Living Story: dirt, snow covered objects

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Plasma.9527

Plasma.9527

I have checked all the possible spawn locations for snow-covered and dirt-covered objects multiple times using Dulfy’s guide. I could not find any; where they should have been, there was usually a wooden plank or some other thing.

This is either means :
1. The spawn locations were changed from Dulfy’s guide.
2. The items are bugged.

If it’s a bug, this bug halts progress and will stop people from completing the limited-time Living Story achievement.

Posted by: Jacketh.7208

Jacketh.7208

I’m having this issue too, please help.

Posted by: MidnightPorter.4802

MidnightPorter.4802

I do not think the locations have changed from Dulfy’s guide. I have found all but one of the objects at the stated locations.
However, my last dirt covered object is not spawning. I also have other items like broken planks and branches at those locations instead. I have used different characters, different days, and different servers, and expanded to looking across whole swathes of the map (all suggestions that have worked for other players) and still cannot find it.
This is all that is stopping me completing living story and would really appreciate someone taking a look at it.

Posted by: Arhon.1638

Arhon.1638

i second this i have searched the snow-covered(got them all) and dirt-covered objects expect the Logbook(i have been trying to get this for like 2 days straight..)

So i reached this conclusion: The Location’s are bugged

It would be great if the GW2 fix this issue as fast as possible since there is not much time left till the Living Story ends.

Posted by: oneisuntouchable.4710

oneisuntouchable.4710

On Devona’s Rest, snow covered objects and dead drops are working, but they are not in Diessa Plateau. They do not show up at the locations where I’ve found them before.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The locations move around: Dulfy lists all the confirmed possible locations. There should be three dirt-covered and three snow-covered on each server (although they move each day). The problem is that each refugee item is tied to only one of the covered objects: e.g. if you find the snow-covered object tied to the Refugee Goblet, but are looking for the compass or the ship, you’ll get a message saying you already found that object. But there should still be two more snow-covered objects in the same zone and those are supposed to have the remaining items.

It worked this way before the last update, even though many people claimed it was bugged then, too.

I can’t confirm this since I already turned in all six. My recommendation is to do the following:

1. File a support ticket (just in case I’m wrong) — at the very least, if enough people are experiencing the issue, ANet will make a special announcement.
  2. While waiting for an official answer, keep looking in the zone for all three covered objects. If you can’t find all three (or if you do and that doesn’t resolve the issue), change characters and guest to a different server (or wait until server reset), just to eliminate either of those as potential issues.

If I’m correct, that this is simply annoying & confusing, then (2) will work and you can close the support ticket. If I’m wrong, then you’ll help ensure that ANet is aware of the magnitude of the issue, increasing the likelihood this will get urgent attention.

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

This issue is aggravating a lot of players since it happening throughout multiple servers. Please fix this so we can get the title from the dungeon before time runs out. Guesting isn’t even helping because if you pick 2 servers and both are bugged for Lost & Found and some of the other things… then you’ve wasted your guesting for that day.

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I’m not even using Dulfy’s guide after the initial circuit.

The fact is I’m not seeing any objects or dead drops at all.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

Posted by: Velmik.9812

Velmik.9812

I have the same problem. Found on the snow covered objects with little issues. Been on two servers (guested to another one) and I haven’t found one dirt-covered object and I can’t find the mysterious objects for another achievement either. Needs to be fixed quickly.

Posted by: Jacketh.7208

Jacketh.7208

Please atleast acknowledge it’s an issue, getting annoyed of wondering around these locations!

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

I definitely do not have time to wander around the entire map for a bugged achievement. I live and work on a running farm and I’m busy. I wanted to spend an afternoon playing with my dad (who lives across the country) because he only has saturdays off work… and we were going to work on the flame and frost things because its limited time…. Please at least acknowledge that you’re working on this ANet

Posted by: Program Death.5378

Program Death.5378

I actually the exact opposite. I found all the dirt cover with no problem but cannot seem to find the snow covered. Found all the dead drops though with no problem.