Lunatic Inquisition Unreachable Cliff?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bimpnottin.3659

Bimpnottin.3659

In the south corner of Lunatic Inquisition there is a cliff where this person was standing THE WHOLE GAME. He could even hide in the stones itself, so he was bearable visible. You could only see him because he had the ‘target’ sign above his head; his name tag was invisible. Only at the end he jumped down – after he won the game and just a few seconds were left. We couldn’t reach the spot on the cliff, not even with the scarecrow teleport skill.
Is this exploiting or are you really able to reach this cliff (another way around etc)?

EDIT: I now added an arrow pointing to the cliff, since I took the screenshot the moment he jumped off of it.

Attachments:

(edited by Bimpnottin.3659)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll have look again in game but I could have swore you can easily access that part. I saw someone there last night and was able to fear them off.

Edit: Oh. You mean where the guy that is currently showing on your team. If you can target him then spam the mad king emotes. I’ll try to keep a look out for it and see if there’s a better way to damage them.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

There’s at least one place you can walk to that’s not easy to see, esp. if you use the “hide in shadows” skill.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s at least one place you can walk to that’s not easy to see, esp. if you use the “hide in shadows” skill.

That would likely be the NE corner. Only 3 corners are not picked up by the four teleport pads.

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

So is wall hack or ppl are actaly just jump on it.. I see more ppl there and nobody seems to know how to get em.

Posted by: huggles.5271

huggles.5271

Ghosts can dodge jump it.

Posted by: Rutie.3154

Rutie.3154

Hey Folks,

I have to admit, I use this spot too!
More and more people discover it and start using it!!
I don’t consider it an exploit, cheating or anything like that.
It’s easy to reach, once was up there with 4 others.
Even as a ghost it is possible to reach it, just the jump is a bit harder.
For a villager this jump is super easy!
No dodge roll or speed required.

Rutie.3154

I present you the proof!

Attachments:

Posted by: Caladh.7208

Caladh.7208

That place is not Mad King’s Tower – it’s not about jumping skills. That spot should be either easier to access for ghosts (dodge roll jump is a bit much) or completly disabled. Considering the teleport pad villager detection, I’d say the first option would be better.

Rutie.3154

I disagree.
The whole game is already easy for ghost.
This spot is almost the only save one there is for villagers.
And not even completely save!! Its not that hard for ghost to get up there.

Posted by: Pwnflakes.2498

Pwnflakes.2498

This is not an Exploit, there has been many ghosts able to get to that location. It is all about jumping skill. If you are complaining, you have not tried getting up there yourself then. Most villagers can’t even get there cause they have no jump skills.

Posted by: Otheus.3719

Otheus.3719

This is definately not the most broken spot in lunatic inquisition. I have been showing the way to get there during this and last years halloween. It is indeed all about jumping skills. The last time I played it today I got called many things that would be kittened here and the whole arguement was about whether or not this is an exploit. I reported it to Arenanet for two halloweens as well and considering it hasn’t been fixed I doubt they classify it as an exploit.

And as Rutie said. The game is already incredibly favored towards ghosts, and villagers having (three) hard to reach options (SE (this spot), the YouTube video one and another spot in the NE) is not more than fair. As long as all places are able to be reached by ghosts I don’t see a problem.

Also a Dodgejump IS NOT needed to get there as GHOST. I have managed to get up there plenty of times WITHOUT a speedboost as ghost with a regular jump. All it takes is timing and practice.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I disagree.
The whole game is already easy for ghost.
This spot is almost the only save one there is for villagers.
And not even completely save!! Its not that hard for ghost to get up there.

This really shouldn’t be a save. If the game is designed for ghosts, it should be properly balanced, not made with undefeatable mechanics to defeat eachother.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s a spot out of bounds.

They well know that place is unreachable through conventional means, which should simply not be required in an activity map.

They are cheating by exploiting a fault in the design of the map that was not fixed (a few other spots where fixed with invisible walls), and they well know it.

Report those players by taking screenshots and sending them to exploits@anet.com

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Pwnflakes.2498

Pwnflakes.2498

They well know that place is unreachable through conventional means, which should simply not be required in an activity map.

They are cheating by exploiting a fault in the design of the map that was not fixed (a few other spots where fixed with invisible walls), and they well know it.

Report those players by taking screenshots and sending them to exploits@anet.com

The spot is clearly in the Map Area, the darker portion of the Map and Grey being out of bounds. I have take loads of screen shots today of people that know how to play and can actually get to that location with ease. I also find players like yourself who are falsely reporting players because you don’t (A) have the jumping skills in order to reach this place or (B) haven’t even tried and pull out the reporting card for your ignorance.

