Lost 3 story steps (NOT removed ones)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

(I’ve mentioned this way some way down in the chat on a thread I raised on a related bug about the Story Journal, but it’s a bug in its own right that may or may not have the same root cause, so I’d like to flag it as such.)

My level 80 character has just reached the last Personal Story step without ever being offered three story steps that are, supposedly, still in the game. She was on “Ossiary of Unquiet Dead” when the patch hit. Last night I played that, then followed her story line through subsequent steps until she hit the final one, “Victory or Death”.

Prior to the patch she had yet to do the following story steps (which are supposedly still in the game):
- “Against the Corruption”
- “Cathedral of Silence” or “Romke’s Final Voyage”
- “The Source of Orr”
At no point last night was she offered them. They’ve just vanished from her story as though they never existed. And her Story Journal is a complete mess (the other bug I flagged).

Basically it seems that she’s been arbitrarily skipped past and deprived of three story steps that were ahead of the step she was on, but which have now been rearranged to precede it. Unfortunately, they also contained crucial parts of the overall story, without which the end of the story doesn’t make half as much sense.

Is there any intent to give characters such as mine access to the skipped steps, so that they can complete “their” personal stories?

Edit: Completed “Victory or Death” last night. Still no sign of the missing episodes.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Possibly not removed, as you stated, but since they were rearranged they became “preceding steps” then it wouldn’t be offered to you as you supposedly was ahead of them in this new sequence. I was almost at the end of PS before patch (lvl 79 but I believe I had 2 steps left) but now I’m really pondering if I should go on with it. I was looking forward to see where that happenings were going to take me but now I’m not interested on playing same steps again and/or skipping others.

Posted by: Drael.6480

Drael.6480

I had this same issue, I played through the same Lighthouse arc steps on my Charr Engineer (post-patch) in the same order they’ve always been presented in pre-patch then last night when I took my Asuran Elementalist in while doing the Tank arc, it skipped straight to Victory or Death.
I posted that here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Skips-Arc/first#post4413520