Lunatic Inquisition - map abuse

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: magaiti.5164

magaiti.5164

[Redacted] is somehow hiding in the seemingly inaccessible part of the map, on the plateau in the lower right corner. So the ghost team always loses

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

You are not allowed to mention another person information. If a person is abusing a flaw in the game, hacking, spammming etc he or she should be reported. Name shaming is NOT appreciated.

There have been threads about the “inaccessible” cliff on the map and i am sure AN is working on it or at least have taken note, there is no need for name-shaming a person which is also against forum rules.

(edited by GscGunner.2419)

magaiti.5164

actually, forget about the account name, lots of people are doing this.
I have myself found the way to do it – villagers can jump there from a certain point, while ghosts seem to be unable to do so, because of slower movement speed.

magaiti.5164

Ok, I’m sorry. Just got mad at that point.
How do you report a person for unfair play? When you right-click on someone’s portrait, and select “report”, there is a drop-down list where you have to pick a reason. There are reasons such as scamming or botting, but nothing like “abusing maps” or “unfair play” or what this should be called.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If you believe someone is using exploits or something, or you have found some type of exploit you also can report it through email to exploits@arena.net.

magaiti.5164

Thanks for the info.
I have found that is is possible to jump there as a ghost, though it is much harder.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

you are welcome About it being exploit or what not or if only a side can reach it or not, there have been a discussion about that in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Lunatic-Inquisition-Unreachable-Cliff/ No official word if it’s an exploit or not though.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

The game is already stacked heavily in favour of the ghost courtiers. The only realistic way for villagers to win is through finding good hiding places. I’m not sure this could really be considered an exploit, any more than any other tactic – if you find a good hiding place, and no courtiers find you and so you win, that is not an exploit.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I might normally agree with you, but not in this instance. The ghosts should have some way of getting to the players, regardless of where they are. There are plenty of good hiding places that afford a fair chance already (some players are even using emotes to further obscure themselves). Hopping onto a rock where you can’t be touched except by extraordinary means is not only unfair, it’s the most boring way to win as you stand around waiting for the timer to run down.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Just so you all know now, the players being able to use pvp skills on either side is fixed. You die instantly with no cause if you have pvp skills still and become a ghost with the default ghost skills.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I hope they fix this ASAP. Exploiters are completely ruining Lunatic Inquisition.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Also read my related post on a new bug that needs to be fixed asap.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Lunatic-Inquisition-movement-tele-bug/first#post4519372

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I might normally agree with you, but not in this instance. The ghosts should have some way of getting to the players, regardless of where they are. There are plenty of good hiding places that afford a fair chance already (some players are even using emotes to further obscure themselves). Hopping onto a rock where you can’t be touched except by extraordinary means is not only unfair, it’s the most boring way to win as you stand around waiting for the timer to run down.

Actually, using emotes is a BAD idea in the Inquisition. The game broadcasts the emote when someone comes within range (e.g. “Mr X sits.”), which alerts ghosts to the fact that somebody is emoting. Since ghosts will likely be running around, any player emoting is likely to be a villager. (And you can double check the party bar since allied players will show up there. If Mr X is not showing up on the party bar, he’s a villager.)

Anyway, I agree that that particular platform is an exploit. It’s not even a hiding spot; ghosts can easily see any player standing on top of it. It’s benefit only derives from the fact that the vast majority of players cannot get up there.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

I fail to see what’s wrong about naming and shaming, if anything the namer is doing good service, there’s tons of abuse in this game. I hit the report button very often but I wonder if these fall on deaf ears. I’ve wasted enough time in games where it was the norm to cheat, bot, exploit, power level and those that didn’t were treated as outcasts, perhaps naive but I expect better in this game, that for the most part is safeguarded from such behaviour. However…..

PvP since the dungeon track was implemented are overtly rank farms, even the server names are called rank farms! Minigames have always been abused as long as I’ve been playing, last year it was dragon ball where many were afk and still were rewarded. That issue’s no more thanks to the inactivity boot but why on earth does it apply to sanctum sprint after someone’s crossed the finish line?!

Regarding this game, I’ve been in games where players put on commander tags so everyone sacrifices themselves early for games to end asap. Now sadly Anet is at fault here for not giving any real incentives for winning the game. Uneven teams should also be removed as too often people abuse the auto balance system to get the volunteer bonus…