Lvl 80: Story Journal doesn't reflect PS

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

My level 80 was at the “Ossiary of Unquiet Dead” episode of her Personal Story when the patch hit (although her active Story was Living Word Season 2, Gates of Maguuma, “Tracking the Master of Peace”).

Her Story Journal for her Personal Story now ends in section 7 (Forming the Pact). The only episodes it shows are “Forging the Pact”, “The Battle of Fort Trinity” and “Delivering Justice” (all of which she’s already completed – and there’s no sign of the predecessors to “Delivering Justice”, either, come to that).

I took her (successfully) through “Ossiary of Unquiet Dead” in hopes it would sort things out, and she’s now showing “Further Into Orr” in the top right of the screen, but her Story Journal hasn’t changed. Swapping in and out of the Living World Story makes no difference.

Posted by: JackedNights.4952

JackedNights.4952

I have a similar problem. before the patch I had a lvl 80 who was in the middle of the invading orr personal stories. After finishing that part of the story, after the feature pack 2 update when into effect, it was suppose to continue with the cleanse of orr chapters. Instead it completely skipped over that part and when strait to “Kill Zhaitan”

I was really confuse, but thought that the story order was rearranged, and continued doing the the city of arah story to kill Zhaitan. Only that just completed my personal story, and went right into living world season 2. And now when I look at my story journal it just shows chapters 1 – 7. forming of the pack and nothing about chapter 8.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Posted by: JackedNights.4952

JackedNights.4952

Wow this really screws things up for players, no wonder people are so unhappy about the story changes.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Personal Story steps were rearranged, as well the way as you unlock them …

Yes, I realise that. But I’m level 80, so (a) all of the Personal Story steps should in principle now be unlocked, and (b) however things have been rearranged, if things are working correctly, my Story Journal ought to be reflecting my current personal Story step. In particular, checking on a character who’s completed the sequence (apart form the final confrontation with Zhaitan), it looks like I should be seeing “Against the Corruption” as my next story step.

Now – it’s possible that the dev’s have decided that people who are already past the PS episode 8 stuff will carry on on the old story sequence until they get to (or maybe complete) “Against The Corruption”. Or something else similar to that. In that case, it would be nice to be told. But then, that’s wishful thinking – ANet haven’t been exactly brilliant at letting us know the fine-detail impacts of this patch (and, for the record, that’s the opinion of an ex-software developer).

But either way, it doesn’t explain why I’m seeing the last episode, and only the last episode, of the mini-chain triggered from my response to the Pale Tree at the end of “A Light in the Darkness”. Either the chains have been removed (in which case I shouldn’t be seeing it at all) or they haven’t (in which case previous episodes are missing.

Edit: Having now pushed my character’s storyline forward to the point at which I would previously have been seeing “Against the Corruption” and its selectable sequel, then “The Source of Orr” – the story I have in the top-right corner is showing as “Victory or Death”. Which means I’ve been skipped past those three important story steps completely (and deprived of any new rewards they may have, to boot – and some of the new high-end story-step rewards have been quite decent – I’ve equipped a couple, and got skin unlocks from the others). Which is, to put it mildly, VERY annoying. To say nothing of completely breaking the story flow for anyone who’s at the same position with their first character! (Even more annoying as I have several more characters at more or less the same point in their stories, but I’m probably unusual in that respect.)

Oh, and my Story Journal’s still stuck right where it was.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)