Loot limit?

Loot limit?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Seeings.3160

Seeings.3160

Hello,
Is there some kind of limit on the loot?

I’ve been AoE farming the events in Cursed Shore, but after a while it seems like I no longer get any loot (or at least just occasionally 1 or 2 per 20+ mobs)

I’m just asking this or if it’s just a bug.

Loot limit?

Posted by: Incendio.7901

Incendio.7901

I noticed on my Mesmer that when I have clones and phantasms out (which is almost always), the number of yellow items that I get is dramatically lower than others in my party. We all have almost identical magic find %. This is in the level 80 zone.

When I switched to using an ability that never summons clones or phantasms, and do not otherwise summon them, the amount of loot I get rises dramatically. It could be related to the clones/phantasms “getting the loot” instead of me, and thus I’m not getting what I should.

If this intentional in the code, I will have to shelve my Mesmer

edit: This is in the level 80 zone.

(edited by Incendio.7901)

Loot limit?

Seeings.3160

I’m not using any pets tho. So it’s not the same thing as you.

My issue is that I’ve been happily AoE farming. Then all of a sudden I get almost no loot at all.
If I wait a few hours (don’t know exactly how long I’ve usually waited) then I can keep getting lots and lots of items again.
I’m not just talking about yellow items I’m talking about white and also gray items.

Loot limit?

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

Interesting. I’ll have to experiment without my pet (Ranger). I’ve noticed when “farming” for crafting mats like blood that the drop rate seems to diminish over time. It’s like the first group of mobs tends to drop be pretty good, but each successive group after that has less and less chance, but maybe my pet is stealing my blood?

Little thieving 4#%$#

:)

Loot limit?

Posted by: lysander.6154

lysander.6154

Anti-farming mechanism? I had the same thing with long droughts and I actually thought it might have to do with a potential bug in the magic find system.

For me, I started farming with a bunch of magic find gear and noticed a drought (that is, a drought in terms of -no drops at all- for about 30 kills), but when I switched to gear with little to no added magic find the drops started occurring again. Maybe there’s a bug where, for some reason, if loot isn’t generated from the higher table or whatever magic find bumps up, nothing is given?

Or it really is time based and it just so happened that when I switched the ‘timer’ reset and allowed drops again.

edit: for clarification, I was farming crimson moa in the 15-25 charr lands with a mesmer. The mesmer uses clones and phantasms. Both AoE farming clumps of moa and single-targetting others.

(edited by lysander.6154)

Loot limit?

Seeings.3160

It really is annoying, and it would be cool if we could get an official answer, if this loot limit is a bug or an actual feature, from the Guild Wars 2 team.

Loot limit?

Posted by: Pranachan.6052

Pranachan.6052

I have noticed something similar with my Ranger in Brisban Wildlands. It is very frustrating to be grinding for hours and not actually getting anywhere.

Loot limit?

Posted by: Gerbil.3510

Gerbil.3510

Try farming in different areas and then write here again if the problem percists.

Loot limit?

Posted by: dromor.3108

dromor.3108

Hi, I play a Charr engineer.
I am nearly 80 and am going to post a bug report once I am finished here. I have done a lot of farming the past weekend for items to do leather working. In the 15-25 area that follows the Charr starting area there is a cave that has flame legion that spawn in large numbers. AoE farming them down I experience the same issue after maybe 10-15 minutes of farming. I have also experienced this while farm wolves in other areas, harpies in other areas, and a few other places with other mobs. I picked out the flame legion because that was the most jarring example because I found it was a good place to farm loot bags and copper coins, this happened while I was with friends who were still getting items from it too. I was getting no loot while they still managed to loot most mobs. I’m unsure if this is intended or not, but from that example it seems that it may be a bug.

Loot limit?

Posted by: minianthunter.5810

minianthunter.5810

Some one in map chat said that bonus exp is based on how long the mob has been alive for, the longer it has been alive the more exp you get. I know it’s not directly related to the problems you guys (and myself) have been having, but it might fit under the “encourages exploration” that the bonus exp promotes.

Have any of you tried increasing the range of you aoe farming “circuit”?

Loot limit?

Posted by: davelid.1984

davelid.1984

They have anti farming system to prevent botting. If you stay in one area the drop rate decreases dramatically. If you can to farm stuff do a rotation through several areas or even zones and you should be able to avoid it.

Loot limit?

Posted by: dromor.3108

dromor.3108

how does that explain my friends continuing to get loot while it stops dropping for me?

Loot limit?

Posted by: Shannon.9583

Shannon.9583

Hi, I play a Charr engineer.
I am nearly 80 and am going to post a bug report once I am finished here. I have done a lot of farming the past weekend for items to do leather working. In the 15-25 area that follows the Charr starting area there is a cave that has flame legion that spawn in large numbers. AoE farming them down I experience the same issue after maybe 10-15 minutes of farming. I have also experienced this while farm wolves in other areas, harpies in other areas, and a few other places with other mobs. I picked out the flame legion because that was the most jarring example because I found it was a good place to farm loot bags and copper coins, this happened while I was with friends who were still getting items from it too. I was getting no loot while they still managed to loot most mobs. I’m unsure if this is intended or not, but from that example it seems that it may be a bug.

Its a bug whether intentional or not.

If it is a code error, then it is a code bug.

If it is intentional, then it is a design bug.

Bug either way, and very frustrating. Sort of like having to pick up items from the trading post… totally inconsistent with being able to remotely bank at a crafting station.

Just… silly stuff like that is so annoying.

Loot limit?

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

This is a MMORPG, we’re supposed to be able to spend our time the way we like. Being forced to move to another zone because of some dumb anti-farming code is taking away our freedom to play the way we want and like. This is the most kitten thing I’ve ever seen in a MMORPG!

(edited by Leto.5642)

Loot limit?

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

and LOL at that company who’s censoring a word that’s not even offensive, replacing it with “kitten”. You’re sure you’re not chinese?

(edited by Leto.5642)

Loot limit?

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Really? I’ve been wondering whether in Guild wars 1 Specifically Necromancer minions and having a ranger pet out. Not to mention Ritualists with their spirits recieved less loot. Based on them sharing loot just like heroes and henchman would.

Is the engine that much the same that it scales exactly the same and the Guild wars 1 speculation bode truth?
0.o

But to come back to the ‘’anti-farming’’ part.
I’m not exactly positive about that, if i farm a specific mob that drops less frequent at some point. and just stops dropping afterwards. 6-7 mobs later i start recieving it on nearly every mob.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)