MF items NOT account bound but soulbound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RNKot.3956

RNKot.3956

Patch notes say’s:

“Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo.”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-3-2013

Stats must be changed, but items are not account bound.
Items are still soulbound.
Bug or undocumented feature?

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Its because your MF gear has upgrades (runes, sigils, etc). But thats not right anyway.

sorry for my poor english

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

MF items not Account Bound!

The only upside to this change I could see was that MF Armor and Weapons could at least be moved to other characters, instead of being wasted duplicates of existing combat armor and weapons.

Get this fixed please! If this is WAI then it is a MAJOR FAIL, and the Magic Find removal process goes from unfortunate but necessary, to TRAIN WRECK status as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Ya know, in other games when something has changed in gear or upgrades (Like cards in RO) devs just extract upgrades and send them on mail.

The only thing that makes exMF gear soulbound instead of account bound is upgrades.

Honestly, for me I will be happy even if upgrades would be destroyed so gear could be account bound.

But seriously just making all this gear account bound wont cause any trouble or exploit, even with transmutations and upgrades.

sorry for my poor english

(edited by XenusTEHG.1965)

Posted by: TwistedKaos.7516

TwistedKaos.7516

I to am having this, all my ascended MF accessory’s I had on my farming toon are still soul bound. I even removed all these items to my bank in anticipation to transfer them to another character once they became account bound as Anet stated they would

Twisted Images | Mesmer | Team Smooth
http://www.twitch.tv/twistedximages – Stream
http://teamsmooth.shivtr.com – Team Website

Posted by: eLement.4785

eLement.4785

Same here, my MF gear (trasmuted, maybe this is the cause? ) didnt change from soulbound to account bound.

Posted by: Shoogar.6430

Shoogar.6430

Same situation here.

I think it’s really unfair if the reason my armour is still soulbound is the fact that it has upgrades applied, given that (as far as I know) it is impossible to remove upgrades. I would rather the upgrades be destroyed and the armour become account bound than have this now useless second set of armour.

Posted by: eLement.4785

eLement.4785

Same situation here.

I think it’s really unfair if the reason my armour is still soulbound is the fact that it has upgrades applied, given that (as far as I know) it is impossible to remove upgrades. I would rather the upgrades be destroyed and the armour become account bound than have this now useless second set of armour.

This cant be the case, since my armour had no upgrades applied.

Posted by: RNKot.3956

RNKot.3956

By "upgrades " you mean runes in armor, sigils in weapons, juwels in trinket?

Posted by: Minto.9201

Minto.9201

Same problem. I changed stats on my alt’s gear in order to move it to my main. I was shocked when I saw it is still SOULBOUND! Please Anet fix it

Jedz jogurty i pij mleko <3
Jade Quarry’s Next Top Dolly
Stealundkill | Dollylicious | Ciocia Nitka

Posted by: Taniniver BlindDragon.9503

Taniniver BlindDragon.9503

Another “same here” vote. Yakkington’s Ring, Snaff’s Gyre, and The Golden Lotus (with 20% Magic Find infusion) are all soulbound not account bound. In case it matters, the rings had no infusions in them anyway, and were NOT equipped at the time of the update.

Please fix it, I want to use them on another character!

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

Thanks for the reply Josh, but with respect that certainly isn’t what I would expect reading the patch notes, and I don’t think I’m alone in that.

“Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.”

How could new “Newly obtained magic find gear” be Account-Bound on Acquire, if we can’t newly obtain any anymore?

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I changed my post to clear up the ‘clearing up’. Miscommunication on my part.

EDIT: Nvm, they were mistaken. All are soulbound.

(edited by Taniniver BlindDragon.9503)

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

John Smith: “Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

You told us it was going to work like this. Now you have a lot of players that got the short end of the stick because of your communication errors. You have one VERY angry paying customer right here. Fix it now please.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Posted by: Margot.6541

Margot.6541

I also thought that all my magic find gear would become account-bound. I really thought that that was the solution to appease those of us who used alot of T6 crafting materials and/or spent a lot of money to buy an exotic magic find set to wear. Now I have 2 exotic armor sets for the same character when I already had the one with the stats I wanted.