Better yet, how about we Nerf the Villagers more by not allowing them to move at all, restrict them from picking up items and take away there only ability. That will make the game more fun!
Lets even make the entire game revolve around you and making it so easy to accomplish stuff.

As for reporting other players, you are falsely accusing them and promoting other players to report sounds like it would go against the rules.

In conclusion, learn to play the game or GTFO.

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

Unreachable through conventional means? All you do is kittening jump up there. It’s not like you need to stand on your head, summon the six to bless you with wings and flap your way up there. There’s no fake walls to phase through, no invisible stepping stones to climb up the sides of a wall with, it’s just one timed jump and walaa, you’re safe temporarily. What do you think is going to happen when a ghost gets up there? (and trust me, they can) You’re pretty much screwed, jumping down isn’t going to save you because most of the time there’s a swarm of ghosts out there waiting for you. This is just another spot for villagers to delay the inevitable.

Vrita.7846

The spot is clearly in the Map Area, the darker portion of the Map and Grey being out of bounds. I have take loads of screen shots today of people that know how to play and can actually get to that location with ease. I also find players like yourself who are falsely reporting players because you don’t (A) have the jumping skills in order to reach this place or (B) haven’t even tried and pull out the reporting card for your ignorance.

Better yet, how about we Nerf the Villagers more by not allowing them to move at all, restrict them from picking up items and take away there only ability. That will make the game more fun!
Lets even make the entire game revolve around you and making it so easy to accomplish stuff.

As for reporting other players, you are falsely accusing them and promoting other players to report sounds like it would go against the rules.

In conclusion, learn to play the game or GTFO.

You know what’s funny? I had a few people report me for flying up here, then I made a fool of them by showing them I just jumped up here. Then one of the people that reported me got up there with hardly any effort. Yup, I flew up here. /sarcasm

MithranArkanere.8957

“Out of bounds” doesn’t mean “Outside the map”.

“Out of bounds” means “Outside the parts of the map within which you are intended to be”. People is getting out of bounds in maps all the time.

They removed with invisible walls out of bounds hiding spots that were way, way, WAAAAAY easier to reach. They simply missed this one.

You can save up your lies and excuses. Access to that spot in not intuitively visible. You can’t just jump there like you can jump on a rock. You have to step in particular spots in a particular way, in a particular order.

All activities, ALL are intended for all players, ALL. Both new and old. So any new player should be able to pick up things on the fly. Not having to learn all the intricacies of the map that are not intuitive.

Stop making excuses for what you are completely aware it’s wrong. ANet has proven countless times that they do not buy into the excuses of exploiters trying to excuse their cheating.

And yes, the rifle thing was also a bad idea. It may sond cool, and it’ll be cool for something like a dungeon or explorable area, but not for an activity.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Vrita.7846

“Out of bounds” doesn’t mean “Outside the map”.

“Out of bounds” means “Outside the parts of the map within which you are intended to be”. People is getting out of bounds in maps all the time.

They removed with invisible walls out of bounds hiding spots that were way, way, WAAAAAY easier to reach. They simply missed this one.

You can save up your lies and excuses. Access to that spot in not intuitively visible. You can’t just jump there like you can jump on a rock. You have to step in particular spots in a particular way, in a particular order.

All activities, ALL are intended for all players, ALL. Both new and old. So any new player should be able to pick up things on the fly. Not having to learn all the intricacies of the map that are not intuitive.

Stop making excuses for what you are completely aware it’s wrong. ANet has proven countless times that they do not buy into the excuses of exploiters trying to excuse their cheating.

And yes, the rifle thing was also a bad idea. It may sond cool, and it’ll be cool for something like a dungeon or explorable area, but not for an activity.

It’s not an exploit until Anet says it is. Everyone thought the maize balm rat farm was an exploit which technically it should be, but Anet gave it the A-ok. You treat this spot like it’s some game breaking exploit when in reality it’s not because anyone, including the ghosts can get up there.

MithranArkanere.8957

The Maize Balm was intended, but they fixing the other similar spots in the map says this one isn’t. It’s not a different instance of something. It’s something within the same map that was partially fixed.

They just missed that spot. Gods know how many other spots.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: Beryl.1493

Beryl.1493

I’m done with Lunatic Inquisition for the remainder of Halloween 2014. This particular location has completely ruined it for me.

At the start of every round, villagers flock to this location, passing by secrets that lead to getting the rifle and ignoring the item NPCs to summon feasts and roaming summons. You either join them up there as a villager and wait the full 12 minutes to run out before you get a measly 10 Trick-or-Treat bags and 1/8 towards Lunatic Inquisition Regular achievement, or you run to Mad King Thorn and kill yourself with the help of a courtier or gravity. If you’re quick enough, people are still trying to make the jump and you can guard it. If not? Then you can leave and join another game, not play it at all, or patiently wait it out and hope one of the other courtiers manages to get up there before the timer runs out and the villagers win. What happens if you leave and join another game? You encounter the same cheap tactic, just different people using it.

