List of (Mini-)Map Bugs/Glitches

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

I compiled a little list of (mini-)map bugs/quirks i found. See the attached screenshots for details / examples:

CONTESTED vs. NON-CONTESTED

Usually, you can easily see if a Tower/Keep/Camp in WvW is contested… unless it is fully upgraded and claimed by a guild.

In that case, the white sword-icon that is usually displayed will be obscured by all those additional icons showing that the tower is claimed and upgraded.

WRONG Z-ORDER

Some time ago somebody decided to change the z-ordering of certain icons in the game. Since then its possible that tower/keep/camp icons completly obscure the orange battle-crosses.

Basically you could stand not very far away from a tower where a whole zerg is killing the champ and you wouldn’t even notice it as all you would see is the regular tower-icon.

the orange battle crosses should always be rendered on top of everything else.

SQUAD-MEMBERS

This is where it gets really strange. If you’re playing in EotM (and from what I’ve seen – ONLY there), the icons for other squad-members are acting kinda weird. Some squad-members will show up as blue dots on the map and some as green dots. Only the blue ones act as you would expect (if you move the mini-map, they show up at the edge).

I guess the blue ones belong to players who are playing on the same server while the green ones are playing on other servers… but i’m not sure.

I would expect all markers to behave the same way (preferably like the blue markers).

INVISIBLE GUILD MEMBERS

This bug has been around for ages: if somebody from the same guild is switching himself to “invisible” he will still show up on the map as a yellow dot. Making that setting kinda pointless.

MISSING ICONS

There are some icons missing on the map: all the new bankers that were added to the WvW-maps are not displayed on the map… as aren’t all crafting-station-icons in Skrittsburgh in Brisban Wildlands (those are missing since release).

There might be more but those are the ones i know of.

Attachments:

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

More missing Icons:

• Alpine Borderlands: Black Lion Trader (both on home-borderlands and enemy borderlands)
  • Durmond Priory: Weapon Requisitioner Devin, Arcanist Braccae don’t have vendor-icons
  • Order of Whispers HQ: same as above – icons for Weapons/Armor-merchants are missing
  • Vigil Headquarters: see above