Life Blast - consistently not hitting

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Pretty much as title says. This has been an issue for several months now – one that has apparently been looked at, but not fixed. (Before, I would get an ‘out of range’ notifier whenever life blast failed to connect, despite clearly being in range. Now I simply get no popup, no damage, nothing.)

On certain targets, Life blast will consistently simply not hit, despite there being no obstructions, no reflect/absorb, no targets in the way.

This is most apparent with targets being attacked by a lot of players – champions, legendaries, world bosses, keep lords. I’ve seen it on smaller targets too, elites, veterans.

A list of some examples off the top of my head, which I frequently simply cannot hit: Champion Ogre Chief Engineer, Champion Balloon Pilot, Champion Giant Basilisk, Champion Greater Owl Griffon (EotM). Maw Svanir Shaman, Ulgoth, Taidha Covington, Megadestroyer, Risen High Wizard.

I have no idea if it’s friendly players or their spells (absorbs/reflects) blocking the life blast projectile, but I do notice that I can sometimes increase my odds of connecting by moving point blank with the target. This does not always help however.

I have several videos documenting this. The first video previews my options settings in annotations (autotargeting off, skill promote on)

There are also a number of threads about this issue already.

Considering the lengthy cast time, life force requirement, and the traits that modify this skill, it’d be nice if it actually reliably worked.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Halcyon.7352

Bump.

I noticed today that I was missing the Caledon Jungle Wurm, even at point blank.

Missing static objects is pretty silly.

For the toast!

Halcyon.7352

Bump.

This bug has cost me kill credit on countless mobs at this point.

Was also missing the Jungle Wurm again today. I’ll try to record next time.

For the toast!

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I’ve also noticed this happening a lot at Frozen Maw.

Posted by: Arch Enemy.1296

Arch Enemy.1296

Yes this is really annoying

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s the same with the Lich form’s skill. It appears to be related to the Z-axis in some fashion as non-stationairy targets that aren’t on the same, level ground, always seem to be missed.

Posted by: Ash.8127

Ash.8127

it might be that it’s not a problem with the skill itself. during the last days it occured to me in champfights that random attacks “miss” as u say. i cast them, they should hit (no reflect etc.) but i don’t get any numbers.
can’t exactly tell u which attacks though, was on mesmer in eotm.

Halcyon.7352

It’s the same with the Lich form’s skill. It appears to be related to the Z-axis in some fashion as non-stationairy targets that aren’t on the same, level ground, always seem to be missed.

Maybe, but you can see in some of my footage that I’m on very flat terrain much of the time.

it might be that it’s not a problem with the skill itself. during the last days it occured to me in champfights that random attacks “miss” as u say. i cast them, they should hit (no reflect etc.) but i don’t get any numbers.
can’t exactly tell u which attacks though, was on mesmer in eotm.

According to the wiki, the BL keep lord apparently has a projectile absorb on it’s firebomb skill. (Have not personally verified) That would explain some of it perhaps – but there are far too many targets I’ve seen Life Blast specifically miss on.

For the toast!

Posted by: Wings.5140

Wings.5140

I have this same problem, noticing it mostly in Edge of the Mists as well. Sometimes I can get it to work again by strafing, but just as often it doesn’t work.

Less frequently i’ve also gotten this problem with the necro staff auto-attack. Makes me a very sad necromancer.

Halcyon.7352

Bump.

Been testing with Soul Reaping VI – Unyielding Blast for piercing.

Lifeblast is still missing as bad as ever even with the trait. Was just at a Maw, sitting about 500 range out from the Svanir Shaman. Piercing Lifeblast failed to hit over twelve consecutive times. Switched to staff auto, hit every single time.

I have this same problem, noticing it mostly in Edge of the Mists as well. Sometimes I can get it to work again by strafing, but just as often it doesn’t work.

Less frequently i’ve also gotten this problem with the necro staff auto-attack. Makes me a very sad necromancer.

Personally I’ve never seen staff auto nor the lich form auto ever unexplicably miss or fail to connect, except in cases in which a projectile absorb/block skill was used. Which is obviously working as intended.

For example: Like I said earlier, the fire bomb skill of the Champ engineer ogre at BL keep indeed has an absorb – seen this in use personally a few times now.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Halcyon.7352

Still missing, months later.

Was just at a Caledon jungle wurm, consistently missing the champion giant blighted grub in the pre-event for no apparent reason – lots of people due to daily Caledon events. Relatively flat terrain, out in the open, 7 casts, zero hits, well within range.

We’ve seen some term bugs fixed already, like cascading fall damage, is there any hope for necros?

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)