There are some major underlying problems with Lunatic Inquisition, and ArenaNet needs to show some initiative at resolving them if it is going to return next year. If they do not then I would very much prefer them to retire it altogether and give us back Reaper’s Rumble instead.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While it IS possible for a ghost to get up there (somebody claimed that it’s possible to jump up there normally without a dodge jump, but he didn’t show me how it was done), villagers have a much easier time due to the fact that they have innate faster speed than ghosts and the ability to gain Swiftness via Food.

I do agree that this is likely not an intended spot for villagers to go hide. It requires very precise jumping skills, and Inquisition is not meant to be a jumping mini-game (we have the Clocktower for that).

Inquisition needs an overall balance pass anyway. It’s weighted far too much in the favour of the Courtiers via:

1. Mad King Says spam. Once a Courtier gets within range of you, you’re essentially finished because they will just spam MKS on you over and over until you either die or they catch up and kill you.

2. Courtiers have no real penalty for dying, meaning that villagers have no incentive to band together to defend against Courtiers.

3. People inflate the Courtier’s advantage at the start by intentionally suiciding, giving the ghosts far bigger numbers than they should have at the start.

MithranArkanere.8957

That is completely true.

On top of that, villagers should be able to gather multiple uses of their items instead carrying just one. At least 3 of each, much like how survivors are able to keep several uses of their items in Southsun Survival.

But that’s a different issue, anyways.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: Shinigami.8975

Shinigami.8975

It’s really easy to get there, in fact it’s so easy it even looks like intended map design… That’s why it’s so blurred whereas it’s an exploit or not. For people saying it’s unfair etc. You can go there both as villagers and ghosts. Even as it is now, it doesn’t imply a 100% win chance for the guy there. Simply equip a Birthday blaster and the 2 sec swiftness is enough for a ghost to get there and destroy the poor guy hiding.

That whole minigame is imbalance and i don’t think you should care so much about it to the point that you report people doing this. They don’t get more loot than you, they don’t have an advantage over you etc… So just chill out and send report but stop shaming people using it because pressing on your space bar should never be considered “exploiting”. It’s totally Anet fault for not designing this map better. And people should not get banned for pressing their spacebar to jump to a place that look totally legit in a game of hide and seek… come on.

(edited by Shinigami.8975)

MithranArkanere.8957

No. It’s not easy. If it was easy nobody would have ever complained about it. And unlike a jumping puzzle, nobody was meant to get there, or the way to get there would have been way more obvious, so obvious anybody would be able to get there just by pressing space, which they don’t.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

If it’s so “easy” and “non-exploitive” why isn’t there a single post here detailing exactly how to do it?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Vrita.7846

Here you go guys, more proof that ghosts can indeed get on top of the cliff.

Here’s another picture without the swiftness buff.

Attachments:

(edited by Vrita.7846)

Zaxares.5419

Equipping a Birthday Blaster isn’t a solution either, because that means only characters who are two years old have the improved chances of getting up there. Again, it’s an unfair advantage only a few players have.

Anyway, as asked by DarkWasp, I’ll explain how I got up there using a dodge jump (again, people claim it can be done with normal jumps, but I have never managed this myself even as a villager, and nobody’s shown me how).

1. Stand on top of the rubble pile next to the broken wall. There is one particular brick that’s sticking up vertically that serves roughly as a marker for the start point.

2. From there, aim towards the broken end of the wall, and do a dodge jump. If done correctly, you’ll end up on top of the end of the wall.

3. Run back towards the cliff and jump up onto the normally unreachable ledge.

The dodge jump method can be done by both ghosts and villagers, and as far as I know, because you travel the same distance forward with a dodge as either, it’s equally as easy (hard?) for both. It will likely take you many attempts until you know from experience the exact location to aim for, however.

DarkWasp.7291

^ I’ve been trying that. No success yet.

If I do make it as a villager, I definitely won’t be staying up there though. I only have interest in countering it.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I admit to using this spot when someone else showed me how to get up there. If I spawn near SW corner then yes, I generally try to hide there. Villagers can get up there quite easily if you’ve done it many times and know how/where to jump from. My personal experience with it has led me to use the following method as it is most successful: standing on the top-most rubble jutting out I jump out but quick as lightning turn my character around mid-air so that I land facing the cliff. It’s a bit like getting up on that platform everyone so swiftly flocks to during the Fire Elemental boss fight.

