MAC Client: Unable to access GemStore

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Hi,

I play on a MAC and whenever i try and enter GEM Store tab (regular TP works fine), 90% of the time it freezes with the whirling circle continuing to spin. I have raised over a dozen tickets in the last year and i have never recieved a reply from customer support. I have sent screenshots with every ticket.

The only reason i never posted on here before is because occasionally it will work and i will hurry and buy what i wanted to buy and then it wouldnt work again for weeks after.

Please can someone look into why this is happening.

P.S ive tried deleting cache and redownloading the game but no luck.

Thanks

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Spartacus.3192

Can anyone from ANET help me with this pls? I sent multiple tickets and never get a reply.

Thanks

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Are you sending in bug tickets or customer service tickets? I will give it a shot and see what I come up with.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Thanks for your response Ester, it’s been like that on the Mac client for 4 years now, would be fantastic if someone actually looked at it.

There’s a trick you can use to get it to load eventually – open it up, let it sit there and let the whirling circle spin for a minute – close it down while making sure your mouse pointer is over the Promotions tab. Open it again and press the mouse button on that Promotions tab at the exact right time when the gemstore “blinks” (you know what I mean if you’re on a Mac – it’s like it’s loading the whole thing twice), and make sure you only click once, and it might load. If not, repeat until it does.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Oh I forgot, if you don’t get the whirling circle spin and it’s just black, since that happens most of the time, close it down and open it up again until you do get the whirling circle spin.

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

I"ll be honest, most of our focus when it comes to the Mac is on the new Mac client, which is coming along! I will give this a try and write up a bug, but I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up for a timely fix, the timely fix may just be when the new client is finished.

If nothing else I will make sure this works in the new client, I get to start testing it soon™.

Posted by: Regev.6971

Regev.6971

Any estimate when that fresh new client is up for beta?

Spartacus.3192

Thanks Ester and Darksome

Ester i raised a support tick with subject Gemstore from the drop down menu and added a screenshot. Ive raised many tickets in the past year and never got a response.

Ive missed out on some deals that were only available for a few days because i couldnt get into gemstore tab.

Do you know when the new client will be available? Will it be native instead of that wrapper that makes everything half speed compared to Windows?

Thanks

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

It will be native and no we don’t have a release date yet. I work closely with the team that is developing it and they are working really hard, but it’s not a trivial project.

I promise as soon as we have something concrete you guys will know. We know it’s frustrating and we’re working really hard to make it right, not just better.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Ester, I cannot tell you how encouraging it is to hear that you all are developing a native client! We are excited about being able to see and experience Tyria in the full beauty of the game you all have built without having to throttle our graphics just to keep the game from crashing.

Thank you all so much for this! We look forward to when you will be able to open the client up for beta.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Spartacus.3192

wow native will be great. As Moira said ive had to play on really low settings just to get an acceptable framerate. A native client should almost double our FPS.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Thanks Ester, great to hear some news. I still have not been able to do some of the HOT metas because if there are enough people there for it to complete the client will crash (almost tempted to do it in a virtual win10 machine so I can use 64 bit).

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Im just glad there is a Mac client and I say that because my friend has a mac so her options of games is limited. So just thought I would toss a thanks for making a MAC client even a thing.

Posted by: axolotl.6435

axolotl.6435

I just learned of this 5 seconds ago. I would be nice if a search in forums for “mac” had actual results. If i search “mac” after i post this, this post will be the only result. /rant

This is really great news about a native mac client. Not having to reboot in Windows to avoid crashing every hour on the hour would be amazing.

(edited by axolotl.6435)