Looting and Interacting should not be the same button!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Auturgist.8256

Auturgist.8256

This is less a game bug and more a super annoyance when you’re in any kind of dungeon with NPCs with whom you can interact and you want to loot quickly in battle. Seriously, just make looting its own function, so I can loot quickly instead of opening dialogue menus in the middle of combat.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Yeah! Absolutely true! +1

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

If you’re stopping to loot you are not fighting.

Wait for battle to end.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Well, sometimes a lot of loot have gone until then. ^^

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

Your auto attack is still going while you loot, so actually, you are still fighting. Aside from that, the fact that F tries to: Talk to npcs that walk on your loot, fighting or not, rezz someones dead pet that walked by your loot, interact with a turret gun or anything interactable that might be nearby, etc instead of looting quite frequently is irritating regardless of being in combat.

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

Your character might be fighting but you’re not :P

You are busy moving to and looting. It’s a distraction.

That said, I do agree that it should be a different key function.

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Looting, talking, picking up, resurrecting, all on one button, is a bit much. It’s bad enough that I keep ending up resurrecting someone’s pet instead of a downed player but when I erroneously start looting instead, it’s really irritating. The same applies when I’m trying to pick up something next to an NPC or trade with a jotun standing next to some items. It’s bad too that the NPCs are often too close together, sometimes literally on top of each other, so although one is clearly targeted, it’s the other with whom I interact, which is why I ended up being a weaponsmith instead of getting my armour mended.

Posted by: Atlas Jackson.9480

Atlas Jackson.9480

I kept getting knocked around in WvW trying to rez allies, only to start healing someone’s pet. See also: grabbing banners when you’re trying to rez, talking to NPCs when you’re trying to rez, and mining when you’re trying to rez.