I love Guild Wars, and I think it is great that the developers are always trying to improve the game. In general, I really appreciate the changes in this patch. However, I agree with some others that the language used to hype this patch made it sound like we could use that magic find gear for a different character with new stats. I would love to see a different resolution to this issue if it is at all possible.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

So now I have basically useless ascended accessories/amulets which I paid laurels and guild commendations to get, because I already have accessories I want for pve on my main, great, why not just make everything account bound, soulbound on equiptment?

Posted by: TwistedKaos.7516

TwistedKaos.7516

This is so jacked up now I have an inventory or useless Ascended MF accessory’s I paid laurels and commendations for. Took months to get all that stuff on my magic find farming character. Great communication there Anet!

Twisted Images | Mesmer | Team Smooth
http://www.twitch.tv/twistedximages – Stream
http://teamsmooth.shivtr.com – Team Website

Posted by: Gorgrom.1452

Gorgrom.1452

Well that is helpful to know now after I selected the stats with the intention of banking and giving it to my char warrior later on. Now I am stuck with 2 beserker sets nice..

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This is ludicrous.

If this is true, then it doesn’t address the issue of people who previously had MF gear at all.

So, if you previously were using MF gear you will get absolutely no form of compensation. It will not even become account bound so you can transfer the extra armor to an alt?

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Wow, Anet. You led us to believe that our MF gear would become account bound so we’d at least have the option of repurposing our MF gear, and now you tell us that nope, that wasn’t the case? I’m sorry, but that is awfully shortsighted of you. You had a certain segment (players who really didn’t need another set of gear for any character) already angry about the change, and now you’re antagonizing all the players who were at least okay with repurposing the gear for a different character, and all for what? Good job.

Posted by: erstag.1809

erstag.1809

I have 2 issues with the magic find update:
- MF runes and sigils were swapped to different ones that are no use for my char. I understand that we aren’t given the possibility to choose which ones we’d like instead but maybe we could have been given the choice to remove these upgrades from their slots.
- Ascended trinkets being soulbound. They are now wasted on my alternative MF char, I don’t see what the problem is in making them account bound or by simply refunding the laurels they cost.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.

Even the items that were not soul bound prior to the update, when you assign the stats, they are now soulbound too. How did you miss communicating that?

Posted by: Gorgrom.1452

Gorgrom.1452

I actually made the armor knowing it would change but the way things were worded I was under the impression we would be able to re purpose it later on for any character on our account when they said ACCOUNT BOUND… oh well black lion trading kit it is….

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Since all weapons, armor, and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, any of these items currently on the Trading Post will be return to the poster. The only exceptions to this rule are in some high-end weapons that will still get the ability to select their stats, but will remain tradable.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

I’m really not sure how we the players ‘misinterpreted’ this one.

Sure seems to me that any gear with MF should have been flagged as account bound after the patch.

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

Same here, moreover my MF set was my secondary set…
I really don’t need another armor set since the primary is good enough, what should I do with it?
Last, but not least, there were PLENTY of people in the forum talking about this matter and was clear we all understood that EVERYTHING would have become account bound, why no one clarified this mess before the update?

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

At least let me salvage my ascended trinkets, so I don’t have to sell them to the merchant…

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

MAKE THEM ACCOUNT BOUND PLEASE – LIKE WHAT YOU SAID IN YOUR PATCH NOTES….YEP THAT WILL DO IT.

THANK YOU.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yup, this is very unfair. ArenaNet said they would become account bound, and they didn’t.

Serenity.6149

Amusingly, I actually thought there would be a screw-up so that any gear that was equipped at the time of post-patch login would become soulbound right away, but I never foresaw that you guys would post one thing and (intentionally) do another.

From John Smith’s blog post:

“Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.”

