MF items NOT account bound but soulbound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

<<Josh Davis

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.>>

Keep this post refreshed until they show us the respect we deserve.
Anet, please turn all our soulbound weapons and armors to Account bound as you advertised in multiple statements. Do the right thing.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Thankfully I had no intention for my mf gear other than to salvage it and I had not mf ascended trinkets. But for those who did, yeah this really stinks and is no way to treat your players. Between this and the crap pulled with making new fused skins sellable while leaving old ones account bound (without account bound designation) I got to say there is some pretty nasty Quality Control going on at ANet and a decided lack of dedication and response to customers. This along with no other dragons on the horizon, a seemingly random “living story” and major developers leaving Anet, I really don’t see this game lasting anywhere near the seven years GW1 did. Good game gone really wrong.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

I have WASTED 100 Laurels – if this is the game you are going to play – allow us to get a refund… pretty simple no?

Posted by: lordquibble.1672

lordquibble.1672

I’m going to have to back up everything that everyone has said here already. This is about to get ranty, fair warning it also goes off the rails a bit.

<rant>
This is not a misunderstanding on players parts; this is a bald faced middle finger from ANet. JakHammer is right, no one— NO ONE who bought a piece of MF find gear didn’t equip it. Personally i have two medium armor wearers, and both had a combat set and an MF set of armor. I was admittedly upset about this change but what could i do. I thought that maybe i would roll a theif and eventually give them a set of my now blanked out MF armor… NOPE! so now i have two full sets of armor and weapons that i have exactly ZERO use for, oh and don’t forget my acended amulet that still has A GOD DARN MF INFUSION IN IT!!! I’m not about to waste an infusion slot on MF if thats the only MF boost i have, i’d have chosen an amulet with an offensive infusion slot… OH WAIT i did thats why i have two amulets. one that will now be redundant. If you had given us dual-specs for our traits maybe, maybe, this would work, but you didn’t. now i am stuck carrying around a bunch of useless gear because my bank is full, which means i see my useless gear every time i open my inventory, which makes me mad everytime i open my inventory, which makes me go play another game.

Oh and as long as i am on a tear here are a few more things i don’t like 1) super adventure box was not good the first time, i have no desire to play it again; 2) i don’t like missions where you screw with my action bar. don’t put me in a robot, don’t turn me into a mongoose, just don’t; 3) i don’t like simulated PvP. I don’t like real PvP so i don’t, so don’t make me mock-PvP an NPC, THATS NOT FUN; 4)WvW is a form of PvP, so keep the stupid WvW dailies in the PvP section, i don’t need to see them, i don’t want to see them, i’m not going to do them, see point three above, i don’t PvP
</rant>

If you are going to screw with us just be up front about it, don’t spin half truths and then try to put the blame for misunderstanding on on us.

I like your game, i like how you run it, i like that it is always fresh, but crummy customer service will drive me away in seconds flat.

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.

A little late yes? Communication before hand is what makes good customer service. Then again why start now.

Posted by: poipo.9580

poipo.9580

We want a refund or account binding.
You said little disruption, we got lots of it right now.
Celestial and Sentinel are both unavailable event though they are craftable.
Lying to your community will get you nowhere fast.

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Dear Anet,

Since you messed up BIG TIME, just send me a complete set of apothecary medium armor, trinkets, pistol and a shield. I’ll forget about the runes for now.

Thanks.
-Milky

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

I had 3 sets of armor, a MF set, a regular PvE set and a WvW set. Now my MF set is just an extra set of useless armor because I do not need a 2nd PvE set, and I can’t swap it to a different character like I (and 99% of everyone else) thought. So I guess I salvage it? That’s a wonderful use of the gold that I spent to make that MF set, now I can get a few ectos and the [now] useless runes.

