Lich mechanics bypass bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

The skeletons were not porting or walking to the loudmouth guy on the ledge.
Fix pls

Edit: to clarify, he was calling us noobs for clearing the lich the way you’re supposed to instead of bugging it, so we dragged the skels over to him, but they still couldn’t get up there.

Attachments:

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

(edited by Toxicity.5392)

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

So, to sum that up.

Someone was calling you noobs and you decided to attempt grief play by dragging mobs to him (in order to kill him I presume) and now you are complaining here, that it didn’t work?

The “leashing” of mobs (mobs only following you to a specific point and then resetting and running back where they are supposed to be) has been introduced to prevent exactly that (among some other things)…

Also: What do you mean by bugging? (serious question)

I only know that people stack in a corner so they can kill the mobs faster, because then they spawn closer together instead of all over the map. That’s no bug, that’s common sense…
If you know what skills to dodge, there aren’t even any mobs (the summon can be dodged) – also no bug there.

Is there any other method I’m not aware of?

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I still don’t know why people spend so much time on the lich, you get quadruple the bags from just zerging around the middle area, the mobs respawn so fast there.

Sincerly, Me.

Rayti.6531

I still don’t know why people spend so much time on the lich, you get quadruple the bags from just zerging around the middle area, the mobs respawn so fast there.

It doesn’t take much time. Soloing it takes about 3-5 minutes, depending on class and performance. In a zerg it takes even less. When I “lead” (= tagging up and running in circles xD) on that map, I normally go there when all the other doors are gone to pass the time until the doors respawn.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Not sure if I got what’s the purpose of this but naming or shamming (or whatever are the terms) other players in forums isn’t allowed. If someone is abusing in some way (verbal abuse, exploit, or any other) you better report them using in-game tools. What’s even curious is the name and guild name of the guy in the pic… O.o

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

He wasn’t killing the mobs, and the mobs weren’t spawning, just stuck.

We do it the normal way and it does indeed not take long. about 2-3 mins incl killing the stupid skels.
The reason most zergers fail it is it scales up horribly and uplevels are useless.

And no, it’s NOT faster in a zerg. The fastest kills I’ve seen were 2-5 man.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Rayti.6531

He wasn’t killing the mobs, and the mobs weren’t spawning, just stuck.

Nobody questioned that. The mobs are just not supposed to go everywhere. The Lich itself also stops following you at a specific point and resets back to its original position, so do the mobs. This happens with every mob in the game. They have a designated area where they are supposed to be, as soon as they reach the border of that area, they stop following.

The only bug that I once noticed at this spot was, that sometimes a skeleton would spawn and get stuck below the surface of that small cliff, where you can’t reach it. But since the Lich lets the skeletons “explode” with every ~3rd skill, that doesn’t matter.

We do it the normal way and it does indeed not take long. about 2-3 mins incl killing the stupid skels.
The reason most zergers fail it is it scales up horribly and uplevels are useless.

Nope, the main reason zergers fail is, when they are not enough people to facetank/outheal and kill the skels but are also incapable of dodging the “summon skeleton” skill the Lich performs. The scaling is just as it is supposed to be -> for every player who doesn’t dodge the summon, a “stupid” skeleton spawns. Add to this, that noone removes the boons (regeneration!) of the Lich, and there it is, your perfect fail.

That’s also why most players stack, because you will always have players who spawn tons of skeletons (be it due to not knowing the mechanics, trolling, you name it), so the natural counter to that is to make sure they spawn close to one another, so you can at least kill the adds as fast as possible.

And no, it’s NOT faster in a zerg. The fastest kills I’ve seen were 2-5 man.

It’s always the “quality” and not the quantity of players that decides the duration of the fight. It can go very fast in a good zerg. Of course in a small group of people where everyone knows what he/she is doing, it goes faster because noone spawns unnecessary skeletons and the Lich can not regenerate huge amounts of health. In such a group you also don’t need to stack to succeed.

Regardless of all this I would highly recommend removing any player names from screenshots, since naming and shaming of any sort is not allowed on the forums. Just report him/her ingame and attach your unedited screenshot.

(edited by Rayti.6531)