Legendary Prec bugs [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Kamohoali’i Kotaki III: The diving goggles in Frostgorge won’t register for the collection.

Not sure if this is as of todays patch or not. I completed Carcharias a bit ago. I did have a couple instances where I needed to do the diving goggles more than once in order to get them to register, however the one in FGS registered the first time around. If you have the time, you might try it a few times, as it would be important to know if this is something that was working but is now broken.

Tried twice but will try again later, thanks.

Edit: Jumped in a very specific way and it worked.

(edited by Icdan Sevaen.4628)

Posted by: Sakara Prime.5370

Sakara Prime.5370

Kudzu III

Compost now dropping. Only took 3+ weeks…..

Posted by: joyb.6214

joyb.6214

all of you only have individual collection problems.

I can’t progress because the NPC doesn’t think I have unlocked level 2.

Posted by: Charlene.6278

Charlene.6278

Nevermore I:

1) Item is not received after completing a tower in DS. Even after completing the full event and popping chest, no achievement/item.

2) After completing Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, no achievement/item was rewarded after popping the chest.

Posted by: trauma.1529

trauma.1529

Howler I: Killing a mosquito with the wolf totem does not give you the mosquito wings required for the collection.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Bolt is FINALLY FIXED.

I finished my Zap and made Bolt directly.

Posted by: Kanoene.4625

Kanoene.4625

Quip III:

You need Black Powder to make Confetti pouches
The description says you can get it from Thegren Topjaw in Plains of Ashford, but it does NOT appear in the vendor

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

Bolt is FINALLY FIXED.

I finished my Zap and made Bolt directly.

Great to hear. Maybe I’ll start on Bolt now.

Posted by: Kilak.1864

Kilak.1864

Quip III:

You need Black Powder to make Confetti pouches
The description says you can get it from Thegren Topjaw in Plains of Ashford, but it does NOT appear in the vendor

I reported it one week ago and saw some posts about it. I even made my own thread about it and they still didn’t fix it. I think we are supposed to wait 2 months or even more for them to add ONE item to vendor.

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Frostfang STILL has its glacial infused jar’s disabled…

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Hope I: Tears of Itlaocol. Alchemy table interaction works just fine, but the collection item doesn’t unlock

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: DragonFlykm.8621

DragonFlykm.8621

Nevermore I:

1) Item is not received after completing a tower in DS. Even after completing the full event and popping chest, no achievement/item.

2) After completing Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, no achievement/item was rewarded after popping the chest.

The second one is written wrong if you still unaware. Do Fire Elemental and you will get it.

Posted by: Seka.5647

Seka.5647

Moot tier 1 : Giant Shark doesn’t drop Giant Shark tooth, also something broke with the tooltip hint and it now shows ((635979)).

I am the first Chronomancer and God of Lag.

Posted by: Bronxi.3957

Bronxi.3957

HOPE IV: The Catalyst collection bug.
Ogden(The Durmand Priory) doesnt have a dialogue option to give you " Dwarven Spell Trap"

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

Anyone had any luck with “Tar elemental core” for Rodgort yet? It doesn’t drop from Tar elementals as stated.

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

Posted by: Yaki.8450

Yaki.8450

Legendary Achievement bug on Rodgort’s II

Speak to Master Hunterman
→ I am working on Rodgort
→Improve my Touch Head or Improve my Touch Handle

( collect Touch Head / Handle / Deldrimor Steel / Spiritwood )

Although I had bring the right quantity of thos items, then speak to NPC. However NPC without any further choose or text let me continuous.

Posted by: Gekigami.2597

Gekigami.2597

Hope I: Tears of Itlaocol. Alchemy table interaction works just fine, but the collection item doesn’t unlock

The recipe is unlocked if you are on a huntsman crafter with the correct skill level. The collection item won’t unlock until you actually craft it. It’s working as intended here.

Neural.1824

The recipe is unlocked if you are on a huntsman crafter with the correct skill level. The collection item won’t unlock until you actually craft it. It’s working as intended here.

