MF items NOT account bound but soulbound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Graka.9457

Graka.9457

Yep, I think I’m done. I thought Anet actually back up their word on this, I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on the cash store and defended other things they have done, but I’m not paying for this. I’m not saying I’m quitting GW2, but they have to earn my trust back till I start being a paying customer again.

I’m in the same boakittens

mainly the fact they said it in multiple places of it being one way, and then patch hits and they just go Our bad, we misled you sorry. Like honestly how am I suppose to trust anything like these kind of promises in the future?

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Posted by: Claymore Milia.1509

Claymore Milia.1509

I totally agree with other users, I have already my pve equipment and I don’t need another one.

Please fix this problem.

Fix what for you? You just said you have your PvE equipment.

Either make it into a WvW set, or salvage it. Fixed.

I think you have shutted down your brain isn’t it? :-)
I don’t play WvW because i think it is boring… is only a zerging style combat (and I don’t like it).
Salvage what? I have already two sets for PvE and this was my third set for MF only. We can’t lose all our work for ascendent jewels (bought with laurels).

Please make these items account bound without soulbound because no one needs to lose all their work.

Thanks

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.

Wow… what a kick in the teeth. Thank you, Anet, for not keeping your word !

Honestly this is the type of thing I’ve come to expect. People wonder why I come here and complain, this is why I come here and complain, people wonder why I don’t trust anything they say anymore in interviews etc this is why. smh.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Shin.3701

Shin.3701

Bump.
ANet needs to change this stupid situation. -.-

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

bump…

Want anymore of my money Anet? Then fix this!

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

At this point I’m just waiting for one more confirmation, that they ain’t gonna admit their mistake, before selling my ascended trinkets to merchant and moving on.

“We messed up, but we don’t care, now bugger off”

Would be good enough for me. It would at least be better than silence and ignorant denial.

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

At this point I’m just waiting for one more confirmation, that they ain’t gonna admit their mistake, before selling my ascended trinkets to merchant and moving on.

“We messed up, but we don’t care, now bugger off”

Would be good enough for me. It would at least be better than silence and ignorant denial.

Their modus operandi has always been to ignore things they aren’t going to address, hoping this thread eventually dies on its own.

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

So long as there are 2 people to post in it, it won’t die. I am 1 person.

Attachments:

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

WhiteAndMilky.2514

They gave me a copy paste response again when I replied to the original ticket.

First response:

“I understand that you just changed the stats on several items as prompted, and they remained soulbound. Please understand that this is the intended mechanic – items that were soulbound prior to the update are meant to remain soulbound, as items that are account bound will remain account bound. I apologize for the misunderstanding that our patch notes may have caused, but we will not be performing changes to the binding features of these items.

Second Response:

“As stated before this is the intended mechanic – items that were soulbound prior to the update are meant to remain soulbound, as items that are account bound will remain account bound. I apologize for the misunderstanding that our patch notes may have caused, but we will not be performing changes to the binding features of these items.

I’d like to speak to a person, not a robot.

Seveleniumus.5973

It’s funny how they seem incapable of realizing, that problem is not with patch notes, no one cares about patch notes, the problem is with news fed economy-report, which up to this day still holds faulty information.
If you went to economy report and would search for word “soul” you would get 0 results…
Yes, it may as well been a misunderstanding, but a misunderstanding on their end, not ours…

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yes, it may as well been a misunderstanding, but a misunderstanding on their end, not ours…

^

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I agree. They seem to forget that they promised something, even if they want to change their mind and call it a misunderstanding later. A promise is a promise is a promise.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I have gone into boycott mode since the patch went live. It would have been one thing to just have had a misunderstanding say like with the Karma mess up, but this is just like a lie to me and that is where it makes me stand up and take a stance.

I have not logged into the game cept only to check if recent patches have reverted this. I have not done any dailies or SAB or anything in game and if this is not gonna get fixed, I may just find myself moving onto something that I can put my trust into.
Anet I have been with yall since gw1. I have seen the Nerf Bat many times and was able to let those things go cause they were justifiable in my eyes, but if you allow this Lie to stand then it will be the turning point in my gaming with you.

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I honestly do not think this is something they will “fix” (though I wouldn’t put it past them to one day start selling items in the gemstore that allow the unsoulbinding of items). The lack of response is pretty telling.

However, I do want a response that goes beyond the poor excuse that has been offered to us thus far. It’s like yes, thank you for the clarification that the items are soulbound; I think that tidbit was pretty clear to us already. What we really want to know is 1) what went wrong, and 2) that the people behind the game we are supporting can manage good customer support, even in difficult situations like this one. ANet’s track record has been very hit and miss. You have the amazing communication from people like Gaile Gray (who responds to pretty much every post) and Josh Foreman (look at the level of interaction regarding Super Adventure Box). I’m sure there are others I haven’t mentioned as well.

And then you have examples of horrible customer service, like when the Crab Toss achievements could not be completed for almost the last two weeks of the event. What happened there? Bug wasn’t going to be fixed, so they decided not to respond to the customer concern until too late. Not even a “the bug is being tracked and we’re trying our best, but no promises.” I managed to luck out and get mine completed, but even though the bug no longer impacts me, it still left a terrible taste in my mouth knowing that this is how they deal with issues. It’s bad precedent, and it completely confirms what has been said about the company on Glassdoor.com. “Ignores issues until critical” and “poor communication” (paraphrased) are particularly pertinent here.

MMOs are a huge investment of both time and money, so customer relations is arguably more important than gameplay itself. It’s not enough to simply say “putting out a product is difficult and you should be happy with what you’re getting,” as some have stated. It doesn’t matter if it’s developing a MMO or owning a small business; everyone has it difficult at their place of employment, everyone pours their heart and soul into their work, but when things go wrong, it’s how you react that distinguishes the people/businesses that should be admired. Using Josh Foreman as an example again, look at how that guy dealt with the situation. I actually felt BAD for him because it was obvious how the complaints personally affected him and the amount of pride he had in his work, but he really manned up and I applaud him for it. That level of interaction, of customer support, should be aspired to across the board.

If you make a mistake, own up to it. Fully, and not with a canned response. Some people might still hate you for it (you’ll never please everyone), but I daresay the majority of people will appreciate a company that doesn’t hide from criticism a lot more than one that uses the silent treatment to address anything it is unable to address.

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

I’m in the same spot as the rest of you guys in this MF screw up. I lost a lot of hard work and gold in this change across 5 level 80’s.

I completely agree with the last few posts. I was unhappy with the change originally and as time has passed I’m only getting angrier. Not the screaming on a MMO forum angry, but the cut my losses, move on to something else and not look back kind.

The worst part is the complete lack of any response. That is uncalled for. We played the game the way it was designed, we spent our money on it, we enjoyed it. We deserve some kind of response.

The sad thing is that two weeks ago I was loving this game.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Not only did I lose an entire set or armor, but the set I’d like to convert for another character is going to cost me near 100g. So because of this one little detail Anet forgot about, I’m essentially losing about 130g or so.

Posted by: Yorin.6934

Yorin.6934

My Accountbound MF set that i didn’t use yet, has become soulbound when i chose another stat on it. In the patchnotes stands that if it was Accountbound it still will be accountbound until you use it.

Maybe you can clear up some of the things.

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

This entire situation just Kittens me off!!
Fine you guys want to remove magic find from the base stats on gear and ASCENDENT stuff we worked our butts off for…. Okay great but the way you sold it to us and the way it was clearly told to us items would become account bound and we can pick new stats for that gear to become soulbound again.
Well KITTEN you guys DEVS this is nothing short of a slap in the face to me yeah those magic find items I worked for USELESS to me in this state… I worked my butt off for this worthless pink tier of items you added behind $^@!# time gated daily system and tons of fractles run’s FOR WHAT !? just to get more soulbound items on a alt’s who I enjoyed playing so much in fact that I already had extra gear sets on hand including ascendent items for my favorite builds.

Great job really I wanna see what you guys come up with next to top this blunder cause no matter how you word this now its just pathetic…
Kitten this game you have one really angry customer over this GL with every seeing a dime of my irl money again….
Buggy kitten game DEVS only seem to care about sucking money out of us from weekly gem store sales anywyas…… Solid Logic A-net players work for items then you make said items useless to them oh but wait there not useless right I can like get an ecto MAYBE from the armor and omg like 4 silver for all my ascendent gear too!! genius………………. ^%@!

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

Hey folks,

Just a bit of clarification here – Items that were soulbound prior to the change are still soulbound.

I hope this clears things up.

I suppose I’ll chime in here along with everyone else. What a load of b.s.
The way it was explained over the past few weeks was that all items that previously had MF on them would become account bound. Pretty much EVERYONE that plays Guildwars 2 was under the understanding that this meant all your excess equipment that you were using, since they would have NO NEED to have multiple sets of DPS equipment on one character.

Unlike some people, I didn’t just have multiple sets of armor on one character, I bought extra character slots (I have TWELVE SLOTS NOW, 8 of which are filled), and made new level 80’s for the purpose of having magic find farming characters. I didn’t like keeping piles and piles of extra armor laying in my bags or bank soaking up space, so I figured an extra character would be easier, and it was.

But now I’m stuck with duplicate characters with the same armor specs and a bunch of soulbound equipment, including a metric ton of ascended items that are completely worthless now.

It would be really nice if Anet made good on the ‘account-bound’ equipment, even if that wasn’t what they originally intended, because that’s how it reads and how everyone understood it. Because, seriously, if you have equipment that is NOT soulbound, with MF on it, what is the point of making our ‘sellable’ items account bound? Either way it seems like Anet was kind of screwing us.

It’s kind of like Anet is saying, “Hey, you know that spare, unused, unbound equipment in your bank? Yah. Now it’s account bound. You can’t sell it. Oh yah, and all your spare equipment sets? Still soulbound, and they can only be dps.. so, yah, have fun with multiple sets of dps gear there…. good luck, thanks for spending all your money with us.. suckers!”

I suppose I’ll think twice before spending more money on items from the Gemstore. I’ve literally spend hundreds of dollars supporting them, but we don’t seem to get the same kind of respect in return.

This sums up my feelings in a more polite way… But there is a great urge to rage over this change still! Like what did they think adding ascendent armor and weapons into the game would be a band-aid for making some items we worked for and were told everything would be taken care of with as little interruption to us as possible.

The more and more I think about this just eats away at me idk if I even want to play this game anymore… those words are not said lightly either this pink tier of items now in the game is poison to it.

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

Seveleniumus.5973

They should add some option to sell back your ascended trinkets, maybe not the rings, because if you run higher level fractals you can get hundreds of them, but for accessories and amulets there should be an option to sell them back for at least a few gold, because 5 silver is pretty much a joke, you’re more compelled to just destroy those items, than do that.

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Why AN cant just give like 50 laurels so we could buy a new ascended trinkets?

sorry for my poor english

Posted by: Frost.2908

Frost.2908

I completely agree with everyone. What anet stated and what they implemented are 2 completely different things… the update notes to this day are still contradicting themselves.

But I found it odd that as I was complaining to my friend earlier, on my end the items are shown as soul bound and other characters cannot equip them, but when I ping them in chat it only shows an account bound item… so figure that one out.

I expected like what the notes said and what it shows on the pinged items that I could transfer these extra armors(because my mains already have other armors of the non farming stats I needed) to my newer characters that could actually use them. But as of right now I just have bunch of useless junk taking up space in my inventory.

Seveleniumus.5973

But I found it odd that as I was complaining to my friend earlier, on my end the items are shown as soul bound and other characters cannot equip them, but when I ping them in chat it only shows an account bound item… so figure that one out.

I believe when you “ping” something it doesn’t show your actual item, it shows default value of the item, f.e. it doesn’t show infusions on ascended rings, so index database probably just doesn’t hold “soulbound” image of your item, or rather doesn’t distinguish between those two, if that makes sense and default value of it as of now is account bound, so it shows that instead,

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I believe when you “ping” something it doesn’t show your actual item, it shows default value of the item, f.e. it doesn’t show infusions on ascended rings, so index database probably just doesn’t hold “soulbound” image of your item, or rather doesn’t distinguish between those two, if that makes sense and default value of it as of now is account bound, so it shows that instead,

Yeah I think this is true.

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

bump….

This issue actually took away a big chunk of my motivation to play this great game.

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Advised my friends and family Guild mates I may quit the game over this. They all said Great, we only still play GW2 cause you do.

Since the few that still play (5 of 14) have all just been coasting along none of them were really hit by this rip-off. All the prior fumbles by Anet, and the complete (words fail me) towards small guilds that can’t or won’t grind 24/7 to get guild upgrades had already run them off for the most part. The plethora of anti role play content, like the SAB, also destroyed the 3rd wall for them. Not sure if I’ll even play tonight, having just really realized the extent of the Karma acquisition nerf. A guildie mentioned it when complaining about the absence of all exotic trinkets and spineguards in orrian temples. Just a really sad situation.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Advised my friends and family Guild mates I may quit the game over this. They all said Great, we only still play GW2 cause you do.

Since the few that still play (5 of 14) have all just been coasting along none of them were really hit by this rip-off. All the prior fumbles by Anet, and the complete (words fail me) towards small guilds that can’t or won’t grind 24/7 to get guild upgrades had already run them off for the most part. The plethora of anti role play content, like the SAB, also destroyed the 3rd wall for them. Not sure if I’ll even play tonight, having just really realized the extent of the Karma acquisition nerf. A guildie mentioned it when complaining about the absence of all exotic trinkets and spineguards in orrian temples. Just a really sad situation.

So much potential in gw2 being completely wasted. Simply because of an accumulation of a few issues like this one. It just goes to show how little interest they have in continuing the game in the future.

Seveleniumus.5973

At this point I think I’m pretty much ready to move on. I think some of you guys are being a little over dramatic – gw2 is still a great game, probably the best mmo out there, I’ve spent like a thousand hours on it and I ain’t gonna quit over a lost trinket set.
Yea, they messed up and I strongly believe they know it and while I don’t like the method they handled it (by not handling it at all), I hope that they’ll put a great effort in the future for it to not happen again, though it may take a long time for them to earn my trust again.

Posted by: Margot.6541

Margot.6541

I agree that quitting the game altogether seems extreme, but it is so frustrating. I have stopped playing my main over the last week because it bothers me when I see her old MF set sitting in my inventory. I keep (stupidly) hoping ANet will apologize properly, which would really be all I need at this point; if they admit their mistake and issue a sincere apology, I will at least feel like they heard our concerns and care about them. I also have spent many hours playing the same, and I love it too much to quit, but I will be thinking twice before buying gems in the future.

Posted by: Incarnus.2097

Incarnus.2097

I really hate having useless gear in my inventory. Gear that I spent gold on and now I am going to have to salvage it? I really feel for the people who had stuff on the TP that they were trying to sell and now its soulbound. ANet really screwed the pooch on this one and are completely ignoring it as if they did nothing wrong.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Still extremely disappointed with anet on this. Not even an apology.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Anet’s MO for issues like this is to ignore them until they go away. So, making it difficult to ignore is the way to go. It would be good to compile a list of the statements prior to the patch, as well as the patch notes, that stated implicitly or explicitly that SB magic find items would become account bound. Dev responses and ticket responses once the issue became apparent would be helpful too. Maybe a youtube video or two. Post threads in other forums, like the General forum, the Living Story forum, and other sites like reddit or gw2guru.

We should at a minimum get a response of “We’re sorry, it was our screwup.”

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Myrnar.7960

Myrnar.7960

Have you recognized, they changed the patch notes afterwards:

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and Soulbind on Use. These items will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. Items that were already Soulbound to a character will continue to be bound to that character. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

This is not what you have said all the weeks before the patch Anet! Won’t believe you anymore and won’t pay you anymore. Such a behavior is not worth spending a cent on.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and Soulbind on Use. These items will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. Items that were already Soulbound to a character will continue to be bound to that character. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

This is not what you have said all the weeks before the patch Anet! Won’t believe you anymore and won’t pay you anymore. Such a behavior is not worth spending a cent on.

Stealth changing patch notes?

Seems very unprofessional to me.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-super-adventure-box-back-to-school/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

Don’t worry, they don’t seem to care enough to change all mention of this screw up.

Edit: If you read the patch notes, that paragraph in question (the one that was changed) doesn’t even flow anymore. They literally just added in a line in the middle about the soulbound thing…

This still hasn’t explained WHY my unused MF gear that was stored in the bank is now soulbound TO THE BANK. But not to worry, I got a reply to my ticket!

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced with the items remaining or changing to soul bound. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

-.-!

(edited by Topher.1684)

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Welcome to Guild Wars 2. Now go buy something from the Gem Shop!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

So this is how they do things.. Changes the patch-notes in silence, without even giving the players as much as an apology (cause most of us allready knew what were in the patch-note prior to the change of it).. Very unprofessional!

And on a side-note, I still don’t see how this whole mess is “as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them” as they’ve also stated at one point before the changes.. What good is it to me to have an armorset I can’t use for anything, and I can’t get back what I paid for it.. Sure I can salvage it, and if I’m lucky I will have a glob or two of ecto, but that doesn’t come near to the price of the item to begin with. Nor is it a little disruption.. It’s a huge one..

(edited by LtTiger.4568)

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

We’ll not let this one go, sorry…
I, myself, am quite upset about this whole situation.

Posted by: AcFiBu.9624

AcFiBu.9624

I’m upset with this situation also. I had MF gear on a toon. I decided that because that gear was going to become account bound I would save it for my other heavy armor alt I was leveling and buy new gear for my guard (who had exotic lvl 80 MF gear). If the gear was going to be soulbound I would have just waited. I now have no use for the second set of gear and I’m out 20+gold that I spent buying my other gear.

ANET really needs to fix this issue. I understand it was a mistake. When you make a mistake that screws your customers you fix it, you don’t just say “well, my bad”.

Seveleniumus.5973

Even if they don’t fix this I would at least like if they implemented some way to make soulbound items account bound, at least those, which were previously non-bound/account-bound, I would actually pay gems for those, I would really hate to sell ascended trinkets to the merchant.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-super-adventure-box-back-to-school/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

Don’t worry, they don’t seem to care enough to change all mention of this screw up.

Edit: If you read the patch notes, that paragraph in question (the one that was changed) doesn’t even flow anymore. They literally just added in a line in the middle about the soulbound thing…

This still hasn’t explained WHY my unused MF gear that was stored in the bank is now soulbound TO THE BANK. But not to worry, I got a reply to my ticket!

Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced with the items remaining or changing to soul bound. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com

-.-!

Yay, I got the option to survey this latest ticket response!

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

anybody seen or herd anything new on this?

Posted by: Cipher.8657

Cipher.8657

So a magic find set that cost a lot of effort and gave well over 100+ MF is now useless because you probably already have a better set for combat and all you get for your trouble is 20% magic find account wide. At least give us a recipe to forge the sets to boost us up to like 80% or something higher.

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

I’m still waiting for a response of some kind.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Posted by: Rashamra.5138

Rashamra.5138

I am quite annoyed by the ‘miscommunication’ about the soulbound MF gear staying soulbound and not becoming account bound. I had 2 soulbound MF rings I was hoping to conveniently convert and transfer to an alt.

Just weeks ago, with a slip up like this, Colin would issue an apology and offer to address the matter which was really graceful of him. Unfortunately, such an apology would only be a one-off instance.

This miscommunication about soulbound MF gear and the lack of information about the extent of the karma nerf was a real let down for me in this update.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

It’s starting to affect the in-game economy as well I think, the price of ectoplasm is starting to fall as are orichalcum insignia – a usual sign that demand is falling. The exchange price of Gems for gold is down too (though I’ve not paid much attention to that until the last few days – so that might usually be low when swapping gems back to gold).

It’s interesting too that the most ‘pressing’ map talk I’ve seen over the last week has been in Queensdale (Far Shiverpeaks) about people screwing with the champion train that some commanders run there. No mention of new weapons, crafting or MF – perhaps for the greater part of the playing population this has passed them all by. The conspiracy theory ‘voice’ inside me says this is how Anet want the game to be…

Posted by: Myrnar.7960

Myrnar.7960

I’ve just read in another thread, that the Queen’s Gauntlet Tickets have been changed from soulbound to accountbound.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/And-my-Queen-s-Gauntlet-Tickets-go-to-whom

So Anet, why are you still refusing to do that to our precious ascended MF trinkets?

Posted by: Grene Jello.4651

Grene Jello.4651

Adding my name to the list of people slighted by this issue. It appeared clear pre patch that any items soul bound would become account bound based on the wording of the statement.

Perhaps you were actually trying to warning folks, but in an unclear manner!

You should have told us “Hey, valued paying customer, you know that MF gear you’re holding on to.. sell it now cause its gunna be bound to your account after Sept 6th”!

TBH I’m still not clear the above was how it was supposed to work anyhow, but anyway, please fix this so it does work as per the wording of that statement that the majority of us players thought it was going to be implemented!

sPvP Videos on my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ixigreenixi

(edited by Grene Jello.4651)

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I guessed it was common sense that they only meant hitherto unequipped MF pieces.
Why would they make equipment already belonging to a character suddenly account bound? That would be an entirely different function than making tradeable pieces account-bound for the simple reason of preventing a (minor) economic meltdown by everyone buying up and hoarding MF gear to sell as Berserker’s et al later.
How you want to re-distribute your gear among your characters figures in exactly nowhere in that equation.

Your display of logic is too alien for me.

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

I guessed it was common sense that they only meant hitherto unequipped MF pieces.
Why would they make equipment already belonging to a character suddenly account bound? That would be an entirely different function than making tradeable pieces account-bound for the simple reason of preventing a (minor) economic meltdown by everyone buying up and hoarding MF gear to sell as Berserker’s et al later.
How you want to re-distribute your gear among your characters figures in exactly nowhere in that equation.

Your display of logic is too alien for me.

Because they clearly said that they were trying to find a way to cause as little loss to people with MF gear as possible, that’s why:
I, like a lot of other people, have 2 sets on 2 character, one for combat (like in dungeons or anywhere I cannot fool around) and one with MF wich I use(d) at my leisure, I crafted 2 sets per character because I didn’t want to bug people (or be a hindrance to anyone, otherwise I would have created only the MF set).
Now, as stated earlier, they said that they wanted to cause as little loss possible, then how am I suppose to get anything back from a set of gear I don’t need on that character? The main set is enough for what I need to do and the ex-MF gear is now just sitting in my inventory, because I really don’t need it.
Someone may say “then salvage it”, well it is not “little loss” either…
A CHANCE to drop ectoplasm and a CHANCE to drop dark matter from equipment wich costed 5 globs of ectoplasm and 5 t6 fine materials per piece for the armor (excluding the base materials since were really cheap) or 5 globs, 5 t6 fine materials and a variable amount of orichalcum/ancient wood per piece for weapons?
Not really worth it…
Then there is the ascended gear (wich, luckily, I found a way to use on the character it was bound on), that isn’t even salvageable, how can someone do anything with it?

You may say that our logic is alien to you, well, your is alien to me as well, because I can’t see anywhere how this can be a system developed to assure that we would lose as little as possible… Actually, this system helped those that wanted cheap gear off the TP by buying it before the “fix” kicked in, rather than help those which got their gear for legit reasons (to use it for what it was planned to do from the beginning).