…and another straw is added to the camel’s back, he doesn’t look like he can take much more.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

bump
bump
bump

Posted by: Ironheart.9758

Ironheart.9758

Well as per my other post. I’m not sure if my account bound items was supposed to be turned soulbound. I mean, they were not soulbound to start off with. I want my account bound items to be turned back to accountbound.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Miscommunication my “kitten” – Deceipt or incompetance is what it is, maybe both. Fix this!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Danelin Raelon.1605

Danelin Raelon.1605

So first you bug the invasion canceller achievement, post a ‘fix’ that doesn’t work for a large chunk of the people who tried, merge the thread, and proceed to ignore it. Now you lie about what you’re planning to do with our MF gear. At what point did A-net decide it was OK to abandon good customer service?

I’m seriously considering just going out and finding another game. Just as a heads up: I had no intention of doing so before the bugs and poor CS response from A-net regarding Invasion Canceller and now flat out lying to your customers.

I am seriously disappointed because up until recently I thought A-net was a better company than this.

Posted by: Sophianne.9204

Sophianne.9204

Below, is an example of the kind of message that I expect to see from the representative of a game that I love and play almost daily, from a company I respect and brag about even to my current employer.

“We are investigating the reports that we are receiving from you regarding the binding of your gear. We understand that there were several sources who indicated that gear containing magic find stats would be account bound after this release, and that this is not currently the case. We are looking into all of the factors surrounding this, and we will provide more information as soon as it is available. As always, we are concerned about player experience, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Once we have determined why these items are soulbound and not account bound as you’d expected, we will be able to determine what steps can be taken to rectify the situation. Thank you so much for your patience and support!”

Empathy, not dismissal. I’m sure that Josh was in a rush to answer, but he really needed to do more research into the issue before just tossing something out there. Obviously, his statement contradicts numerous other statements that should have been viewed as equally “official” (if not more so). Contradicting the previous messages regarding how magic find gear would be handled, especially when the message is not the answer people were looking for, has only caused an outpouring of even more angry frustrated messages – my own included.

Same for me – MF gear is soulbound. I tried changing the stats, even more soulbound. I changed out the useless runes and stared and my monitor for a minute before giving up on it. I really wanted to transfer it to another character. I don’t need a second set of exotic gear for my Necro, I was going to save it for an Ele I’m planning to start soon. That’s at least 12 – 15 gold, and at least they weren’t ascended gear like some. The MF gear on my Guardian didn’t have all of the options, so I had to pick something I didn’t really want. Not a happy camper, and then I log in to see if there is feedback from a ANET, and it’s this . . . .

Just say you’re sorry and fix it. I like you, and I forgive easily.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Apparently at Anet the left hand and right hand are no longer on speaking terms.

This is amateurish.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Saltan wolf.7523

Saltan wolf.7523

So went to bed a bit miffed about my mf set, but thought to my self well they just forgot, as patch note claimed it should be account bound, wake up had a look at new patch note still no joy so found this on forum and well, this is a joke and response was opppsss we did not mean what we been saying, like others I am now stuck with 3 exotic gear sets for my ranger.
I did plan on given the set to my thief as he is still in rares, as others have stated and anet that it would become account bound, thinking well at lest a yrs worth of playing to get that set is not wasted.

so josh davis what now?

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The lot of you need to show some maturity.

I invested in some gear too, wanted to move gear, whatever, I aint even mad.

You’re all sitting here acting as though the servers have been shut down without notice and you lost $$$ of gems or something. It’s really not that big of an issue, chill out.

And these ’I’m quitting the game’ comments are old and pathetic, stop the over dramatizing it makes me cringe every time I read one. You’re making a war out of nothing, sit back and get some perspective.

And then there’s the comments DEMANDING an instant fix within 1 minute.

“I’m a VERWY ANGWY paying customer, fix naow” – LOL!

You paid a one time price for the boxed version of the game, not for the future updates that weren’t even an idea on a piece of paper yet, you can’t demand anything. Anything not related to release content or installation or running, you CANNOT use that line for. Thank you for your understanding all you selfishly entitled people.

I’m not even going to comment on the abusive comments towards the devs who bring you a tonne of great content, albeit bug filled, regularly. Grow up babies.

