gold/materials sink. So yes, sometimes you might have to save up laurels. But even then, each armor piece’s recipe is only 5 laurels. So, that’s 30 laurels for one full set; and those recipes will still be unlocked for you if you decide to make another set of the same weight class on that character.

Also, you can get 55 laurels per month. That’s more than you could get in a month before the daily changes.

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I spend Laurels a couple of times a week, and I’m always hovering around 350 or so. What is it you can’t afford to buy with Laurels? You obtain ~100 every 2 months.

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

How many daily achievements take laurels? The only one I know of offhand is Daily WvW Spender, and that’s only if you choose to buy something with laurels + badges instead of just badges. And I can’t think of any daily cooldown recipes that require laurels.

As for ascended recipes, ascended gear is meant to be a time and gold/materials sink. So yes, sometimes you might have to save up laurels. But even then, each armor piece’s recipe is only 5 laurels. So, that’s 30 laurels for one full set; and those recipes will still be unlocked for you if you decide to make another set of the same weight class on that character.

Also, you can get 55 laurels per month. That’s more than you could get in a month before the daily changes.

Really? How about the laurel cost for EACH of the insignia’s REQUIRED for each piece and the laurel cost for the 2-3 upgrades for EACH piece Let’s not forget that.
Oh yes, and the cost in laurels for other items (such as weapons??) I respectfully suggest that you take another look at “laurel expense” vs “laurel revenue” and show any means of breaking even in any REASONABLE time-frame. At this point, laurels are becoming another “unobtainable”.

Laurel disconnect

RoseofGilead.8907

Really? How about the laurel cost for EACH of the insignia’s REQUIRED for each piece and the laurel cost for the 2-3 upgrades for EACH piece Let’s not forget that.
Oh yes, and the cost in laurels for other items (such as weapons??) I respectfully suggest that you take another look at “laurel expense” vs “laurel revenue” and show any means of breaking even in any REASONABLE time-frame. At this point, laurels are becoming another “unobtainable”.

You STILL get more laurels now than you did before they added the daily log in rewards (max used to be 40; now it’s 55). So, laurels are even more obtainable now than they were before.

So, if you wanted to make an entire set of ascended gear (without any of the recipes previously learned), you’d need 30 laurels (six recipes at 5 laurels a piece). You’d get that in less than a month of doing nothing but logging in once a day.

If you wanted to make weapons, that’s 5 laurels a piece for each one, again. You get 20 laurels if you choose to accept laurels for your Chest of Loyalty; thus, you could get four different weapon recipes with the last day of the month’s laurel reward.

As for upgrades, most are also 5 laurels a piece; you could get more than enough of those within a second month.

So yeah, I’m not seeing some horrible, extremely long time frame here.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

OP, I agree with RoseofGilead. The laurel pay is adequate now.

If you’re trying to equip a toon with full ascended armor, 2+ different ascended weapons and full ascended trinkets (rings, amulet, and accessories) all with upgrades, it’s not going to happen overnight, but it’s not going to take a year either. I got two toons in full ascended armor, trinkets and weapons – ranger and warrior. (And my ranger’s got ascended water weapons as well.) As mentioned, you just gotta log in every day to get your daily login rewards and make sure you select the Laurel option from the 30th day Loyalty reward prize. And after a few months, you too will have what you need to go full ascended… everything!

Plus, every now and then you can get ascended rings and ascended weapons chests in WvW as you rank up. And, if I’m not mistaken, Fractals give away ascended rings like they’re candy. (You Fractal runners may be able to vouch more for this than I. Last time I ran a fractal was 2 years ago :P) So if you enjoy Fractals, I’d recommend running them to see if you can get the rings you want and save your laurels for other ascended items.

GL!

Moonlight [THRU]

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Adapt Legacy.1936

Adapt Legacy.1936

OP, I agree with RoseofGilead. The laurel pay is adequate now.

If you’re trying to equip a toon with full ascended armor, 2+ different ascended weapons and full ascended trinkets (rings, amulet, and accessories) all with upgrades, it’s not going to happen overnight, but it’s not going to take a year either. I got two toons in full ascended armor, trinkets and weapons – ranger and warrior. (And my ranger’s got ascended water weapons as well.) As mentioned, you just gotta log in every day to get your daily login rewards and make sure you select the Laurel option from the 30th day Loyalty reward prize. And after a few months, you too will have what you need to go full ascended… everything!

Plus, every now and then you can get ascended rings and ascended weapons chests in WvW as you rank up. And, if I’m not mistaken, Fractals give away ascended rings like they’re candy. (You Fractal runners may be able to vouch more for this than I. Last time I ran a fractal was 2 years ago :P) So if you enjoy Fractals, I’d recommend running them to see if you can get the rings you want and save your laurels for other ascended items.

GL!

I run Fractals a good bit myself. I can attest that you can fractal rings very easily after your fractal reward level hits 20. I have gotten approximately 16 Ascended rings 5 of which were infused when i got them. I also received and Ascended Healer’s chest (not the best stat set). But thanks to the new system that i can change the stats, i am able to get the item I want with the stats i want.

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since the changes to the “daily” and “awards” sections, I note that Laurels are FAR. FAR overvalued and under-delivered than ever before!!

None of the laurel costs changed then or since. Instead, you can now get 55 laurels per every four weeks (if you choose the 28-day reward of laurels), versus 38-41 laurels per month before the change.

In other words:

• Laurels are equally valued since before the change.
  • Players can obtain more because of the change.

Or tl;dr we are better off laurel-wise now than we were before.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Except the Laurel cost of Unidentified dyes. Sigh.

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Don’t you get more laurels now per month than you use to?

With the current system you get 55 laurels a month. With the old system you got one per day + 10 per month. So around 40-41 a month. I’m not seeing the issue here?

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Except for that.

On the other hand, the TP value of unID dyes is still ~90s now, which means you can buy a heavy crafting bag (for one laurel), sell the contents, buy an UnID dye from the lowest seller, and often still walk away with coin. That is, you can still spend one laurel to get one unID dye.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

lol yeah, too much for a blind purchase. This item was used to cost less before. :/

Laurel disconnect

RoseofGilead.8907

I miss the old 10 unids for 1 laurel.

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I miss the old 10 unids for 1 laurel.

That was due to the dye revamp to account bound. Don’t need as many dyes if once it’s unlocked it’s unlocked for all characters.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Laurel disconnect

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’m happy with the amount of laurels we get. I just wish that there were more ways to get mystic coins. We get less of those a month and they’re used for so many things.