From Martin Kerstein’s thread post:

“Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item."

From Colin Johanson’s blog post:

“Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.”

Have us covered? As little disruption as possible? Your implementation seems to only compensate the very small minority of players who had MF gear but didn’t have a non-MF set complete. Everyone else got screwed. It’s sad that your implementation actually benefited people looking to save money on Berserker sets way more than those who were affected by the MF removal.

I think it’s time to stop boasting about how often the game is updated (especially when it’s only the Living Story aspect, not the core game, while bugs go ignored for an entire year), and start spending that money hiring devs or managers with actual attention to detail, who actually think “while this is a great idea, we need to be wary of such and such pitfalls,” and who don’t ignore the issues until it’s critical (read: sufficient negative blowback).

(edited by Serenity.6149)

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

Just wasted some Transmutation crystals from gem store because of that. gj

Posted by: Graka.9457

Graka.9457

This is in my opinion, not just a bungling but in some ways deeply disrespectful. The information you gave ahead of time made it sound like we would be able to transfer these magic find items to other characters, and now your basically saying Well we meant MF gear that wasnt already soulbound….. well if it wasnt already soulbound why even bring up the issue in the first place? This is beyond ridiculous and now i have both armors, ascended rings, amulets and accessories that are worthless.

I don’t need two sets of armor, the only reason I had them before was for MF. This really needs to be rectified, and if its true about he upgrades being the problem, THEN REMOVE THE UPGRADES. I would rather have an account bound ascended item or armor that i could transfer, then worrying about the kitten upgrade. This is making me feel that you did not plan this out as far ahead as you lead us to believe, and also leaves a foul taste in my mouth of efforts like this you may attempt in the future. I hope that you will take into consideration the amount of people you have affected with this change and rectify it so that we may put our items where they are needed, and not just sitting useless.

Edit: And not to be rude Josh, but your post comes across as a big middle finger without any actual accepting of responsibility or plan to help those that were affected by this change and LIED to about the changes. It doesn’t clear things up, it basically says, yah we lied, too bad, cry about it.

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

(edited by Graka.9457)

Posted by: Nonvo.3429

Nonvo.3429

So i had an item thats not been used before but in my inventory, changed the stat and it became soulbound. I was planning to use it in a different char.

Serenity.6149

So i had an item thats not been used before but in my inventory, changed the stat and it became soulbound. I was planning to use it in a different char.

Yeah, you have to be careful with that. It does, however, warn you before you do it though. =/

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

I wasn’t to happy about the fact that they would remove the mf-gear.. What was I suppose to do with it then? I allready had another gear-set without mf.. Then I read this: “Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.” I thought, cool – then I can give gear to other chars that might need it. Oh boy, was I wrong.. I loged in with one of my chars with mf gear, and in my bag I saw that the item was soulbound.. Now, that to me was a bit wierd, cause they had stated that it would become account-bound.. Oh well, maybe if I set the stats to it, then it will become account-bound.. Guess what.. You’re right, it didn’t..

I went in here on the forum, and looked around to see if anyone else had that problem to. Cause according to the patch-notes, it was to become account-bound.. And when I then read in this thread that it wasn’t the case.. I mean.. Do those who write the patch-notes even read it over before they post it? Didn’t anyone see how this most likely would be interpreted by the player-crowd? It’s there.. Black on white: Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound. Ehm.. Yeah.. Right..

Posted by: Flobings.7251

Flobings.7251

Amusingly, I actually thought there would be a screw-up so that any gear that was equipped at the time of post-patch login would become soulbound right away, but I never foresaw that you guys would post one thing and (intentionally) do another.

From John Smith’s blog post:

“Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.”

From Martin Kerstein’s thread post:

“Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item."

From Colin Johanson’s blog post:

“Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.”

Have us covered? As little disruption as possible? Your implementation seems to only compensate the very small minority of players who had MF gear but didn’t have a non-MF set complete. Everyone else got screwed. It’s sad that your implementation actually benefited people looking to save money on Berserker sets way more than those who were affected by the MF removal.