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Well as per my other post. I’m not sure if my account bound items was supposed to be turned soulbound. I mean, they were not soulbound to start off with. I want my account bound items to be turned back to accountbound.

Just to avoid confusing the issue in this thread (which is about soulbound MF items not being made account bound), the preview stat change window does have a red warning that the item will become soulbound if you select a stat. Furthermore, if you’re wondering why accountbound gear would become soulbound in the first place, do note that aside from the two backpiece rewards, AFAIK all other accountbound gear (whether ascended gear, fractal loot, or MF gear) does have “Soulbound on Use” stated underneath.

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

The issue I have with this is that they stated we were getting our MF items turned into account bound. Then the dev says that what they meant was that items that were soulbound prior to the patch will stay soulbound.

Most players with an MF set will have them already soulbound before even seeing those patch notes. So what they meant to do would not have affected anyone positively in any way. What I mean is, none/most of us were hoping for account bound MF items when it was never going to be the case and the devs knew that. The least they could do is fix it, and I am patiently waiting for a fix even if it doesn’t seem it will happen.

Serenity.6149

The lot of you need to show some maturity.

I invested in some gear too, wanted to move gear, whatever, I aint even mad.

You’re all sitting here acting as though the servers have been shut down without notice and you lost $$$ of gems or something. It’s really not that big of an issue, chill out.

And these ’I’m quitting the game’ comments are old and pathetic, stop the over dramatizing it makes me cringe every time I read one. You’re making a war out of nothing, sit back and get some perspective.

And then there’s the comments DEMANDING an instant fix within 1 minute.

“I’m a VERWY ANGWY paying customer, fix naow” – LOL!

You paid a one time price for the boxed version of the game, not for the future updates that weren’t even an idea on a piece of paper yet, you can’t demand anything. Anything not related to release content or installation or running, you CANNOT use that line for. Thank you for your understanding all you selfishly entitled people.

I’m not even going to comment on the abusive comments towards the devs who bring you a tonne of great content, albeit bug filled, regularly. Grow up babies.

While I also dislike the “I’m quitting” complaints, I don’t think your “I feel this way, therefore nobody is allowed to feel anything different” is any better. If you don’t care if this issue is fixed, good for you, this thread hardly concerns you. While expecting an immediate fix is unreasonable, what most of us are frustrated about is the lack of communication, which has been consistent issue after issue. You only have to look up the Crab Toss achievement bug to see how it was ignored and then swept under the carpet. This forum is our way to communicate to the devs that we care. It is not up to you to decide from your high horse whether or not we can express our discontent.

(edited by Serenity.6149)

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

Just want to share a picture that shows one off the problems with the new system (love the new system though)
It is kind of anoying that you cannot transmute/salvage some jewels giving the time/laurals spend to get it, some of these jewels where Very expensive and required a long time to get the laurals needed.

Attachments:

(edited by Calcanius.5048)

Posted by: eLement.4785

eLement.4785

Hey folks,

Wow… what a kick in the teeth. Thank you, Anet, for not keeping your word !

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Very disappointed and angry customer here, off to sleep. I’ll keep my dollar bills in my pocket instead of the cashshop until this is fixed. I’m not willing to support these sloppy patch implementations.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Serenity.6149

Just want to share a picture that shows one off the problems with the new system (love the new system though)
It is kind of anoying that you cannot transmute/salvage some jewels giving the time/laurals spend to get it, some of these jewels where Very expensive and required a long time to get the laurals needed.

Looks like the issue I have too, except that I can confirm it doesn’t matter even if the item was not equipped pre- and post-patch.

