Mail Problems

Mail Problems

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ignis Ventus.7021

Ignis Ventus.7021

Q:

I and a few friends are experiencing a bug where I or my friend try to send mail, it sends but it is not received by anyone I mail it to, possible bug???? Either way I cant send mail and it’s a big thing for me, would appreciate a fix.

Mail Problems

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Most of the time, the issue is that the mailbox is full. If it has too many messages, it will put new mail on hold until it’s cleared out. Clear out all the mailboxes involved.

Mail Problems

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

I am having this issue as well.
The party(s) involved were requesting mail be sent, in two instances to help with Hint Completion, and one instance I mailed a gift to them.
My exact issue is this:
I right click some one’s name in M Chat. My Mailbox opens, but does not automatically have a message waiting to be composed to the person (as would be if the person was in my party, and I right clicked their name and chose ‘Send Mail’). When I chose the ‘Compose’ option, and type in the player name (as is listed exactly in M Chat) and send the mail, complete with Subject Line and Body (and in one case an item) and click Send- I get a confirmation window pop-up that states my message has been sent successfully.
The recipient does not receive it. In all three cases, the mail did not ever reach the intended target. After whispers, I have confirmed their mailbox was not full at the time I sent my mail. Also, the time I sent the gift, it still has not ever pinged the mailbox (5days now, it’s just ether >< ).
So… Why can I not mail others, and why even if I type in their name are my mail messages still not finding their destination?
If the destination is on my Friends List- my mail will find it’s home. But only if.
It is not a matter of full inboxes.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Mail Problems

Posted by: Aether.7250

Aether.7250

I have had this same issue occur within the last 24 hours. I am sure that I mailed two messages to the same player, both with items attached. The other player only received the SECOND message, not the first. It has been more than 12 hours and he has still not received the first message.

I did contact support and they have told me that on my account logs it only shows that I sent out ONE message. However, I definitely received confirmation that I sent mail TWICE in game. I am very sure on this. The items lost were quite valuable (I was crafting another player a full set of Sentinel’s Draconic gear, I sent the set in two separate mail messages).

Support has stated that they can not return the items to me because the mail system “is functioning properly”, however, if more than one person is having these types of issues, I believe this should be investigated. I would like my items returned to me if possible, but more importantly, the issue should be fixed if there is an issue.

[PYRO] – Maguuma
Sebastian Vettel – Wa (M) / Mylenne – Ra
Lux Crownguard – Me / Phalanx – Gu

Mail Problems

tovadaun.6304

Yes, I agree.
What irritates me within the mail system, is the availability of 5 slots for items, and armor sets that take up 6. Therefore either 5 pieces or minimum one piece of armor will be lost. If it’s the 5… that can be insanely expensive.
I hope they do actually fix this. If this is ‘working as intended’ then I’d like a more accurate confirmation message something along the lines of ‘Your message may have taken a detour and gotten lost. Please play again.’

Mail Problems

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

You guys have to remember 1 thing about “full mailbox” issues and not receiving new mails. In-game mails from Anet (not hearts, explore, personal story, or new dungeon emails, they don’t count) count toward the quota and don’t always show up as counted in the 10/10. For example, if someone got a free gift from Anet ever or purchased a free item from the gem store, like the gw2 hat that was available after launch, but never took them from their inbox, this item counts towards their quota, but never got counted.

The solution is to just delete ALL EMAIL, (especially any that have an envelope icon, as opposed to a heart or green star) so their mailbox is empty. Typically queued emails will start to show up as those 10 mails are deleted.

This happened to me, I had 3/10 but wasn’t getting any mails from anyone. Even money and items sent weren’t showing up until I deleted several emails that didn’t look like they’d count toward that quota, including gem store purchases and free gifts. Suddenly, I had about 30 emails queued that started coming in as I deleted each one.

Mail Problems

tovadaun.6304

Yes. I understand this. And when all mail, including Hearts and Stars and Envelopes are deleted, and nothing remains in the box, and other PCs are sending mail that most definitely does show up in their mailbox…
That tells me it’s an issue.
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I know that the ‘mailbox full’ fix and it’s requirements to be met exists. No, that is and was not the issue at the time any of the three mail I sent out failed to reach their intended destination.
As I did state, in two cases, there we PCs looking for the Hint Completion for Mail. Over time, they did indeed get their quota. My mail, addressed directly to them, and then whispered to ask if they had received it, and they had not- continued to receive and then complete the Hint within about 10minutes.
Also, if that were indeed the case, if after all the mail in the inbox I sent the stuff to (15 ectos) was deleted (and they did) that would say that it would’ve arrived. It has been 5days now. The ectos are poof gone- Still.