I think it’s time to stop boasting about how often the game is updated (especially when it’s only the Living Story aspect, not the core game, while bugs go ignored for an entire year), and start spending that money hiring devs or managers with actual attention to detail, who actually think “while this is a great idea, we need to be wary of such and such pitfalls,” and who don’t ignore the issues until it’s critical (read: sufficient negative blowback).

Don’t for get the patch notes:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-3-2013
“Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.”

This is a very poor communication attempt especially regarding a game mechanic. Please do what you say or admit you misled a large portion of your player base.

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I would like to add my own $1 here. We were told repeatedly, multiple times, over the last few weeks, that these items would become Account-Bound. I realize that you are now claiming that this is not what was intended, but let me put it to you this way;

We do not have trait loadouts. We want them, but we don’t have them. Because we don’t have them, every player/character is essentially single-traited. Now, keeping that in mind – I personally have two sets of exotic gears on a Thief. I play Power/Precision on said Thief, and because I do not have another set of traits I can swap to on the fly, I have no need of another Exotic set on this character.

A week ago if you asked me, I would have said “I will put my second exotic medium set on my Engineer who is currently in greens.” Now if you ask me, I’ll say “I have 11 pieces of exotic gears that I’ve transmuted a look onto that I don’t want to simply scrap for ecto’s. Now it takes up bank space and I have nothing I can actually do with it that would be worth the work I put in to get it.”

Does this make sense? You basically told us (whether you meant to repeatedly or not) that we would free up a set of exotics that we could transfer to another character. Now you’re telling us we get to either waste time/money/effort for little/no reward, or we can stuff it in our already too-small bank slots. I have all bank slots unlocked btw, I don’t want to stuff 11 items into it for no good reason.

Posted by: Icky.1928

Icky.1928

Right now I have 4 (four) sets on my main, Elementalist: Berserker, Knight’s, Soldier’s and Magic Find. Can you, please, tell me which set of stats should I choose, Mr. Dev? Condition dmg? lol No, thanks! I was planning to transfer this gear to my alt necro, now I’m really kitten ed!

Dzula [Coin]

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I want to say that I figured this out the hard way, thinking I would give my Ele my old set of MF gear off my Mesmer giving it Berserker’s stats. When I clicked on one of the pieces and made it so it was Berserker’s, it did so, but did not change to being soulbound on the Ele. Now I have two shoulder pieces on the Mesmer with the same kitten stats.

Anet you stated one thing and gave something totally different. You know what needs to be done here, make it just like you said it was gonna be.

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Josh, I am sorry, but I can only describe the situation that you now seem to claim exists as MORONIC; that it was always understood and expected by ALL the various Anet teams involved in this change over, that any items that were soulbound would remain soulbound, and that every one of the various public contact people ALL just failed to mention it.

We have received numerous unqualified blanket statements, that we naturally took as Promises, that all existing Magic Find items would become Account Bound.

Why would anybody acquire Ascended Magic Find items, that are Already Account Bound, and then just sit on them. Why would I buy a full set of Mad Kings Armor and fill it with a full set of Scavenging (which soulbound it anyway, before I even put it on) to just admire it in my inventory? Naturally, Every Ascended Magic Find trinket I ever made was soulbound with in 60 seconds of acquisition. I mean seriously, what were you people thinking when you wrote the garbage being quoted above? Were you deliberately being deceptive in the hopes no one would notice? This gaff is truly inexplicable, and absolutely inexcusable. Calling it MORONIC is an insult to morons. If you and all the other people involved in this flood of misleading gibberish, that you have had MONTHS to prepare for and get right, don’t Like being called Intellectually Challenged, or thought to be underhanded double talkers that speak with forked tongues, then GET BETTER. Take a class, hire a proof reader, SOMETHING.

If this is disrespectful, it is because you and your colleagues have EARNED my disrespect on this go around. Your game is better than this, and deserves communication better than this.