And I agree completely with the latter point; even if we were allowed to repurpose the gear… well, here’s an example:

I have a character I run fractals with who could use the amulet, but I’d want to use an AR infusion in the infusion slot. I have a second character who I don’t need AR on and could use the MF infusion, but she already has an ascended berserker amulet. I don’t think it’d be too much to ask to be able to repurpose the MF amulet for the first character and be able to move the MF infusion to the second. It would be the solution that offers the least disruption possible, and I don’t benefit unfairly either, as I’d be using the same number of laurels on my characters both before and after the change. Wishful thinking, sigh…

Posted by: RNKot.3956

RNKot.3956

Hey folks,

Indeed it’s clear now.
We lost MF. Get nearly no refunds.
Just stuck with three MF sets (armor, trinket, weapons on three characters) that are unusable by characters-owners. Sets that are not account bound. Runes / sigils that are useless.
Armor & weapons can be salvaged for Glob of Ectoplasm (if I want Globs I shall go for Globs, not salvaging my gear…).
What about Ascended trinkets? Bought with laurels? Sell for 4-6silver? Nice refund, nice safe side for customers…

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Hey folks,

Indeed it’s clear now.
Just stuck with three MF sets (armor, trinket, weapons on three characters) that are unusable by characters-owners. Sets that are not account bound. Runes / sigils that are useless.
Armor & weapons can be salvaged for Glob of Ectoplasm (if I want Globs I shall go for Globs, not salvaging my gear…).
What about Ascended trinkets? Bought with laurels? Sell for 4-6silver? Nice refund, nice safe side for customers…

Yes.. This is how “Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them”. Players asuming from the patch-notes that the mf-gear they have will be account-bound so they at least can give it to another char.. “In your face players”..

Tbh, I fail to see how this is making up for removing the mf gear, especially for all those who had the mf-gear as a second gear-set..

(edited by LtTiger.4568)

Have No Faith In Me.1840

This forum is our way to communicate to the devs that we care. It is not up to you to decide from your high horse whether or not we can express our discontent.

First, I don’t have a high horse, there are no mounts in GW2 thankfully.

Actually, it is if the manner in which you are doing it is down right disgraceful and disrespectful. If you want your issue to be taken seriously then you need to do it in a level headed manner and not throw tantrums like a small child wanting a toy and then sitting down in the middle of walk ways crying and wailing.

And because you read my post how you wanted to read it and added your own words and meanings to it, I’ll let you know that it contained no ‘your opinion is wrong’, but merely ‘show some maturity instead of cursing and crying like a baby’.

Posted by: Myrnar.7960

Myrnar.7960

The only one who’s disgraceful and disrespectful is Anet, lying to their customers.

They said “Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound” and now they say tough luck, we didn’t mean what we said.

Keep bumping this topic, til they keep word.

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Hey folks,

Indeed it’s clear now.

Nearly no refunds?
- I bought six 1-2 gold exo’s and made them berserker when patch hit (for alts and even main)

- My guardian had full soldier and full magic find sets, the magic find set has been turned entirely into berserker (ascended trinkets and exotic armour/4 exotic weapons).

- A set of yakkington’s that I bought cheaply with the intent of turning it into sentinels, did not pay off (can’t choose sentinel), but I can choose to put it onto either of my 2 warriors or my guardian with a stat type of my choosing, or salvage it.

Exotic armour stats are very easily obtained, so even if the compensation somehow doesn’t work out for you due to it staying soul bound, you’re really not losing much, considering that character already has a proper set of gear (if it didn’t you wouldn’t be complaining) you are not hindered in any way.

Also, laurels are not the only method of obtaining the rings and accessories. The high laurel price for rings and accessories is because there are other ways of getting them. I bought a ring with laurels once because I was desperate for it, regretted my decision immediately, and I think that’s where your frustration is coming from. Not that a trinket you got from fractals, or guild commendations is unable to be moved to an alt, but because you wasted expensive laurels on them.

But don’t say there are ‘nearly no refunds’, because that’s not even close to the truth.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

This forum is our way to communicate to the devs that we care. It is not up to you to decide from your high horse whether or not we can express our discontent.

First, I don’t have a high horse, there are no mounts in GW2 thankfully.

Actually, it is if the manner in which you are doing it is down right disgraceful and disrespectful. If you want your issue to be taken seriously then you need to do it in a level headed manner and not throw tantrums like a small child wanting a toy and then sitting down in the middle of walk ways crying and wailing.