From personal experience, being the victim of dying to ghost(s) up there, yes – ghosts can get up there. I myself have not been able to jump up there as a ghost but I’ve witnessed and seen others do it either by knowledge or simply getting lucky on a jump/dodge-roll-jump.

People claim this spot is out of bounds/un-reachable.. If it’s that hard then great praise goes to the asura Mesmer I noticed hiding ON TOP of the massive cliff at NE corner one night. (The place where people hide behind NE cliff ledge). At the time I was hiding on the top-most branch of the tree at NE ledge, went to look down if any friendlies were hiding behind the ledge yet to my surprise this guy somehow was perched on the cliff.. Could only see half of him but was still able to click on him. From what I recall that game I noticed someone jumping from the other tree at NE, onto the white rubble building and then jump-dodge-rolling somewhere towards the cliffs… How he got up there is absolutely beyond me and I tried to do the same thing only to be greeted by invisible barriers on basically every cliff-face.

Anyway, just about everyone and their mum’s brown dog knows about that hiding spot and if not, they soon will.

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s no excuse to keep it that way for the net time.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

That’s no excuse to keep it that way for the net time.

And there’s no excuse for leaving it that way this time, and no excuse for it not being fixed a year ago, and no excuse for it not being fixed two years ago. Nor is there any excuse for all of the other balance problems and broken content just within that activity. It should have been handled a long time ago, but ANet chooses to leave it this way.

Fun fact: the wall is higher in the Labyrinth version of the map, making this jump, I suspect, impossible there. They couldn’t take two more minutes though to think about porting that change into LI because ANet DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ACTIVITIES.

LI is the worst minigame they’ve ever made (it’s even worse than Crab Toss, that is an achievement), there’s really no reasonable way to come out ahead as a villager, and the incentive for doing so is nonexistent. You can patch the activity all you want, but even in its finest form, it probably won’t be any better than Southsun Survival is now, and that game is still pretty poor.

Hopping on the wall in LI is not an exploit. It is a creative, player-driven solution to fixing the game-breaking level of balance and polish that ANet has chosen to leave it with and will further choose not to do anything about.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Posted by: magaiti.5164

magaiti.5164

I think the problem is not ghost/villager unbalance, but the combination of 2 factors: rewards being substantially higher for the last villager AND alive villagers making game last longer.
Both villagers and ghosts have their ways of earning points, which mostly involve sides interaction, and thats great design. But it goes out with the bath water because for some reason the reward is based not on points but on alive/ghost state by the end of match.

DarkWasp.7291

I like the design of the game itself. I guess technically it’s my favorite activity.

I think the important part is that both sides are fun to play. Sure it could use some balancing, but at the least, being a ghost in Inquisition is way more fun than being a ghost in Southsun Survival.

I miss it. I can’t play that way anymore though. Now it’s all about that SE corner, every time.

Posted by: Otheus.3719

Otheus.3719

The NE corner Zephyra mentions is definately an exploit. I managed to get on top of that mountain myself as a villager but it’s 100% unreachable by ghosts. Villagers require food or a birthday blaster to get on top of that wall. (I went off instantly after I got there though I am merely a mountain goat )

Arenanet should add an invisible wall all around the NE corner.

The specific place they need to fix I can tell them through a PM or w.e because I don’t want to disclose the method of getting to the NE spot to avoid further abuse.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

…You can save up your lies and excuses. Access to that spot in not intuitively visible. You can’t just jump there like you can jump on a rock. You have to step in particular spots in a particular way, in a particular order.

All activities, ALL are intended for all players, ALL. Both new and old. So any new player should be able to pick up things on the fly. Not having to learn all the intricacies of the map that are not intuitive…

The jumping puzzles are a lie.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Vaynard.3214

Vaynard.3214

I managed to get up there as a ghost, so it is possible to do. Have to hit the right spot, and you need the swiftness buff from killing a villager to make it. IMO not an exploit but should probably be adjusted.

PS Yes I did kill him after he ripper’d me twice

Attachments:

Posted by: Moonfae.2634

Moonfae.2634

And I’ve gotten up there a a ghost without speed boosts .

Zaxares.5419

I managed to get up there as a ghost, so it is possible to do. Have to hit the right spot, and you need the swiftness buff from killing a villager to make it. IMO not an exploit but should probably be adjusted.

PS Yes I did kill him after he ripper’d me twice

I just MKS them before engaging. MKS forces them to drop any item they’re holding. Sorry, last survivor. That chainsaw’s not gonna help you!

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Remove (access to) this kittenING stupid spot from the map; IDC if you can apparently dodge jump to it, it’s a stupid convoluted, contrived way of elongating rounds. Besides, while of course SAB is totally unrelated, didn’t you guys say in relation to some SAB content in the past that you didn’t want to design things such that dodge jumping was a requirement, although it could still help in some cases?