MF items NOT account bound but soulbound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’d like to add another complaint here…

As I have that ex-MF gear on my main, which I don’t need at this point, so I’ve no idea what to turn it into, I keep getting this message: you must change it! Every minute. So, now it’s taking 10 spots in my bank. So, not only did they screw us over with promising us the accountbound MF gear, they also screw us over with bank space as you cannot stop that message.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I’d like to add another complaint here…

As I have that ex-MF gear on my main, which I don’t need at this point, so I’ve no idea what to turn it into, I keep getting this message: you must change it! Every minute. So, now it’s taking 10 spots in my bank. So, not only did they screw us over with promising us the accountbound MF gear, they also screw us over with bank space as you cannot stop that message.

I think you need to do a double check of your currently equipped gear, as I think you will find one of those pieces may be waiting for your input as well.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Souff.2671

Souff.2671

I’m curious, any dev talked the reason why those should be account-bound? Some of those (they said high price items) are still tradable. but the standard is vague. IMO, they should make all old MF items be “Souldbound on Use” again, and remove account bound. So many problem would be solved.

I’m not an english speaker. So my english is super poor. Very SOrry!

Posted by: Kilic Bela.4680

Kilic Bela.4680

put it all in the mystic forge. guaranteed precursor

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I guessed it was common sense that they only meant hitherto unequipped MF pieces.
Why would they make equipment already belonging to a character suddenly account bound? That would be an entirely different function than making tradeable pieces account-bound for the simple reason of preventing a (minor) economic meltdown by everyone buying up and hoarding MF gear to sell as Berserker’s et al later.
How you want to re-distribute your gear among your characters figures in exactly nowhere in that equation.

Your display of logic is too alien for me.

Your “common sense” isn’t very common, but let me put it simply for you.

1. They said they were going to compensate players so that there would be minimal disruption.

2. They boasted that they had us covered—that MF items would become accountbound and we could change the stats on the items.

The end result mostly benefited people who needed cheap Berserker/Dire/etc gear. MF users who were thoughtful enough to have a real set for group situations (and only use their MF for solo or zerg situations) were not covered. MF users who spent laurels on MF gear were even less compensated as they cannot even salvage their ascended gear.

Yes, it may have been necessary to change items to account bound to prevent market abuse, but at the same time, they linked that change to having us covered, which they apparently did not.

Serenity.6149

So a magic find set that cost a lot of effort and gave well over 100+ MF is now useless because you probably already have a better set for combat and all you get for your trouble is 20% magic find account wide. At least give us a recipe to forge the sets to boost us up to like 80% or something higher.

This is over-reaching and there is no point asking for this. The MF set you had cost no more effort than someone else acquiring a full berserker set. There is no reason why your “effort” should give you a 80% boost over someone else who spent the same amount on something different. The most we can hope for is the ability to repurpose the gear for an alt.

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

The most we can hope for is the ability to repurpose the gear for an alt.

I pretty much agree with you. I would consider that fair.

Take your time answering us ANet. I’m finding The Secret World to be a blast. You should see their awesome in-game store!

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Posted by: Erebos.6819

Erebos.6819

Take your time answering us ANet. I’m finding The Secret World to be a blast. You should see their awesome in-game store!

I’ve considered trying out that game for a while. I’ve heard the storyline is awesome.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

I suppose Anet are hoping that if they ignore the elephant in the room, that everyone else will ignore it and carry on as normal while the few that feel very aggrieved simply leave the room.

I understand the feelings you folk have, thankfully I’m not that good a player to have ascended to worry about BUT I do feel that a simple statement of “Sorry guys – we did screw up the patch notes, what happened was what was intended/was a mistake and we’re gonna do something/not do something about it” would go a long way to healing the soreness about this.

To just sit there reading this type of thread and think “Well, if we say nothing it’ll get forgotten” is a silly notion – do ANet not read about this little ‘world’ of MMO’s that they inhabit and the player rebellions in Eve Online for example? It would cost them nothing to say something more on this issue – it might win them some respect back.

