Loud random character voices.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This is happening randomly (again). So far quite noticeable in WvW.

Just in the past 30 mins or so, I heard a charr, asura, and a couple human voices appearing to come from my character. Same thing occurred multiple times while in wvw last night. I did not notice if my characters mouth was moving, it’s a bit too random to quickly see if that is the case when it occurs. It sounds like it’s coming from your own point of view though. However, at least everyone in the immediate area hears this loudly at the same time.

edit because it is: Reason I believe WvW sees it far more, is that the voices are also caused by the enemy, so your potential ‘pool’ of triggers is far increased in WvW than in PvE.

Posting as I could not find anything recent about this, but it is entirely possible I missed it.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Just in the past 30 mins or so, I heard a charr, asura, and a couple human voices appearing to come from my character. Same thing occurred multiple times while in wvw last night. I did not notice if my characters mouth was moving, it’s a bit too random to quickly see if that is the case when it occurs. It sounds like it’s coming from your own point of view though. However, at least everyone in the immediate area hears this loudly at the same time.

I believe at least some of the lines are coming from enemies but hard to know for sure.

Posting as I could not find anything recent about this, but it is entirely possible I missed it.

I’ve also made a thread about this. It has gone unnoticed. It started happening to me just before BW3.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I only noticed this three times in like 20 hours or so of play. Not as bad as it had been but still weird and annoying when it happens. It’s just odd it isn’t more consistent. I don’t do Wvw tho so maybe if it more consistent there that could point to the source of the issue.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I believe at least some of the lines are coming from enemies but hard to know for sure.

I’ve also made a thread about this. It has gone unnoticed. It started happening to me just before BW3.

I was looking for another so I could bump it, yeah it seems to have started right before bwe3.

Posted by: LyraHeart.4781

LyraHeart.4781

Yeah, I don’t know when this started but I definitely noticed it playing during bw3. It seems really random when it does happen. The sound is like it is coming from your character, when it’s clearly not your character talking. Can also hear the enemies saying downed lines or low health lines. You’ve always been able to iirc, but not as if it were coming from your character. It’s quite loud. I don’t know if it’s affecting pve or pvp, my main mode of play is wvw, so that’s where I’ve noticed it the most. Either way, I play with my game sounds turned up a bit so I can hear my surroundings, so hearing a random character like it’s right in my ear does get a bit annoying.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Uh oh, possibly an old bug made its way back? O.o

Andraus.3874

My guess is it’s only certain lines from certain races and genders. So if it happens and you can remember exactly what it was try to post. If we can find a pattern to the problem then that gives devs a direction to go in. But as it stands now it’s too random to replicate and fix.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Uh oh, possibly an old bug made its way back? O.o

It is definitely the same, but much less frequent now. I did notice it was consistent though when in Verdant Brink with a specific saying by an npc. They would say “Help me collect airship parts so I can build a bomb”. It was an event on the opposite side of the map.

Certified Gameaholic

Andraus.3874

In pvp if I am near a male ranger slyvari as a male slyvari myself, he will say something like “come here” to his pet when he is dead. Also when the ranger himself had low health I said “need help over here”.

Posted by: SIGfigures.1784

SIGfigures.1784

I’ve also been hearing character voices, mostly from players who have been spiked to low health and/or are downed. At times it is very loud, as if the player is right on top of you, but the players are more often than not, far away or in stealth.

I’ve often heard enemy players say their “Bandage” quotes while in down stealth as well.

Happens most often in PvP/WvW.

[VLK][ERP] — Also known as…
All Charr, All the time.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I guess the most common denominator on this issue, appears to be stealth. Or at least, it seems to be the most common cause of it. Hopefully, this has already been fixed with HoT >.>

If not, Anet, here is the issue, and if it continues occurring in HoT, will keep complaining on this, as it is quite loud.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Not sure if the prior issues are going on still, but this seems to imply it is. Often keep hearing “May Lyssa Confound You” when out in maps, core and HoT, while on a human revenant, even with no one else nearby.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Going to add that this is still occurring, at times worse than others. There is no rhyme or reason to it’s occurrence.

Posted by: Solitarian.6019

Solitarian.6019

In pvp if I am near a male ranger slyvari as a male slyvari myself, he will say something like “come here” to his pet when he is dead. Also when the ranger himself had low health I said “need help over here”.

That is normal but this random “May Lyssa confound you!” wasn’t normal until recently. Keep hearing this randomly and it is getting very annoying. Often multiple people are hearing it at same time, but this isn’t guaranteed either.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

In HoT areas at least, all characters seem to be randomly saying things. May Lyssa Confound You is pretty common on humans, but there are also a few greetings that are randomly done, and everyone seems to get these at the same time. Sylvari for instance say something like it’s nice to meet you, complete with a chat bubble over your character, and 3 of us all in party noticed this at the same time. This isn’t walking up to one of the npc’s that triggers dialogue, either. This happened multiple times, with the nearest creatures being pocket raptors and a stonehead. Another time, one was halfway across the map from the other 2, and all 3 got this at the same time. This happened as often as the lyssa confound you does on human. And I remember charr doing some type of similar greeting randomly as well.

Since it seems to be triggered by other players, la rarely does it, and the new maps pushing to complete meta’s does it a lot.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Tested and “May Lyssa Confound You” heard on other human player characters no where near each other. Tested from one end of LA to another, one used it, other heard it and new exactly when it was used (keep in mind characters do not utter lines on every single use of a skill). Now, this raises an interesting question. Why are people using this skill? Especially in central tyria? Why so many people? -_-

edit: It may depend on gender based on a bit of further testing, but I know both male and female humans have heard it.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, my humans are all shouting “May Lyssa confound you” like crazy people.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As for the original reason for this post, confirmed that it is in fact still occurring, and it is indeed triggered by another character in same map saying something while in stealth.

Andraus.3874

My slyvari do not say “may Lyssa confound you” however they say something about “(pet) come to my aide” when a slyvari ranger is playing with me in pvp and they used downed skill 3. I never play ranger but I also whistle sometimes randomly when a slyvari ranger switches their pet.