Learning the same recipe twice (on different toons)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hill.5107

Hill.5107

I’ve searched for this and are pretty sure there wasn’t an thread/post like it. (Ingame report was filed a month ago)

Scenario:
Very early at game launch I got to the Jaws of Jormag event in Frostgorge Sound, did it and found the vendor afterwards. I bought ALL recipes from him and learnt them. I was trying out different things in the game and wasn’t sure which crafting I wanted.
Mind you, at this time recipes are soul bound, not account bound.

A patch later makes all recipes account bound, so that it is possible to have one high level toon getting recipes for low level toons.

W00p! off I got to the same event to get the recipes again, so my low level toons can do them, as the recipes are spread out over tree crafting skills. I do the event and get the recipes. I get them to my low level toons.

Problem:
They can’t learn them.
I’m told that the recipe is already learnt – and thus can’t learn again.
I looked at the list of crafteble items, and they don’t show on the new toon, only the old. Other recipes bought AFTER the patch change works perfectly, but it appears that any bought and learnt BEFORE are bugged, as in can’t be learnt again.

I would really like to have the possibility of crafting them on the low level toons please ; )

Regards
Hill

Posted by: Helemar.1273

Helemar.1273

I have a similar issue. I have two different characters at 80 with 2 400 level skills, but the recipes I learned were prior to the ‘all recipes are account bound’ patch.

Now my 3rd character is nearing 80, and has one skill at 400 and another just above 380. I don’t see any of the rare recipes I SHOULD have.

1st Character:
Huntsman/Jeweler

2nd Character:
Artisan/Tailor

3rd Character:
Weaponsmith/Leatherworker

So, since my 3rd character has corresponding recipes that are shared between 2 other professions on 2 other characters, I should have them. Alas, I don’t. Is there a way to fix this? I’d prefer not to have to spend 10k+ Karma on something I should have.

Posted by: The Jade Grue.3547

The Jade Grue.3547

I had this same issue and after talking to support we realized that the recipes require you to be level 80 and are giving the incorrect error message saying you have allready learned this recipe instead of saying your level is to low to learn it. When you get your lower level characters to level 80 they should be able to learn them then.

Posted by: Hill.5107

Hill.5107

@Helemar: I’m not sure I follow, but what you are experiencing and I, doesn’t seem to be the same thing. And from how I read it, you have ..well… an opposite bug. As I read it you have bought with karma some recipes that you can apparently use on all toons. And now you have toon which can’t. I’ll say that’s a bug, as you shouldn’t get the recipe on all toons, but only the one who actually learns it =)
So yes you have to buy it several times if you wish for it to be used on several toons.

@The Jade Grue: That was my initial though as well, only that doesn’t seem to be the case, as any other recipe I have learnt above my level I CAN see and even preview – they are just red and can’t be used, but I can see them. Only ones I can’t see are these mentioned above.

Regards
Hill