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

I, like many others, just want a response at this point. Right now the equipment is just wasting space, I’d like to know if I should just get rid of it or if there will be some sort of fix. Although I do not expect a fix, no response from Anet is giving me hope that I believe to be false hope.

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Well.. I’ve said it before, but I’d really like to know where in all this “as little disruption as possible” comes in.. Cause I can’t find it..

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

Now folk who haven’t played since the patch are logging in to find items returned from Black Lion with ‘Double click to select’ enabled – they do so and the item becomes soulbound and therefore untradeable. Well thought through… :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Item-became-Soulbound-without-equipping-it/2798231

Posted by: Miletus.6312

Miletus.6312

I had a piece of gear I was trying to sell on the TP that had MF on it. It got returned bc of the patch and now it’s soulbound and can’t be relisted. After a week of emails with support, the only thing they told me is that “soulbound items can’t be unsoulbound.” No apology and no offer to replace the item.

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

Well, me and my gf are altaholics (12-13 each) and this has turned into a farse. We don’t play this great game anymore, wich is sad. We spent a great deal rl money on this and this is the thanks we get. To be treated like this, like worthless scum, is beyond either of our understanding. I hope for their own sake, they do something about this, cause things like this is going to make the customers go away.

Suggestion: WHat we all should do, is to open a ticket with this. If everyone does it and keep dooing it until they give us the proper answer and action, i think they will get their heads straight.

Serenity.6149

I’ve considered trying out that game for a while. I’ve heard the storyline is awesome.

I’d definitely consider it as a cheap, online single-player game. There were definitely a few things I didn’t expect and haven’t seen in other MMOs (this is subjective, obviously, but I liked the dialogue, voice acting, and the difficulty level of the investigative missions), but their support might be even worse, amusingly. Small sample size but so far I’m 0 for 2 on getting a response at all. To this day, I have bank slots permanently used up by mail that can neither be cancelled nor returned. =P

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

I still have (ex-mf) items in my bank that are soulbound to none of my characters (was a mf set I made for an alt that’s not 80 yet). My MF ticket has now been closed without a response. Why are we still playing this game with support like this?

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

Each day that passes this will get worse…
Remember that your image is at a stake too (equipment refunded or not).

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah it’s rather wonderful to see how they treat their customers. They just do the whole, ignore them and hopefully they go away, bit. Instead of solving the issue and informing the players, they just ignore us and hope we’ll stop and drop the issue.

Really great customer service here. These are the kind of things that make me quit this game. Complete disrespect for their own players and poor communication.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Margot.6541

Margot.6541

How hard is it to issue an apology?

Topher.1684

I really hope that my items that got souldbound to my bank will have a home someday…

Posted by: hatspixelscake.7506

hatspixelscake.7506

I still have ascended MF on a character that doesn’t need a second set of ascended zerker trinkets. WTB account bound for usefulness.

PS: Is Drakevenom still coming out the Mystic Toilet as soulbound because it used to be MF stats? It surely was before Tuesday.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

How about an explanation why they “can’t/won’t” unsoulbind items.
Which I believe has something to do with not wanting to have to pay for employee’s to do these kind of GM fixes that other games have employee’s that can do this. You know the GM’s that when you make a mistake and use that games feature to report it, within the next hour the GM pm’s you back and talks to you personally about what problem you are having and will usually fix it on the spot. Since Anet if free to play I don’t think they want to pay a staff of this kind of employee, but if they charged a sub maybe they could pay for this kind of expenditure.

This does not make for the best customer service and can make a game rated 10 seem like a game rated 6.

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

I’m really disappointed. And what was the aim of that dev. post? He said nothing about this problem.

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Would at least be nice to get a reasonable explonation to why they first lead everyone to believe that the mf-gear (ALL mf-gear) would become account bound, to later say that the soulbound mf-gear never were meant to be account bound (it was after all there, in the patch-notes, before they seecretly changed it after the patch) ..

And they should come with an appology for the missleading information they’ve given about this prior to the patch. I don’t think this is two much to ask for after the BIG fail in information given.

Though I have a feeling we’re being ignored on this whole mf-gear subject..