And because you read my post how you wanted to read it and added your own words and meanings to it, I’ll let you know that it contained no ‘your opinion is wrong’, but merely ‘show some maturity instead of cursing and crying like a baby’.

Yes because name calling always represents anyone with that certain maturity that commands respect?

Posted by: Claymore Milia.1509

Claymore Milia.1509

I totally agree with other users, I have already my pve equipment and I don’t need another one.

Please fix this problem.

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

as ive statited in my own topic i have a golden lotus which i was under the impression that was going account bound this patch… so i took it off awhile ago put it in bank..
then purchaseing another amulet so i could get the stats and infusion id want after patch early with my laurels only to find out my lotus is still stuck to this character when it has a amulet much better with the right infusion slot. the fact it was in the bank should indicate i wanted it on another toon not still soulbound

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

(edited by BlackWolf.8605)

Posted by: Lawliet.5961

Lawliet.5961

OK so I’ve come to a point where I already accepted that this statement:

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

was a big pile of typo error in Anet’s part, and what we experience now, is the one in their minds.

the problem is, why didn’t Anet stated that (its) only for the MF gears that hasn’t been soul bounded yet?

did they forgot to mention it? or is this some kind of a Modus Operandi to mislead the players?

well intentionally or NOT i think all the players who had their hopes up deserves to be compensated because its a mistake that you, the authorities, has led us up to this point, players has no fault in this issue.

you should be responsible for your mistakes, and in advance, if you plan to fix this by making it account bound, fore warn us immediately because some players might just salvage it away and bring another issue later on like what happened in the karma boost / karma jugs issue.

(edited by Lawliet.5961)

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

So, it isn’t a bug? This was just to fool us? Maybe they think we’re suckers, and the worst part is we may even be.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Whats wrong with you, arena net?
You just wasted our work and farm.

sorry for my poor english

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah sorry, but this is complete bull.

Your release page, the stuff you said before the release and everything, states that ALL MF gear will become Account Bound. Nowhere has it been stated that soul bound gear will remain soul bound.

From the release page: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-3-2013/

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

From the front page news: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

And now after you release this change, you decide to tell us that soul bound items remain soul bound? So you lied and mislead everyone then right? Don’t give us some PR spin. It was a straight up lie what you told us before. And you haven’t even bothered to correct it either. They still state those exact words.

This isn’t one of those “the players ASSUMED something and were wrong” things. This is you misleading everyone and lying to them. Sorry, but this is unacceptable.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Margot.6541

Margot.6541

I think we should try to keep this thread focused on the issue if at all possible. Not everyone is being rude or threatening to quit the game, and I personally think it is really understandable to be upset when you were told one thing would happen, it doesn’t, and your legitimate complaint is met with a frosty customer service response.

I would really love it if ArenaNet could actually make those second armot sets account-bound as they claimed they would. I don’t really care for a refund, because I crafted mine and how would they determine the prices of all the ectos and T6 crafting materials that went into it? Would they use old TP prices? New ones? Some laurels? To me, the right thing to do would be to just make those sets account-bound. Until I hear something else, I am just going to sit on them in my inventory and hope they can be repurposed for an alt as was promised.

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

I love your game Anet and i’m usually a forgiving guy, but between these mf account-bound lies and you denying me to purchase gems….. I’ve lost interest in this game, so i’ll be taking my money elsewhere (not stopping playing, but paying). Suggest the rest of you ppl do the same, cause that’s the only language they seem to understand.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Okay, fine. I can deal with the fact that I have useless armor and exotic trinkets. I’ll salvage them and move on.

But I had extra ascended MF rings on my farming main that I wanted to transfer to another character. Now I have useless ascended rings in my bank that my main doesn’t need, I can’t salvage and I can’t give to another character.

You lied to us about MF equipment becoming account bound. You need to find a way to let us un-soul bind these items we have. Send us a couple one-time use crystals or something so we can move an item from one character to another.

And in the future, when we ask questions please choose your words carefully and explain ALL of the implications even if you think we should realize it already.

