Loot Depreciation and/or Tagging Bug ?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Red Id.6970

Red Id.6970

Hi, I’m a guardian running a full ascended celestial build but i seem to be running a bit of a problem lately. At first i thought that I’m not doing enough damage on my own and tried these solutions:

1. Joining a Full Party
2. Adding Bane Signet (+180 Power at lvl 80) + Superior Sigil of Bloodlust at 25 Stacks
3. Adding Food, Utility and other Boons to my build

Unfortunately, i still encounter the problem of Loot Depreciation and/or Tagging Bug

Possible Loot Depreciation (?)
1. After about 30 minutes in the Mad King’s Labyrinth my loot bag count begins to drop. I notice it especially during “Eliminate Foes” mob event where i usually get more than >20 drops. But after 30 minutes it becomes extremely evident that my drops becomes <10 during those mob events (even scattered minions began to rarely drop anything).

Possible Tagging Bug (?)
2. Hitting champs from 100% to 0% health and sometimes i don’t get loot. Applies to outside world events and not just Mad King’s Labyrinth.

Clearly, this has nothing to do with damage. One thing noticeable about my action is i spam the AOE Loot key during mob killing

My Base Magic Find is 204.

Please help, reduced loot drop is killing the fun

Edit: Corrected spelling for Depreciation

(edited by Red Id.6970)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may be experiencing DR for number one. Number two may have something to do with large groups and the possibility that only the first x number of players hitting the boss/Champ are rewarded. /shrug

Posted by: Red Id.6970

Red Id.6970

Hey there, thanks for answering.

1. So it would seem Loot Depreciation is intended for Mad King’s Labyrinth but we need someone official to confirm this else, it would be a bug.

2. May not be a possible bug but needs improvement. I could get orange champ boxes from the 3 Champion Husks in the pre Jungle Worm Event without any party. So well, tagging really needs to be reviewed for this game.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

DR is a very real thing that occurs in any farming situation in the game. Spend more than a certain amount of time anywhere doing the same thing over and over, and you’ll hit DR. The labyrinth seems to have you hit that DR wall a bit more quickly than other places in the game.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Same problems for me.

1. is indeed DR
2. is the game bugged since the beta and never corrected by ANet. It IS a bug : if you’re alone / not doing enough damage (even hitting the champ’ the whole fight) you won’t get loot. You have to be in a group to override this situation (the damages done by the group as a whole match then the minimal required damage to gain loot). But it is clearly a bug : even alone, you should be rewarded with your loot when you participate in the fight.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Diminished Returns applies to every zone and every instance. It triggers when you spend a lot of time in the same area, where the exact definitions of “a lot of time” and “area” depend on circumstances.

The easiest way to check if you are suffering DR in the Labyrinthe is to compare your per event karma and/or experience gains, i.e. what shows up next to the medallion (which probably all of us automatically click away too quickly now). If you have DR in the Lab, you will be gaining significantly smaller amounts of karma/xp than those around you (and then you were originally) and seeing a ton of porous bones and fewer ToTs etc.

The quickest way to remove DR is to take your character to another zone for 15-60 minutes (with the amount of time also varying with circumstances), doing at least an event or two. You can also swap toons; your alts won’t suffer the same DR in the Lab. It’s also possible for DR to wear off Character A while you are playing Character B, C, or D, but that’s less reliable and I think generally takes 24-48 hours.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”