Posted by: Souff.2671

Souff.2671

Anet, I have a brainstorm. If you dislike to change those binding, just change those rarity to legendary.

I’m not an english speaker. So my english is super poor. Very SOrry!

Demon of the Light.7961

Please folks, keep this thread in the realm of reasonable :asd:

As for me, I’m still waiting AT THE VERY LEAST for a response and an apology, the opportunity to be able to use the equipment for something else rather than salvaging would be REALLY nice, but it was over 2 weeks that they don’t even bother to respond, so the actual probability for that to happen is slight at best.

Let me repeat though: I’ll not let this go until someone responds into this thread with a complete explanation and apology, because a message saying just “Oh, that was a miscommunication, let me fix the text because we never meant that” is not a proper excuse for such an error, or a truly explanation of why the things are like this either.

However, looking at those pages, I start to guess that my requests are out of the “realm of reasonable” too, right? Otherwise there would be NO JUSTIFICATION for being ignored like this.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I think they moved on, it was a slight chance they’d do something the first week, but now, it’s pretty much a done deal.

Topher.1684

I still have ascended MF on a character that doesn’t need a second set of ascended zerker trinkets. WTB account bound for usefulness.

PS: Is Drakevenom still coming out the Mystic Toilet as soulbound because it used to be MF stats? It surely was before Tuesday.

Drakevenom is still account bound. I got it as a drop with Assassins stats….and Account bound.

Edit: Did they give any reason why certain gear can contain celestial stats, and others can’t? or why they didn’t just give us the ability to choose any stat combo in the game?

This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired.

Why can I choose Assassin’s and Apothecary stats, but not dire/rabid/celestial? Correct me if I’m wrong, but Assassin’s was one of the last stat combos added to the game…

(edited by Topher.1684)

Demon of the Light.7961

Edit: Did they give any reason why certain gear can contain celestial stats, and others can’t? or why they didn’t just give us the ability to choose any stat combo in the game?

This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired.

Why can I choose Assassin’s and Apothecary stats, but not dire/rabid/celestial? Correct me if I’m wrong, but Assassin’s was one of the last stat combos added to the game…

This depends on the MF stats type rather than where you got that piece of equipment, from my understanding:
If it had Power, Precision and MF (like the set which could be crafted) then the selection is limited to the stats combo obtainable from a crafting profession, if it had other combo (like the set from CoE which had MF, Condition Damage and another stat I can’t recall, dunno if there were others) then any from all the stats combo could be selectionable.
As for Assassin’s stat combo being selectionable in the “limited list”, it depends on the fact that Assassin now overwrite the old MF crafting recipe and stats, I guess.

Topher.1684

This depends on the MF stats type rather than where you got that piece of equipment, from my understanding:
If it had Power, Precision and MF (like the set which could be crafted) then the selection is limited to the stats combo obtainable from a crafting profession, if it had other combo (like the set from CoE which had MF, Condition Damage and another stat I can’t recall, dunno if there were others) then any from all the stats combo could be selectionable.
As for Assassin’s stat combo being selectionable in the “limited list”, it depends on the fact that Assassin now overwrite the old MF crafting recipe and stats, I guess.

I was kinda thinking something like that…but you can craft celestial gear. I simply don’t understand why they wouldn’t just give us the option to choose any stat combo available to us (this is more towards rabid gear then letting me get celestial gear).

Demon of the Light.7961

I was kinda thinking something like that…but you can craft celestial gear. I simply don’t understand why they wouldn’t just give us the option to choose any stat combo available to us (this is more towards rabid gear then letting me get celestial gear).

You can craft celestial gear, true, but it requires specific recipes and time gated resources (in contrast to other stats combo… Infact sentinel’s stats combo is not disponible too).
As for the reason behind such a limited pool of stats combo, I guess that is because it was easier to acquire to acquire crafted MF gear in contrast to the only droppable/buyable MF gear, so making the crafted one be able to become a droppable/buyable only stats combo may have been seen as too “easy”.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Since this thread has had a response, and the thread is continually bumped, we’re going to close it. Please remember that thread bumping is against the Forums Code of Conduct.