Ok. I was expecting to get a recipe object in inventory as loot, as with some of the other collection items.

Posted by: King.1985

King.1985

Ogden(The Durmand Priory) doesnt have a dialogue option to give you " Dwarven Spell Trap"
+1
please fix

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

+1
please fix

Yes, +1 indeed. I am sad.

http://i.imgur.com/4CrJZAB.png

Neural.1824

A bug on Hope tier I. I know for a fact that yesterday on more than one occasion, people were able to test their Hylek poison on the NPC in Timberline, but another user and I just tried to do the same, for a few minutes, and were unable to get him to go “red” so we could test the poison. This seems to be one that works part of the time, but not all the time.

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

Legendary Achievement bug on Rodgort’s II

Speak to Master Hunterman
-> I am working on Rodgort
->Improve my Touch Head or Improve my Touch Handle

( collect Touch Head / Handle / Deldrimor Steel / Spiritwood )

Although I had bring the right quantity of thos items, then speak to NPC. However NPC without any further choose or text let me continuous.

I had no problems completing this one, but I think people aren’t reading carefully enough.

For improving of your torch head you bring him 5 of each torch head except deldrimor torch head where you only need one, same thing for handles, 5 of each except spiritwood where only one is needed. You’re gonna get stuck on Rodgort III tho :/

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

Posted by: Sloak.1234

Sloak.1234

Moot tier 1 : Giant Shark doesn’t drop Giant Shark tooth, also something broke with the tooltip hint and it now shows ((635979)).

yeah, I killed it 8 times now (and thats hard to do when you need the 2 events to fail) And nobody got the tooth any of those times.

Posted by: Redfox.7890

Redfox.7890

On Nevermore. For Natural Protector & Protector of the Weald, both checked off the collection but neither gave the trophy reward. Others might be broken too, but have only done 35% of t1 so far.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A couple of bugs that I’ve spotted to date:

1. Predator Tier 1 – If you have already completed the Quandry Scratch heart in Mount Maelstrom, you are unable to interact with the Experimental Asura Rifle scenery in order to obtain the required item. You can work around this by using an alt who hasn’t done that Heart yet, but this needs to be fixed in case there are players who already have completed Hearts on all their characters and have no more slots with which to make new ones.

2. Minstrel Tier 1 – Not a direct bug, but it is currently next to impossible to obtain the Swift Egg from Three-Toed Tootsie since she was given a Break Bar like all other Champs. However, her unique mechanics mean that it’s next to impossible for players to break her bar before her Take Off skill in complete. Even organized Dry Top maps have given up on trying to beat her.

Posted by: Xyka.7895

Xyka.7895

“Tar elemental core” for Rodgort… still bug? 4 week rly??? may be some one pull out arms from asskitten and fix it?

(edited by Xyka.7895)

Posted by: Reizei.3054

Reizei.3054

The Moot III: The Energizer:
Indigo Mushrooms do not stack, do not combine to create mushroom milk needed to craft Indigo Mushroom Milkshake.
Dance with Abaddon does not work at all

I have the same problem with Dance with Abaddon as the option to access the secret archive through Ogden has been disabled now and will need to be fixed.

Where do you actually harvest those mushrooms? They still haven’t dropped from mushroom nodes I’ve been going through in Tyria.

Posted by: Ruke.1839

Ruke.1839

Quaggan friendship bracelets for Frenzy III are undeletable and unsellable, occupying many inventory slots.

Posted by: ItsFishyTricks.7316

ItsFishyTricks.7316

The Moot III: The Energizer:
Indigo Mushrooms do not stack, do not combine to create mushroom milk needed to craft Indigo Mushroom Milkshake.
Dance with Abaddon does not work at all

I have the same problem with Dance with Abaddon as the option to access the secret archive through Ogden has been disabled now and will need to be fixed.