I know it’s hard work, but that does not change the fact that you lied to us and did not bother to correct anyone when we talked about wanting to move armor sets from one character to another.

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

The Golden Lotus was Account Bound in my bank before patch.
It has never been equipped by any character yet.
Now it’s Souldbound even before I select which Stats to set it to.
Please revert back to Account Bound.

Thank You.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’m also one of those that can now scrap a full set because I have no need for it.

And here I thought ANet had said we didn’t have to do that because it would become accountbound. Which I thought was to make sure people wouldn’t end up with a useless armour they might even have used real money on to transmute. By making it accountbound, that armour might have been used by another character who didn’t have max armour/said armour stat yet. I even told people not to worry because their armour wouldn’t become useless as it would become accountbound. ANet never took the trouble of correcting me…

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The armor did not become account bound and we were not compensated in any manner for our loss.

Posted by: SeuRafinha.5924

SeuRafinha.5924

can’t believe I spend dollars with ANet…

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

So I have a question

Let’s say that someone did buy MF gear and not equip it. Maybe they had just bought it when they saw the announcement that MF was being removed from the game. So they have a set of non-bound MF. Now, this is the gear that would have become “account bound” according to Josh (though it looks like it is bugged and is being soul-bound according to some reports I see). So how is this of any freaking benefit to the player? This was armor that the player bought, didn’t use and now can’t sell. This is minimal disruption?

Posted by: adobo.1749

adobo.1749

yeah it’s bugged. I had an mf longbow in my bank. it wasn’t bound to anyone prior to patch. i took it out today to select it’s stats on my ele with the intetion of giving it to my ranger.

it soulbound itself to my ele.

choosing stat will soulbind it.
GG.

Rewording is not right! Just re-reword it i guess and say it was “intended”

._.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Same issue here, I’ve ended up with two sets with the same stats that are now Soulbound. Sigh. What’s even worse, I have a slew of other items in the bank never equipped (not really read to use just yet, or undecided if I wanted to keep them or not) that I can’t sell if I don’t want them. They can’t be sold on the TP in the state they are in now, and they will be Soulbound if I click on them. That’s just crazy.

What should happen:
- Items never ever equipped should not become Soulbound, or even Account bound!
- Items that were Soulbound, should be Account Bound after stat-selection.
- Items that had been equipped but were not Soulbound, should not be Soulbound, nor Account Bound.

I’ve never spent a dime in the cash shop, and this move just adds fuel to that decision.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

At what point did A-net decide it was OK to abandon good customer service?

The second event (“The Lost Shores”) when it was impossible to complete the scavenger hunt because the NPCs kept bugging out and ANet refused to delay the next phase until the problem was fixed.

ANet’s standard response to bugs in event content has always been:

1. Announce they’re looking into it.
2. Announce it would be too hard to fix so that nothing can be done.
3. Proceed to ignore the issue until the next event starts.

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

So having slept on the matter I am now a calmer, cooler Jak. ( If you actually believe that statement, feel free to message me about that bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale.)

There are two issues. One is the communication failure, that I simply cannot overly vilify. I love hyperbole as an language art form, but this fail exceeds my everyday vocabulary and inventiveness, and I just don’t have the energy to spend the day culling the most vituperative words and phrases known to the English language from my six assorted thesauri. I’ll let my fist attempt earlier in the thread stand.

The second is the effective theft of a boatload of expensive to very expensive gear, that took hours and hours, and for laurels months, of game time to acquire. I say effective theft because that is what the present situation amounts to for the majority of Magic Find owners, who had MF gear as a second or third – in my case 4th – set of gear. If you cannot comprehend this, you are simply living on a different planet than the rest of us. And as an aside, re the first problem, a simple statement that soulbound gear would remain soulbound, and a sincere apology to those who could not make use of the modified stats available, From the Beginning, would have triggered a much less heated discussion.

