MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Hey,

the CD is heavily increased after the patch and the patch notes themselves don’t say it is intended to do so.

Why do all my traps have now a CD of 30 (traited: 25) seconds?? O.o

I traited into the traps and my description says on flame trap “12 seconds cd” and on spike trap “20 seconds cd”. But they both have after activation a 25 seconds cd…

This is a massive bug and you should fix this ASAP because it is indeed game breaking.

Otherwise, if that is intended to work in this way, inform the players!!!

Thanks for your efforts.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: GreenBook.1692

GreenBook.1692

I can confirm as well. My flame trap is only supposed to have a 12 second recharge, but it has 30. All the other traps are the same way with a 30 second cooldown.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Cain.1278

Cain.1278

Confirmed. If this is a bug, its probably the worst time to hit the ranger community with it. If this isn’t a bug, you’ve just lost a lot of rangers.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: supeg.1295

supeg.1295

I can confirm too I was flame trap.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

- With no trap traits slotted, it’s 30 seconds.

- With Trap Potency slotted, which is supposed to reduce the CD by 20%, it’s still 30 seconds.

- With Trapper’s Expertise slotted, which adds ground targeting but makes no mention of CD reduction, the CD is reduced to 24 seconds.

So the overall CD has been increased, the CD reduction is responding to the wrong trait, and the tooltips don’t match reality in either case. Three bugs in one!

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

One of the less incompetent ranger builds was condition trapper. Now with the 30s / 24s (traited) cool down on ranger traps, it is officially the most incompetent profession ever!

We thought our traps made a little tiny contribution to our team in dungeons, but now, even that ridiculous imaginary control role is also gone. I have no words for the disappointment all rangers feel right now.

Is this permanent or just a bug? please comment!

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Hey all, we are aware of the bug with Ranger traps. A fix is slated for to take care of this tonight.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Sweet, thank you for letting us know.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Navi.7142

Thank you so much! :-)

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Thanks for the fast reply!

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Hey all, we are aware of the bug with Ranger traps. A fix is slated for to take care of this tonight.

The five of us that are left as ranger thank you.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Irie.7149

Irie.7149

Is the fix to fix the bugs with the trap traits, or to fix the actual cooldowns? Were the cooldowns even a bug or were they intended?

Question I really want to ask about the traps is… what exactly will the bug fix be?
1. The bug was actually the cooldown, and fix will restore it back to normal?
2. Are the cooldowns actually intended to be longer, but they bugged up the two trap traits so the bug fix will so that Trap Potency and Trapper’s Expertise will work as intended? i.e. still longer cooldowns…

Edited to make my thoughts clearer?

(edited by Irie.7149)

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Navi.7142

Yeah, will you just fix the description, because it works like intended, but is not described correctly, or is it a bug that came unintentionally with the last patch and the traps should work like they did before?

The first case will make a lot of ranger players angry and quit the game, the second one would be acceptable with a nice apology for messing up with the game and the players!

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Thank you, Mark for the update. Hopefully the longer cool downs were the bug and they will be shortened to what they should be. I’m hoping it wasn’t just the tooltips being wrong. From having just spent some time in the Ranger forum, there’s definitely a lot of angst over there.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: LaughingLoser.9806

LaughingLoser.9806

Sweet, this was killing me

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

I hope bug is in outdated descriptions and not in CDs. =)

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Navi.7142

Thanks a lot for this really quick fix! Look how happy (yeah! she is not very good in showing her happiness, but she is!!) my female ranger is!! =)

PLEASE address the mesmer bug (beserker doing less damage; los is buggy, etc.) in the same way, because my mesmer has a really hard time to understand what you did to her.

<3

Attachments:

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Stratigo.1976

Stratigo.1976

What about the damage nerf to iberzerkers?

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Navi.7142

We are gathering the mesmer bug collection here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first#post752978

It is not finished, but MAYBE a dev wants to have a look..

:-)

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Posted by: Stratigo.1976

Stratigo.1976

We are gathering the mesmer bug collection here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Overview-of-mesmer-bugs-after-patch/first#post752978

It is not finished, but MAYBE a dev wants to have a look..

:-)

to be fair, some of those are probably not bugs. The iberzerker thing IS a bug, and a very serious one considering how it ruins the utility of a GS.

MASSIVE Ranger trap BUG

Navi.7142

Yeah, but it is also not mentioned that they are intended to work so, that’s way they are considered as a bug until they confirm if they are a bug or not.
They do not work like they did before the patch came, so how shall we know (without patch notes, dev confirmation, whatever) if they are buggy or not??