Where do you actually harvest those mushrooms? They still haven’t dropped from mushroom nodes I’ve been going through in Tyria.

Dance with Abaddon is bugged as well, but a GM gave me the trophy to try and help me along. The indigo mushroom drops are ridiculously low, something like a 10% chance of drop for each harvest, and it’ll only drop one single mushroom each time. The recipe for the Indigo Mushroom Milkshake requires 250 indigo mushrooms. It took me around 20-30 hours(game-time hours) with gathering and item boosters on to get just 25 of them. I believe those both are still bugged. Try going into the Archives during the Hidden Arcana mission, they may have fixed it there. But I wouldn’t even try to get this Lege track done specifically because of the indigo mushroom thing. (If you can’t tell, I’m super kittened about this haha)

Posted by: Fozzy.9240

Fozzy.9240

HOPE 3 Collection Golden Oxide compound does not drop. I have killed Auran the champion golden ooze 5 times now and have not received this as a drop.

Dinks.2478

HOPE IV: The Buggalyst

Ogden won’t give me the dwarven trap spell, also there are only 3 things available to trap but the charged one mentions 4. Chaotic Magics is also undoable because there are only 3 available chaotic energy sources and the item says to capture 4.

Dinks.2478

Also you can’t kill the champion branded devourer because the events leading up to it keep bugging at the same spot. “Protect Sentinel Whiptail while he finds and tames a siege devourer.”

Posted by: scottmjones.5369

scottmjones.5369

Dreamer: 1
cannot hand in the ale to Ogden stone hammer, have tried using other peoples instance etc also, still nothing.

Posted by: TheeKah.2456

TheeKah.2456

May slightly be off the bugs topic, but it does have to do with the Legendary precursor collections.

Kraitkin III: Venom – the krait humming crystal has a value and I sold it to a vendor. Later when I went to make the krait focusing crystal, I found out I needed it for the recipe and it’s too late to buyback from merchant. Was hoping to get it from Hobbs since it’s already been unlocked for my collection, but nothing shows up under “I have misplaced a vital component for crafting my Legendary.” I also tried killing krait hypnoss in hopes of it being dropped again, but no luck. It’s blocking my progress

Posted by: Renkku.7451

Renkku.7451

Nevermore I:

Same for me when I played yesterday! I can’t say if it was because my game crashed twice during the even chain but I was there the whole time of the tower part and didn’t get the item for the collection.

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

cannot hand in the ale to Ogden stone hammer, have tried using other peoples instance etc also, still nothing.

Worked for me, but it was before Tuesday’s patch.
Are you sure you have the proper ale and the proper Ogden ?

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

Posted by: kaozuki.8023

kaozuki.8023

rodgort… I could have completed the flame yesterday.. started farming in a good mood for that tar elemental core… after a while wondering..tried veteran.. nothing

wrote a ticket, send a bug report… and read now here its since a month?! what more can one do to make anet realise and fix that freakin bug?!

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

Collecting for The Device, Astralaria 1. Ogden wont respond and give me the piece for the collection.

Dinks.2478

HOPE IV:

Thanks for fixing Ogden.

Now for the remaining bugs, There only only 3 of 4 crystallized magics available in the collection so you cannot obtain Chaotic Magics. it worked

There is also only 3/4 spell trap targets available so I also cannot obtain charged dwarven spell trap.

Also cannot kill the Champion Branded Devourer in Iron Marches because the even chain keeps bugging at Brandwatch Encampment and the NPC will not move.

(edited by Dinks.2478)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Just ran across this thread about precurser bugs. Why is Anet not responding to this mess? Its been 26 days since the thread started and Andrew responded 24 days ago but I have not seen any update from the devs on this.

Folks are really having issues getting things that Anet said they needed for their legendary weapons. So why have they not fixed these things? So many appear to be simple fixes.

I was looking into doing my legendary but after seeing this and looking over the listing of things I needed for my legendary, I shall probably not even bother. I’ll look into using my exotics for a bit longer and move onto ascended instead.