The whole 2nd situation is now of course much worse, as far as any correction of the actual in game situation to match the pre-patch expectations is concerned. Some have reset the stats hoping that would trigger the account bound status they were told to expect. Some, lacking patience and in a state ranging between exasperation and fury have salvaged. (Jak is at very angry and falling – my health does not permit me to maintain a highly emotional state like Incandescent Fury for an extended period any more.) If any game wide change to a more reasonable and fair handling of the soulbound Magic Find items issue were attempted, then all those who have moved on would Scream louder than we are now.

So, I doubt that anything on a game wide basis can or will be done, but I will wait and see. These game designer people are supposed to be clever after all.

If after a reasonable time nothing changes, I will file a support ticket and demand the return of just my 120 Laurels (my items were purchased before the WvW Laurel vendor was available,) and the removal of my three associated and untouched Ascended items. I think that a case by case handling will be the only possible way left for any relief. It will probably take months, other support tickets have. And after any hope of game wide redress fades, or amazingly is actually addressed in the negative in a straight forward manner, I will just eat the theft of the rest of my gear, and salvage out like a good little stooge. I think that is a reasonable compromise.

If I cannot get a support resolution, which I suggest to all concerned as your probable only alternative, then I believe I will have to proceed to seek a full refund and account closure. Please note this is not some frivolous threat to rage quit, but rather a multistage and measured response and will be undertaken reluctantly after exhausting other alternatives. Some things are simply intolerable, and Nothing else will motivate a corporation to think ahead and act correctly as effectively as a shot in the pocketbook.

As always, I hope I have crafted a post that is as respectful of all viewpoints as possible, and of course you are all free to do as you please, based on your own level of outrage, or lack thereof.

I am frankly surprised that this thread is as short as it is. The vast majority of this player base is a lot younger than I am. As a whole it seems to just have lower expectations of, and a general acceptance of incompetence by, online game companies and other service providers. From my perspective it mirrors the general decline of American civilization – but that is another discussion.

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

I don’t understand why a non soulbound/non-account bound piece would suddenly become account bound. Is this so that people don’t make it a berserker stat and sell it on the TP?

Most of us want to use our old gear we put money into. I’m one of them. Even if I did craft it, it would be nice if my guardian’s old gear could go over to my new warrior. Otherwise, I really only see forging it as a use.

Magic find gear was dropped a lot whenever I was in fractals, or out about. Maybe I just have terrible RNG (which is likely the case), but that just means I have tons and tons of MF weapons and gear that I can now no longer sell to anyone, and some that I can’t even transfer to the players.

There is no place, anywhere, in your wording up to and during the patch that indicated soulbound items would remain soulbound. Some of our concerns before the patch were speaking directly of soulbound items. Let’s face it… the ONLY reason some of us had two sets were to farm/gather, and then to do things useful like dungeons/fractals/wvw.

Much as I’d love this fixed, I don’t honestly know how it can be fixed. I’ll probably just end up forging everything anyhow. Oh well. Maybe ascended gear will be part of the game by the time my warrior reaches 80, so I won’t have to craft without experience. Ta.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I had several unused MF items left over from Clockwork (I intentionally left them untouched to see what would happen with this udate). One was a Rare Staff, the others were just Greens I planned to either flush or salvage (to earn MF via the new system).

All items WERE account bound right after the update (no items stats showing). When double-clicked they DID have a red warning message at the bottom indicating they would become SOULBOUND when stats were selected.

I feel confident it is a “misunderstanding” and not an intentional deception on ANet’s part, but I’m sure those that make a living of hating on ANet will see it differently. Not sure if they shouldn’t do something to compensate due to the statement being misleading, but not sure what.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I had several unused MF items left over from Clockwork (I intentionally left them untouched to see what would happen with this udate). One was a Rare Staff, the others were just Greens I planned to either flush or salvage (to earn MF via the new system).

All items WERE account bound right after the update (no items stats showing). When double-clicked they DID have a red warning message at the bottom indicating they would become SOULBOUND when stats were selected.

I feel confident it is a “misunderstanding” and not an intentional deception on ANet’s part, but I’m sure those that make a living of hating on ANet will see it differently. Not sure if they shouldn’t do something to compensate due to the statement being misleading, but not sure what.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances