MF items NOT account bound but soulbound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: poebel.4780

poebel.4780

… All items WERE account bound right after the update (no items stats showing). When double-clicked they DID have a red warning message at the bottom indicating they would become SOULBOUND when stats were selected. …

This is perfectly fine, the problem are MF items which you have actually used (equipped on your character) and were soulbound before the patch.

Most people will now have i.e. an warrior with an exotic berserker set and an mf set.

Which they can change to … erm … another berserker set for their warrior … which is pretty useless.

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.

This is absurd.

Words are important. This was not ambiguous. If Arenanet thought the wording was not clear, then why did it take this long to clarify it? The forums and chats have been filled for days about changes to magic find, and there wasn’t a word anywhere from Arenanet that everyone misunderstood what was coming.

Posted by: Squish.6185

Squish.6185

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I suppose I’ll chime in here along with everyone else. What a load of b.s.
The way it was explained over the past few weeks was that all items that previously had MF on them would become account bound. Pretty much EVERYONE that plays Guildwars 2 was under the understanding that this meant all your excess equipment that you were using, since they would have NO NEED to have multiple sets of DPS equipment on one character.

Unlike some people, I didn’t just have multiple sets of armor on one character, I bought extra character slots (I have TWELVE SLOTS NOW, 8 of which are filled), and made new level 80’s for the purpose of having magic find farming characters. I didn’t like keeping piles and piles of extra armor laying in my bags or bank soaking up space, so I figured an extra character would be easier, and it was.

But now I’m stuck with duplicate characters with the same armor specs and a bunch of soulbound equipment, including a metric ton of ascended items that are completely worthless now.

It would be really nice if Anet made good on the ‘account-bound’ equipment, even if that wasn’t what they originally intended, because that’s how it reads and how everyone understood it. Because, seriously, if you have equipment that is NOT soulbound, with MF on it, what is the point of making our ‘sellable’ items account bound? Either way it seems like Anet was kind of screwing us.

It’s kind of like Anet is saying, “Hey, you know that spare, unused, unbound equipment in your bank? Yah. Now it’s account bound. You can’t sell it. Oh yah, and all your spare equipment sets? Still soulbound, and they can only be dps.. so, yah, have fun with multiple sets of dps gear there…. good luck, thanks for spending all your money with us.. suckers!”

I suppose I’ll think twice before spending more money on items from the Gemstore. I’ve literally spend hundreds of dollars supporting them, but we don’t seem to get the same kind of respect in return.

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Don’t say we don’t get the same respect… we do. There have been several occasions where ANet has realized a mistake, and changed it. The Karma thing is just the most recent. They didn’t give us warning about the karma change, and everyone raged. So, what did they do? IMMEDIATELY reversed it, over-compensated us for karma we may have lost, and gave us the 2ish weeks to prepare for the next patch where the karma change would take effect.

I’m still going to keep playing the game. I’m still going to be making the same choices. I just would have liked to have an already made set to give to my warrior instead of having to recraft. The armor I made was created during my leveling of my armorsmith. Since I can’t boost that anymore, there’s no reason for me to recraft. However, if I were able to reuse the armor, it woulda been nice. Not necessary, but nice.

A lot of us are raging about it, but do we actually see Anet’s side? WHY did it all go accountbound? Because, otherwise, we’d change it to something that sells the most, then sell it?

Also, WHY is it still soulbound? Because those of us who have an additional armor set now will have to craft/buy an armorset for another character instead of getting a free one – just like everyone else?

But, now on our side, why can’t we give it to another character? If not for the patch, we’d still be using it, and it was solely there for magic find farming. So unlike everyone who chose not to do farming, we spent the additional money to make another set (via crafting or buying). Now that’s being taken away. Therefore, have we not already bought an additional armor “just like everyone else”, save for it being on the one char, instead of split over the two?