If anybody who reads this before it is deleted finds it of value, please copy it and repost it as you see fit.

Jak

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Josh, I am sorry, but I can only describe the situation that you now seem to claim exists as MORONIC; that it was always understood and expected by ALL the various Anet teams involved in this change over, that any items that were soulbound would remain soulbound, and that every one of the various public contact people ALL just failed to mention it.

We have received numerous unqualified blanket statements, that we naturally took as Promises, that all existing Magic Find items would become Account Bound.

Why would anybody acquire Ascended Magic Find items, that are Already Account Bound, and then just sit on them. Why would I buy a full set of Mad Kings Armor and fill it with a full set of Scavenging (which soulbound it anyway, before I even put it on) to just admire it in my inventory? Naturally, Every Ascended Magic Find trinket I ever made was soulbound with in 60 seconds of acquisition. I mean seriously, what were you people thinking when you wrote the garbage being quoted above? Were you deliberately being deceptive in the hopes no one would notice? This gaff is truly inexplicable, and absolutely inexcusable. Calling it MORONIC is an insult to morons. If you and all the other people involved in this flood of misleading gibberish, that you have had MONTHS to prepare for and get right, don’t Like being called Intellectually Challenged, or thought to be underhanded double talkers that speak with forked tongues, then GET BETTER. Take a class, hire a proof reader, SOMETHING.

If this is disrespectful, it is because you and your colleagues have EARNED my disrespect on this go around. Your game is better than this, and deserves communication better than this.

If anybody who reads this before it is deleted finds it of value, please copy it and repost it as you see fit.

Jak

yeah I felt so disgusted for the first time in a year, I turned the game off, I did not do my dailies that I have never hardly ever missed. I did not want to even try to have fun in game.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

I’m so mad I’m gonna go back to playing WoW tonight…

Posted by: Myrnar.7960

Myrnar.7960

Jak

You’re right Jak… I’m so sick of being fooled again and again

2 ascended rings, means 70! days doing daylies for nothing, cause i already got another 2 rings with berserker stats

(edited by Myrnar.7960)

WhiteAndMilky.2514

We would like a response as to what Anet is going to do to fix this. Please.

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Keep it at the top until it gets addressed guys!

Posted by: testaalt.7362

testaalt.7362

We were told over and over that MF gear would become account bound. There was no misunderstanding on our part. It was Anet who unequivocally ‘dropped the ball’ on this one. Simply put, they should fix this to what was promised.

Posted by: Profanity.8016

Profanity.8016

I regret ever spending my time farming magic find ascended MF trinkets. The blog stated our Ascended items which costs us 30 laurels(30 DAYS of daily’s) would be flagged as account bound. But after trying to apply new stats with another character, i come to find out, They were never intended to become account bound, and will remain soul bound….
I now have 2 sets of ascended items that are soul bound, and only 1 set is of any use to me now.

Josh Davis: This is absurd that we are ones being inconvenienced(to put it nicely) with this change. Can you please just refund us our laurels, and let us decide OURSELVES where and how they should be spent? (we are the ones who earned them by the way)

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

I had some traveler daggers from drops in my inventory on my mesmer, and today when i log in, everything became account bound, what is this? I can mildly understand the items that were already soulbound before the patch, but the items that just so happen to be just sitting in my inventory now are useless, this is crap. Am I getting punished for not selling my stuff before the patch?

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

Posted by: DuckNDive.1402

DuckNDive.1402

Another user who read the August 27th news and understood “all” to mean all. There is no exception mentioned that would exclude items already soul bound/upgraded.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

Since all weapons, armor, and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, …. The only exceptions to this rule are in some high-end weapons ….

It appears that there was a miscommunication between the programmers and marketing. The magic find armor was my fourth “farming” set, it no longer serves that purpose, I would now like to use it on another toon and was led to believe that would be possible. Note there was also no mention of upgrades being stripped.