Living Story Notification Missing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

The Living Story Notification UI no longer shows up on my screen and I no longer receive notifications in game that Tequatl is attacking. This means if I want to try to participate in the event I have to camp the Sparkfly map. I did not think there was a way to remove the notifications. Can this be fixed? See screenshot, there is no notification on the top right corner.

Attachments:

Posted by: Merujsy.6283

Merujsy.6283

Same problem. I completed the meta this morning, logged off to go out.
And now I’m back all ready for teq, it isn’t there anymore.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Posted by: Musky.2304

Musky.2304

Server: Dragonbrand
Map Location: all zones and instances
Character Info: 80, Sylvari, Ranger

I have the same issue too. There is no Tequatl status at the top right of the UI but I still get the sound notification when there is a Tequatl status change.

I have completed the “Boss Week” living story in case that is relevant.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

On a related note, if anyone is able to reproduce a way to intentionally hide/remove the Living World Content notifier on the right side, as opposed to forcing it to display, please share it. The same request goes for the Personal Story UI banner (other than actually completing it as forced group content to complete hours of personal, solo content is ludicrously illogical). Many players want to hide these elements from displaying, but there is no way to hide these annoyances.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

Same issue for me. It disappeared last night after I killed Tequatl.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Just this second happened to me………………

Just after completing boss week.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

I have the same problem; no more UI. I do, however, still hear the sound notification when Tequatl attacks.

I think it’s turned off when you complete the Boss Week meta achievement. However, I still want a shot at beating Tequatl; the UI warning would be nice!

- Fort Aspenwood -

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

I have the bug also. It happened in frostgorge sound after I used the LFGT for the first time. I posted a LFG for a zerg in Frostgorge Sound. I had an invite and accepted the invite. That cleared my LFG in the tool and gave me the updated LFG message. After that the world event notice sound went off and boom no more World Event UI. I had already completed the Boss Week event and had the World Event UI for two days after completing it. I have not killed Tequatl and have only been in overflow while partaking of the Tequatl Event. I logged out and back in, no effect. I also ran a repair and it did not fix it.

I filed a bug report before checking here first sorry dev’s. :-(

Server: Blackgate
Map: Frostgorge Sound (when removed) / all maps do not display
Character: lvl 80 elementalist (when removed) / no character has the UI
UI sound still works
Personal Story still works

hope this helps

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Zedd.8239

I have the same problem; no more UI. I do, however, still hear the sound notification when Tequatl attacks.

I think it’s turned off when you complete the Boss Week meta achievement. However, I still want a shot at beating Tequatl; the UI warning would be nice!

I’ve never had the living story part of the UI vanish after completing the meta achievement related to it before. The notifications about Scarlet invading stayed right up until the event ended.

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Okay, so I’ve been wondering for awhile now and thought the Teq UI on the upperhand screen of the game that shows when Teq is attacking was removed or glitched due to the patch on tuesday.

I have the lfg tool in game, so I don’t know if that interfered with the Teq UI interface. Before I could access the lfg tool I had the Teq Alert UI.

Now that I don’t have the Teq Alert, I know for a fact that everytime Teq is attacking the coast there is a Beep noise that tells me he has arrived.

Attachments:

(edited by Wicked Rin.1972)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Actually I think this is a bug and not inteded, If you have your sound on, you will still hear the “ding” as the announcement changes to “Teq is attacking sparkfly” but the text is not appearing any longer.

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Yep, I noticed this yesterday. Glad I’m not the only one!

Zedd.8239

I don’t even get the sound effect. So I’m completely in the dark about when Tequatl is attacking unless I keep asking people that are there or I’m actually present in Sparkfly Fen myself.

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Did you recently finish the Boss Week/Sunless Living Story content? I’ve seen other threads here where people say the Teq announcement goes away when you get all the acheivements.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Soulburn.8526

Soulburn.8526

I noticed since yesterday that the Living Story interface field which usually shows the Living story of the moment..
A guildie told me that his living story part is missing suddenly either.
relogging and all didnt help >.< Can anyone help us/me? Cause I cant see as example when Tequatl is attacking, I merely here a sound and I usually play with quiet sounds.. :/
thanks alot in advance alrdy >.<

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Yes I’ve completed the Boss achievements

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Yes I’ve completed the Boss achievements

me too .. the UI is gone but i still hear the ‘’ Ding ’’ it make when Teq attack ….

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

cant se it either. have no idea when tequatl is attacking which is not very cool. have to wait and be there waiting for him to attack :/ sry to say this, but i think this game has more bugs then ever since last patch. new content every 2 weeks really hurt this game.

(edited by Constantine.7812)

Posted by: Spydominator.3845

Spydominator.3845

That yellowish message window where it would tell us the living world events currently ongoing such as:Tequatl rising and Scarlet minions attacking a certain zone.It used to be right under the daily window.Does anyone else have that window missing too?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Same issue. I thought maybe it had been removed with the last patch, but that certainly isn’t how it has been with previous LS updates.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Also experiencing this at the moment, and yep, completed the meta-event.

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the reports!

In future releases we’re going to make sure to keep the Living Story tracker active even if the achievements have been completed.

As a workaround, there are a few websites out there that use our API to track Tequatl and other world boss spawn times. They’re pretty spiffy! Could be worth a look.

Posted by: Aroha.2875

Aroha.2875

Drat! I was hoping it was intentional, I was enjoying the lack of extra clutter!

[UV] United Vanguard ~ Tarnished Coast
For the Toast!!!11!!one!!

Posted by: Caittus.7436

Caittus.7436

Thanks for the reports!

In future releases we’re going to make sure to keep the Living Story tracker active even if the achievements have been completed.

As a workaround, there are a few websites out there that use our API to track Tequatl and other world boss spawn times. They’re pretty spiffy! Could be worth a look.

How about the option to display or disable the tracker at our personal preference?

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Drat! I was hoping it was intentional, I was enjoying the lack of extra clutter!

fukcing this!

can we please have an option to remove certain things from the UI?

The Living Story thing would be one of them. Cause when im not interested in the current Living Story i just dont need it, and if i am, i still dont need it all the time.

Personal Story notification: I suffered through the personal story once and i have absolutely no intention to ever do that again.

The XP-bar and current effective level: this is just completely pointless when i’m lvl 80 already.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Durkuhl.1340

Durkuhl.1340

same deal, i know some with all achev and can still see too

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Well that’s annoying, I don’t seem to be getting any invasion warning either.

Ah well I guess it will make it even harder for those that haven’t done TEQ, more people won’t bother to go and help.

And I think when you hear the “noise” it’s too late.

Anyway thinking more about it, I don’t have all the achievements, now I don’t know when TEQ is up, blah crummy !

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Thanks for the reports!

Perhaps the LS could be a clickie notice like the daily and monthly. Then people could unclick it if they don’t want it at all, leave it showing, or turn it off after completing.

Since the daily and monthly work this way, perhaps it would be easy to implement.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!