I was happy seeing it would go account bound because it meant I could still save up for a legendary as I’ve been trying over a year to do. (so I’m a fail farmer. not the point) Now it isn’t. Now I can’t. And it was due to a misunderstanding that I have to recraft instead of use hand-me-downs.

I’m disappointed, but I don’t disrespect them. Making a game is hard. Making a game and maintaining it as well as ANet does is even harder. I love this game with all its ups and downs… I just would prefer not to be thought into believing one thing, and getting something completely different. Or in the very least, not being told WHY it has to be a certain way, and WHY it isn’t another way (at least in this case).

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

A complete set of armor, weapons, and trinkets, flushed down the toilet. Thanks anet.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

I have an ascended amulet on three of my characters. One Eye of Janthir and 2 Syzgy.

I checked all three after update and they are still soulbound but now less 4% MF with nothing for compensation.

Being soulbound is not an issue since they will all remain with their respective characters, but I protest stripping 4% MF and offering nothing in return.

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

Addendum to above post.

I also have several Charged Quartz crystal Accessories,or items with Charged Quartz crystal upgrades that also lost all MF with nothing in return.

Posted by: Squish.6185

Squish.6185

I think, for me, the most frustrating part is not that I have a bunch of equipment that is worthless now, but that I worked my butt off to get a FULL set of magic find gear, weapons, accessories, trinkets, back piece, etc, and had 150+ permanent magic find BEFORE food and buffs, and to replace it all I got was the same 20 percent that everyone else got. That is pretty lame.

I mean, I bought an extra character slot, leveled a brand new ranger to 80, ran Crucible of Eternity a LOT to get a FULL set of magic find gear & weapons, did my dailies and monthly missions to get the laurels to buy all the trinkets / accessories, and now it’s all wasted and gone and I was given nothing in return.

I get that they want the new “improved” magic find system to be balanced… but why should it be? Some of us worked very hard to have more magic find than anyone else, so why should we be forced to start over from scratch after we already paid for our gear, sigils, enchantments, etc?

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Nearly no refunds?
- I bought six 1-2 gold exo’s and made them berserker when patch hit (for alts and even main)

- My guardian had full soldier and full magic find sets, the magic find set has been turned entirely into berserker (ascended trinkets and exotic armour/4 exotic weapons).

- A set of yakkington’s that I bought cheaply with the intent of turning it into sentinels, did not pay off (can’t choose sentinel), but I can choose to put it onto either of my 2 warriors or my guardian with a stat type of my choosing, or salvage it.

Exotic armour stats are very easily obtained, so even if the compensation somehow doesn’t work out for you due to it staying soul bound, you’re really not losing much, considering that character already has a proper set of gear (if it didn’t you wouldn’t be complaining) you are not hindered in any way.

Also, laurels are not the only method of obtaining the rings and accessories. The high laurel price for rings and accessories is because there are other ways of getting them. I bought a ring with laurels once because I was desperate for it, regretted my decision immediately, and I think that’s where your frustration is coming from. Not that a trinket you got from fractals, or guild commendations is unable to be moved to an alt, but because you wasted expensive laurels on them.

But don’t say there are ‘nearly no refunds’, because that’s not even close to the truth.

Well we all can be happy, that it turned out great for you, but how about the rest of us, who don’t need another pve trinket set and will have to sell our accessories + amulet to the merchant for 5 silver, when we paid 10 gold + guild commendations + laurels for them, so yeah, there are NO REFUNDS, absolute zero, I’m not even counting my exotic magic find armor set + weapon I had to salvage, at least I got some ectos from those…

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Well we all can be happy, that it turned out great for you, but how about the rest of us, who don’t need another pve trinket set and will have to sell our accessories + amulet to the merchant for 5 silver, when we paid 10 gold + guild commendations + laurels for them, so yeah, there are NO REFUNDS, absolute zero, I’m not even counting my exotic magic find armor set + weapon I had to salvage, at least I got some ectos from those…

QFT they really did anet this patch.

Posted by: Miguel.2653

Miguel.2653

Hello, Anet I’ve already made a support request prior to read this thread, I do not want make money, I do not want exploit anything in the game, I just want, my ascended trinkets being account bound just like u said over and over.

we all, who got this mf ascended, got them with the rules of the game u made for us, then, for some reason, u change this rules, fine, just let us have our 120 or whatever laurels we spent in mf ascended trinlets please, keep ur word.

why would u flag an item like account bound when it is already account bound? who buy an item for keep it in the inventory? nobody, we all bought them because we wanted to use them, now are useless and we do not want see our laurels wasted like that.

The exotics ones I really dont care, I can craft myself new armor, for the people who not farm a lot is an issue and they should be listened too.

Just like I said before, keep your word, and dont make us waste the laurels we earned.

Tzzil (Mesmer / Mag)
Tzilacatzin (Ranger / Maguuma)

Posted by: Aorin.9168

Aorin.9168

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

Why even say account bound? If we had the items equipped, they were already soulbound. If we purchased laurel equipment, they were already account bound.

You told us they would be flagged as account bound, which every one took to mean it would be as if they just bought them from the laurel vendor or got in Fractals ACCOUNT BOUND =/= SOULBOUND ON USE

Posted by: poipo.9580

poipo.9580

They really have to fix this mess.

Posted by: Stillsky.2615

Stillsky.2615

I’m disappointed, but I don’t disrespect them. Making a game is hard. Making a game and maintaining it as well as ANet does is even harder. I love this game with all its ups and downs… I just would prefer not to be thought into believing one thing, and getting something completely different. Or in the very least, not being told WHY it has to be a certain way, and WHY it isn’t another way (at least in this case).

I was in the game development business for a brief time, and I agree, making a game and trying to constantly push out top-notch content that will be complained about regardless of how great it actually is is really hard. However, clearly communicating upcoming changes is not hard at all.

While I understand the frustrations of all the people here who had their hopes up, rightfully so, about the opportunity to respec and shift their gear around, the real morale-crusher is that Anet’s in the wrong no matter what their side of the story is. If it turns out that the MF gear behaving the way it did upon patch release was intended all along, then there’s severe disorganization within Anet, and a clear lack of oversight in what information gets passed along to us if several members of the team could feed us wrong information and nobody stepped in to correct them. If it turns out that what we were originally told was actually what was supposed to go in, but it was changed at the 11th hour, then it’s a slight to the playerbase even if it was changed for all the right reasons. It’s inexcusable, really.

aZn
~Maguuma~

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

This forum is our way to communicate to the devs that we care. It is not up to you to decide from your high horse whether or not we can express our discontent.

First, I don’t have a high horse, there are no mounts in GW2 thankfully.

Actually, it is if the manner in which you are doing it is down right disgraceful and disrespectful. If you want your issue to be taken seriously then you need to do it in a level headed manner and not throw tantrums like a small child wanting a toy and then sitting down in the middle of walk ways crying and wailing.

And because you read my post how you wanted to read it and added your own words and meanings to it, I’ll let you know that it contained no ‘your opinion is wrong’, but merely ‘show some maturity instead of cursing and crying like a baby’.

Actually, when you attack everyone who has posted a complaint in this thread (and you were quite clear it wasn’t just some posts, but all), you are saying everyone’s opinion is wrong. Not everyone is “cursing and crying like a baby,” though you apparently have taken it on yourself to insult others simply because the issue isn’t important to you. Who is immature now? You have said yourself this issue doesn’t affect you. How about you grow up, ignore this thread, and let the people who want an official response to this issue voice their displeasure on the poor communication?

And in response to your other post about how we were offered refunds, allowing the entire collective playerbase the opportunity to buy cheap MF gear pre-patch to save money on Berserker gear is NOT a solution targeted at those affected by the change. You have several categories of people here:

1) People who already have all the gear they need and all the alts they need. MF gear goes to waste even if it becomes account bound. These people would not have been compensated in either case, and I don’t know that anything could be done here (I’m sure there are possible solutions, like a buy-back system, but I doubt it was ever in the realm of possibility).

2) People who already have all the gear they need on the affected character, but can repurpose the MF gear on an alt. Considering these people were going to repurpose the gear, they are unlikely to have bought a cheap MF->Berserker set for the character that was going to receive the repurposed gear, so your so-called refund in the form of cheap Berserker sets does not make sense here, nor does it apply when the MF gear in question is ascended, not exotic.

3) People who needed a lot of gear for their characters, and smartly bought MF gear for the purpose of acquiring cheap Berserker sets.

4) People who overlap #2 and #3.

Yes, people in group #3 completely benefited from the stat change system, except they weren’t the ones needing compensation in the first place. People in group #4 were somewhat compensated, though saving money on exotic gear is nowhere close to having useless ascended trinkets you spent time-gated laurels and commendations on. The savings per full armor set is the equivalent of 1-3 hours of play, depending on the player. The loss in ascended gear is a loss of a month or more in play. People in groups #1 and #2 are still screwed, with no compensation. So when you claim that we did receive compensation, do note the huge flaw in your analysis.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I totally agree with other users, I have already my pve equipment and I don’t need another one.

Please fix this problem.

Fix what for you? You just said you have your PvE equipment.

Either make it into a WvW set, or salvage it. Fixed.

Serenity.6149

I was in the game development business for a brief time, and I agree, making a game and trying to constantly push out top-notch content that will be complained about regardless of how great it actually is is really hard. However, clearly communicating upcoming changes is not hard at all.

While I understand the frustrations of all the people here who had their hopes up, rightfully so, about the opportunity to respec and shift their gear around, the real morale-crusher is that Anet’s in the wrong no matter what their side of the story is. If it turns out that the MF gear behaving the way it did upon patch release was intended all along, then there’s severe disorganization within Anet, and a clear lack of oversight in what information gets passed along to us if several members of the team could feed us wrong information and nobody stepped in to correct them. If it turns out that what we were originally told was actually what was supposed to go in, but it was changed at the 11th hour, then it’s a slight to the playerbase even if it was changed for all the right reasons. It’s inexcusable, really.

^ This. The wasted expenditure hurts, but it’s nothing compared to the slap in the face that is poor communication.

There is a third possibility (somewhat related to your first possibility), however, and this is the one I’m leaning toward. I think they were focused on what to do with all the MF gear in the system, decided that instead of removing them outright, they’d allow the players to change them to a different stat combo, then decided that in order to avoid abuse (buying MF gear and reselling as Berserker gear), they’d add the accountbound tag to MF gear. They then announced this plan to add the accountbound tag. but it was never their intention to have it overwrite any existing soulbound tag. Under this possibility, the information announced was technically correct, though clearly lacking as it clearly did not examine or address the variety of scenarios presented by the playerbase. This possibility is the most likely, as it matches the stubbornly linear thinking already demonstrated more than several times in this game.

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I can’t tell if you want a FULL COMMENDATIONS AND LAURELS REFUND, or to be able to move the gear to an alt.

If its the former, it won’t happen, because you already have compensation. Turn it into a second of of trinkets, like soldiers for wvw gear.

There are plenty of options at your disposal.

Serenity.6149

I can’t tell if you want a FULL COMMENDATIONS AND LAURELS REFUND, or to be able to move the gear to an alt.

If its the former, it won’t happen, because you already have compensation. Turn it into a second of of trinkets, like soldiers for wvw gear.

I like that you continue to force your opinion of what we should or shouldn’t do. People who needed a second set (and used the MF gear as the second set) on the affected character would not be complaining here. Clearly, anyone voicing their displeasure here either already has a WvW set, or has no use for a second (or third or fourth, etc) set, period.

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

this is mostly my fault i know but ive knowtest i acsidently soul bound a exo staff on my ranger with stats >.> forgot to move it to my ele first …

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

Have No Faith In Me.1840

And in response to your other post about how we were offered refunds, allowing the entire collective playerbase the opportunity to buy cheap MF gear pre-patch to save money on Berserker gear is NOT a solution targeted at those affected by the change. You have several categories of people here:

1) People who already have all the gear they need and all the alts they need. MF gear goes to waste even if it becomes account bound. These people would not have been compensated in either case, and I don’t know that anything could be done here (I’m sure there are possible solutions, like a buy-back system, but I doubt it was ever in the realm of possibility).

If said people already have all the gear they need FOREVER, then they have no real need for laurels and commendations, and hence do not need the entitlement refund. They’re also rich enough not to care.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Big slap in the face from Anet team. Thanks.

Serenity.6149

If said people already have all the gear they need FOREVER, then they have no real need for laurels and commendations, and hence do not need the entitlement refund. They’re also rich enough not to care.

Yes, thanks for responding to the bit that wasn’t even at issue. Did you not read what I said that those people wouldn’t be compensated either way? The issue is with people in groups #2 and #4.

Also, it is clear you have quite linear thinking. If someone only has one character, and only needs one set of gear, therefore they won’t care if they wasted laurels/commendations? They are rich enough not to care? LOL. How about you stop speculating on how other people should feel?

WhiteAndMilky.2514

You bought a delicious chocolate cupcake. Then the baker tells you “Oh hold on, we’re discontinuing that flavor, I’ll get you another flavor instead” He takes your cupcake, then comes back in a few minutes and throws a half-eaten vanilla cupcake at your head. “Enjoy” he says.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

I have ex-mf “Soulbound” equipment in my bank that can’t be removed by anyone of my characters. These items were not soulbound before the patch. I tried right clicking the item to give them stats, and it worked, and now it says soulbound. To whom? No clue. I guess my bank now owns them…

Posted by: Margot.6541

Margot.6541

While I appreciate people offering ideas of what to do with this gear if it remains soulbound, I still am hoping they will make it account-bound. I think people are really focusing on those who bought gear anticipating the change and feel cheated rather than those who had a second (or third, fourth) set and now are stuck with a set they don’t need and don’t want to salvage. Salvaging is not really a comfort to me considering I used 30 ectos, 30 vicious claws, and a lot of hardened leather squares and gossamer to craft my exotic magic find set, ad I am going to get almost none of that back. I am not a farmer, so this took me a lot of play time and a lot of laurels (buying T6 crafting materials). Luckily, I don’t have ascended items, but those players are being insulted, too.

I think this deserves a fix, but if that is not possible, I would at least appreciate the courtesy of ArenaNet apologizing and explaining their side of the story. I am a loyal customer; I have spent quite a bit of real money at the gem store, so I am not someone who only paid the initial fee which some posters feel strips away my right to complain (a whole other issue I don’t want to go into here). I also have convinced 3 people to purchase the game and even purchased it for my brother-in-law myself. I would love a more detailed, more appropriate response from ArenaNet regarding this issue.

Serenity.6149

I think people are really focusing on those who bought gear anticipating the change and feel cheated rather than those who had a second (or third, fourth) set and now are stuck with a set they don’t need and don’t want to salvage.

For some of us, it’s not that we don’t want to salvage (even though, as you said, it’s hardly comforting as the return is very small), but you can’t salvage Ascended trinkets, so…

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Every message I read, leading up to the patch, lead me to the understanding that existing, equipped, MF armour, would be made account bound. There were a couple of items I would have liked to see receive this treatment, but it wasn’t an issue worth making a big deal over.

That said, I think that it is quite clear this wasn’t just my reading…. And some correction is fair for those affected.

I salvaged the items already, and I don’t care about compensation, and I will still continue to countless more hours of Guild Wars .

Thanks for all the stuff the dev team gets right! The new MF system is, IMHO, well done.

Posted by: Graka.9457

Graka.9457

I have ex-mf “Soulbound” equipment in my bank that can’t be removed by anyone of my characters. These items were not soulbound before the patch. I tried right clicking the item to give them stats, and it worked, and now it says soulbound. To whom? No clue. I guess my bank now owns them…

I didn’t even think about this, I checked and i have soul bound equipment that doesn’t belong to any char in my bank, and I cant do anything with it! And I have friends that have this same issue. This tells me this was either totally unintentional and it was suppose to be account bound, or they screwed up so beyond belief they didn’t think a single step ahead of getting rid of MF. This is ridiculous, now not only do I have equipment I cant use, BUT ITS STUCK IN MY BANK FOREVER.

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I didn’t even think about this, I checked and i have soul bound equipment that doesn’t belong to any char in my bank, and I cant do anything with it! And I have friends that have this same issue. This tells me this was either totally unintentional and it was suppose to be account bound, or they screwed up so beyond belief they didn’t think a single step ahead of getting rid of MF. This is ridiculous, now not only do I have equipment I cant use, BUT ITS STUCK IN MY BANK FOREVER.

Have you submitted a ticket for that yet? You should do that if you haven’t. Good thing you brought it up here though, because I never would have thought about that Glad I didn’t have MF gear on more than one char…

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Have you submitted a ticket for that yet? You should do that if you haven’t. Good thing you brought it up here though, because I never would have thought about that Glad I didn’t have MF gear on more than one char…

Ticket was submitted, just thought I would bring it up in this thread as well.

Posted by: Gorgrom.1452

Gorgrom.1452

No replies I see, just going to get ignored by Anet guess we are screwed.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

And no, my items are still blank Anet, I did NOT “change the stats on several items as prompted”

I will be refraining from anymore cash shop purchases, that is for sure. I have always been overly critical of GW2, because I’ve always thought of it as a rough gem that if polished, could really stand the test of time…. but ArenaNet just lost my faith completely.

I’ll make sure to bring my decoder ring the next time I read upcoming patch information.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

No more gem purchases for me….I’ll happily just grind the gold to buy them from now on…

Posted by: Erebos.6819

Erebos.6819

Truly, a disappointing response from Anet though not surprising. Given the unapologetic attitude and the Steve Jobs “blame the customer” mindset, it’s clear they have no intention of admitting they are at fault.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

You still need to correct this ANet. You can’t call a lie something else and say it’s not a lie, because you’re lying. You either need to correct the issue, or admit you’re lying and say you won’t fix your mistake, in those exact words. One of the two.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

ArenaNet staff seems to forget that although it is a free to play game, you’re supposed to treat everyone like a paying customer. Instead we get treated like small children constantly. If they want any more of my money in the gemshop, maybe they should start treating me like the paying customer that I am.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Big slap in the face from Anet team. Thanks.

Big slap? This is a direct punch on my face. My nose still bleeds.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Mistina.7394

Mistina.7394

It’s the ascended stuff i bought with laurels i’m gutted about, the rest i can salvage and get something back. Would be nice if they could change ascended stuff bought with laurels to account bound as these are useless now.

Posted by: erstag.1809

erstag.1809

It’s the ascended stuff i bought with laurels i’m gutted about, the rest i can salvage and get something back. Would be nice if they could change ascended stuff bought with laurels to account bound as these are useless now.

Same here, do any of you know the reasoning behind this decision? It is an extremely unfair and arbitrary practise which makes no sense to me.
I’m basically punished for having played the game as Anet intended it in the first place.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

You’re saying “plenty,” but offering only one option and not a very good one.
What if I don’t play WvW?
What if I play WvW with other character?
What if I already have second trinket set and this was my third set?
What if I simply just don’t like to switch my stats around?
Who are you to tell me how to play?

As for compensation, at this point, I’m pretty much looking for anything better than selling my trinkets to merchant for 5 silver, which I’ll have to do, because I don’t need another trinket set on this character and atm it’s wasting valuable space in my bank.

Posted by: Michael.9403

Michael.9403

Hey folks,

Since armor becomes soulbound upon wearing it, 99.99% of the population is screwed. Can you imagine someone obtaining MF armor and NOT wearing it sometime during their game history?

So ANET’s announcement should have read: " If you have never used your MF armor, it will revert to account bound. Most of you, however, will have to just eat it, since it’s likely soulbound. Sorry we couldn’t think of any way to make this change without pain to most of the population. The more you spent on the MF armor set, the more your pain.

Also notice, using even the poorest MF armor set got you well above 100MF. With this new, exciting change, you are reduced to 20.

Where is the explanation as to why this change had to be made?

Erebos.6819

Hey folks,

Since armor becomes soulbound upon wearing it, 99.99% of the population is screwed. Can you imagine someone obtaining MF armor and NOT wearing it sometime during their game history?

So ANET’s announcement should have read: " If you have never used your MF armor, it will revert to account bound. Most of you, however, will have to just eat it, since it’s likely soulbound. Sorry we couldn’t think of any way to make this change without pain to most of the population. The more you spent on the MF armor set, the more your pain.

Also notice, using even the poorest MF armor set got you well above 100MF. With this new, exciting change, you are reduced to 20.

Where is the explanation as to why this change had to be made?

There is no explanation. They are simply wrong and everyone who read their announcement was mislead. Referring to their news release:

<a href=“https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/”></a>!

An excerpt for the page mentioned:

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat. Since all weapons, armor, and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, any of these items currently on the Trading Post will be return to the poster.

There are no shades of the word all. We were not confused by the wording, we were deliberately mislead. Own up Anet and do what was promised. This is ridiculous.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

I got my items back from the TP since they were Travelers or Explorers – fine.

But then you force me to add stats to it which then makes them soulbound…nice one. So now I can’t auction them but either sell them at a merchant for less than what I would have got or salvage/forge them.

Lame.

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

The actual effect doesn’t bother me as much as the “clarification” response. I don’t believe the original blog post was an intentional lie, but telling us it was confusingly worded instead of a complete internal disconnect IS a lie. We’re not stupid.

This doesn’t even really affect me. I don’t care if the gear in question remains soulbound – in fact I thought it was really generous that ANet was going to convert them back to account bound. It just makes me really angry that the blog writer messed up and is trying to downplay his error as a minor wording issue instead of a complete misunderstanding on his part.

Erebos.6819

The actual effect doesn’t bother me as much as the “clarification” response. I don’t believe the original blog post was an intentional lie, but telling us it was confusingly worded instead of a complete internal disconnect IS a lie. We’re not stupid.

This doesn’t even really affect me. I don’t care if the gear in question remains soulbound – in fact I thought it was really generous that ANet was going to convert them back to account bound. It just makes me really angry that the blog writer messed up and is trying to downplay his error as a minor wording issue instead of a complete misunderstanding on his part.

It’s not just in their blog. it’s also in the path notes.

“Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster."

No mention of exceptions to the rules here either. Bait and switch.

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

this really should be sorted out maybe just make all soulbound items, account bound like origonaly said and leave it at that.

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

WhiteAndMilky.2514

this really should be sorted out maybe just make all soulbound items, account bound like origonaly said and leave it at that.

Yup, but they are too lazy and care too little to stick to their own words.

Posted by: Graka.9457

Graka.9457

Yep, I think I’m done. I thought Anet actually back up their word on this, I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on the cash store and defended other things they have done, but I’m not paying for this. I’m not saying I’m quitting GW2, but they have to earn my trust back till I start being a paying customer again.

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yep, I think I’m done. I thought Anet actually back up their word on this, I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on the cash store and defended other things they have done, but I’m not paying for this. I’m not saying I’m quitting GW2, but they have to earn my trust back till I start being a paying customer again.

I’m in the same boat.