Laurels

Laurels

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tropies.2351

Tropies.2351

Firstly, I think this wasn’t intended so i’m posting it in bug section.

So, after patch we have posibility to gain Laurel via PvP Monthly. That’s awesome, but this is where appears problem. As Monthly PvP achievement is so easy, this change awards people who don’t play pvp normally and/or do it slow. Now you are awarded 10 Laurel after compliting Monthly PvP, EVEN IF you already got 10 from normal Monthly. I’m now 10 laurels lower than players who did Monthly PvP after patch. I can’t be the only one, becouse 5 days before end of the month, majority probably have it done.

Thanks for reading,
Tropies

Laurels

Posted by: ocaritna.9785

ocaritna.9785

I thought you only do either PvE OR PvP Dailies to get the laurel, so if you do the PvE one, you’ll not getting another laurel from PvP dailies, and i think it applies on monthly too.

Or if you have guildies that getting laurels from doing both dailies (and monthlies), i think that’s a bug and should be fix soon.

cheers.

Laurels

Tropies.2351

It’s not like you can get from both normally. When you have done Monthly before 26.03 patch, you got Laurels from it, right? And if you haven’t done Monthly PvP before 26.03 and do it now, you get extra 10 Laurels from it. So, depending on when you did Monthly and Monthly PvP you can get 10 or 20 Laurels.

Laurels

Posted by: Cyga.1246

Cyga.1246

It’s true. People who did not play pvp before update can do pvp monthly now and get extra 10 Laurels. Its unfair

Laurels

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Well I do not think it is unfair. You know, it is not easy to win 3 matches in tournament. I tried it once with my guild and we failed all tourneys in the first round

Laurels

Posted by: Witchcraft.4789

Witchcraft.4789

If there are players getting rewards from both PvE & PvP, then this isn’t what the Patch notes state should be the case.

Laurels

Posted by: Ame.6503

Ame.6503

It’s very unfair! I did PvP monthly achievement ages ago and got stupid reward compared to laurels…

Laurels

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

confirmed i know people who got 2×10 laurels this month. I dont want them to be punished what i would like its to have same benefits…

Why exploiters are always the ones benefiting from patchs???

(edited by nmoral.3876)

Laurels

Posted by: ocaritna.9785

ocaritna.9785

I think the solution would be credits all the players that have done pvp monthly before the patch, i don’t know if that’s possible tho :/
such a shame, next time I’ll do my monthly after some big patch.

Laurels

Posted by: Ziazis.3708

Ziazis.3708

I wonder why doesn’t this get any response, it is not like everyone noticed yet but still I’m also kitten at being punished for doing the monthly before patch.

It’s not like the extra +1 laurel if you had done your daily before the patch on that day and did the pvp after that.
It is extra 10 laurels that is 10 days of playing and doing stuff!
So in effect people who weren’t able to play + did the both monthlys earlier are now punished for 11 days.

Nice one

There is no life without deaths. It’s existance.

Laurels

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

i see it in the same way, i wouldnt mind 1 laurel but 10…i hope they dont just look to other way and pretend nothing happened

Laurels

Posted by: shadowxxx.3145

shadowxxx.3145

Its so big advantage to players not playing game. I need 10 day to earn 10 laurels in honest way. Whats the point continue to play this game if i will never catch up to ppl who got laurels from this bug.

Laurels

Tropies.2351

Can we get any response from ANet? And if there was such, can i get a link?

Laurels

Posted by: Laumonier.2549

Laumonier.2549

im feeling spoiled like a lot of people
hope Anet will fix this and respond to this post soon

Laurels

Tropies.2351

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency, experience, or other things of value to players. It also includes actions that allow one player to gain a gameplay advantage over other players.

If somebody doubt, this IS an exploit, it perfectly fits the definition… So it generally should be banable.

Laurels

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I don’t think that players should be banned over this because someone could easily get it by playing the game normally with no intention of completing their monthlies. However, 10 laurels is a lot, so Anet should really do something about it.

Laurels

Tropies.2351

Well, I know that people won’t be banned, but as long as this is an exploit ANet should do something asap… And because it is an exploit it should be taking this laurels back, but I don’t have anything against giving them to people that completed monthly pvp before patch