Lifetime Survivor achievement bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Katradam.6015

Katradam.6015

Q:

I have a problem with my “Lifetime Survivor” achievement. It’s been stuck at 0 since I started playing. Some solutions?

Posted by: staticstorm.2318

staticstorm.2318

i posted about this also still no offical word tho. i even delted one of my chars and remade still stuck at 0.

Posted by: Katradam.6015

Katradam.6015

some official answer then?

Posted by: Hunter of the Shadows.3056

Hunter of the Shadows.3056

Still happening for me too. No matter what I do it stays at zero.

Posted by: Idneitu.1460

Idneitu.1460

Just like in guildwars 1, it’s similar. You cannot die on that character (at all… /deaths have to show 0 deaths).

Posted by: Soap.5730

Soap.5730

I tend to doubt this Idneitu as when I make up a brand new character and play through to level 5 without even a downed the achievement is still stuck at 0/200,000.

Posted by: MobiuS.6394

MobiuS.6394

Idneitu – I do not believe that’s how the survivor titles work in GW1. It’s the amount of XP you’ve gained since death that counts to your title and progress.

In GW1, /deaths would show you the count of your deaths AND how much XP you’ve gained since then. GW2 does not show that stat – I wish it would.

Posted by: CorpusRye.2968

CorpusRye.2968

They changed the survivor title in GW1. During the time I played GW1 it was simply 0 deaths for 3×20 levels (1 death was enough for the title to fail for that character).

I think in 2011 or even 2012 they changed it to the way it is now in GW1.

Also the title didn’t show at all in GW1 unless you got to a certain level.

In short:
If they used the initial GW1 method of obtaining the survivor title, the counter will probably not increase until you are level xx and 0 deaths are allowd.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Let’s not try to figure out excuses for it. The Lifetime Survivor is simply bugged. If a developer really needs it for proof I can go through the bother of uploading a screenshot and linking it here, but I have a character (and screenshot) at level 23 showing zero deaths and 0 / 200,000 XP (for the first tier of two) towards the Lifetime Survivor achievement. How does that happen?

And I took that screenshot yesterday, so it’s still broken.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Has anyone gained the required exp for the first tier without dying? If Yes, did you get the first tier? It might be that the pixels are bugged on the achievement meter but when you acutally surpass the threshold for the first tier that it might give you credit.

Posted by: PanzerG.3270

PanzerG.3270

I have crafted a character to lvl 29 (thats more than 200K exp in total)
Death count is still = 0, but so is lifetime survivor.

This problem was first described on September 2nd in the wiki comments…and untill today we don’t have an official answer.

I would like to know at least if this is a bug or if we simply missed something.
It’s getting annoying to have such a problem for 6 weeks now and no comment by arenanet.

1) is this a bug ?
2) if so, is anet working on it ?
3) if so, will we get the exp credited or do we have to restart ?