What a mess.

Dinks.2478

Just ran across this thread about precurser bugs. Why is Anet not responding to this mess? Its been 26 days since the thread started and Andrew responded 24 days ago but I have not seen any update from the devs on this.

Folks are really having issues getting things that Anet said they needed for their legendary weapons. So why have they not fixed these things? So many appear to be simple fixes.

I was looking into doing my legendary but after seeing this and looking over the listing of things I needed for my legendary, I shall probably not even bother. I’ll look into using my exotics for a bit longer and move onto ascended instead.

What a mess.

They are periodically patching in the fixes, so thats at least nice.

Posted by: kaozuki.8023

kaozuki.8023

periodically? if that be so, rodgort wouldn’t be bugged since more than 3weeks now…

scottmjones.5369

Worked for me, but it was before Tuesday’s patch.
Are you sure you have the proper ale and the proper Ogden ?

yep 100% sure, i also cant talk to him to go into the basement to get the quaggan love book.

scottmjones.5369

update on Ogden dreamer 1 fixed with the hope IV fix

Dinks.2478

HOPE IV:

Killed Karka Queen 3 times with the spell trap buff up, no Karka Queen Magic.

Posted by: Renkku.7451

Renkku.7451

I accidentally used the Box of recipes: The Ravenswood Branch on a weaponsmith ‘cause the item description said so. Now there’s no recipe on the weaponsmith station, cause it’s apparently an artificer recipe, which I would have known, if this wasn’t my first time crafting a legendary weapon and the item didn’t say “weaponsmith 450”.. oh what a mess..

Dinks.2478

I’d also like to say that adding a requirement to kill a guy that only spawns when the event fails during a temple offensive is just poor design. As it stands I have to stand around for hours waiting for the temple to get contested, then I have to hope nobody defends it, then I have to hope that during the offensive to retake it that Lyssa doesnt die fast enough so that the Champion Risen Wraith spawns.

Posted by: Eks.1238

Eks.1238

Bolt II bug:

The master weaponsmith npcs are unlocking the wrong recipe for me after turning the items for The Art of Forging: Sword Hilt Edition.

When I talk to the npc and select, “I forgot how to craft a Balanced Sword Hilt”, the npc unlocks “A Weighted Sword Blade recipe”, which was already unlocked when I completed The Art of Forging: Sword Blade Edition.

I talked to the master weaponsmiths in every major city and ended up with the same result.

I have same issue – did you find any solution?

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

@Renkku you didn’t do anything wrong. The recipe DOES say it was okay for Weaponsmith. If you check your weaponsmith I guarantee it will have a recipe for the Legendary Inscription, but nothing else.

I filed a ticket on this last night and they replaced my recipe. I double checked it again, and IT IS INDEED for Weaponsmith, Artificer, and Huntsman. I will be unlocking it on my Artificer this time as my friend did that with no issues. I was asked to submit a bug report so it’s something they are aware of but it isn’t really a widespread issue.

You need to file a ticket and explain that the Box of Recipes for Ravenswood Branch says Weaponsmith but you did not get the recipes unlocked. The NPC that it says on Wiki should replace it, but it does not actually register as “lost” items. You need to ask for a replacement in the ticket. After I did this I had mine replaced rather quickly.

Best of luck.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: SammyCapricorn.4712

SammyCapricorn.4712

HOPE 4

I assume this is an oversight but the champ risen wraith(Risen crystalline phial) requires you fail two major events in Malchors Leap to spawn. People will not co-operate and it makes sense. Who’s going to listen when you’re telling them to fail events. Not to mention it says the cathedral is in Cursed Shore. Which it isn’t.

Also the spell trap requires more things to complete than are in the collection, Karka Queen’s magic doesn’t seem to get trapped by it either. And there is an event chain in Iron marches that needs to be completed to kill a champ branded devourer but it bugs almost every time from my experience. The guy just hangs around at Brandwatch Encampment.