MF items soulbound?

MF items soulbound?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kodora.9684

Kodora.9684

Hi,

Had 2 ascended rings with MF – stored them in my bank since they had a reset in terms of stats and were now account bound.
But today, as I wanted to select stats and equip them with another toon, I noticed that they are soulbound to the character that stored them in the bank?
Is this a bug or working as intended?

Thanks.

Kodora/Arodok/Mingshu [SoW] mes/war/guard – Fort Ranik

MF items soulbound?

Posted by: Demon of the Light.7961

Demon of the Light.7961

As stated by a QA team member in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/MF-items-NOT-account-bound-but-soulbound/first MF items were always meant to be soulbound if they already were prior the patch, and that the fact they wrote otherwise was “miscommunication” on their parts, one which they decided to clarify only after the patch even if they knew there were a lot of people which misunderstood the situation.
Since that last response we hadn’t anymore.

MF items soulbound?

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

As stated by a QA team member in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/MF-items-NOT-account-bound-but-soulbound/first MF items were always meant to be soulbound if they already were prior the patch, and that the fact they wrote otherwise was “miscommunication” on their parts, one which they decided to clarify only after the patch even if they knew there were a lot of people which misunderstood the situation.

That thread got shut down with a statement that the answer had been given already. Even though people are not happy with that answer as it was kind of a slap to the face so to speak.
It reminds me of when I used to bank with a certain bank and they had been charging me for checking even though I met the requirements to have free checking. When I confronted them about it they said that they could not refund me all the money they had taken from my account, without my permission I might add.

I told that bank if they did not want a lawsuit, they would promptly refund all monies plus interest and the fee for an overdraft which was the reason I found out they had been taking my money to begin with. The lady then got the manager…..who had to get the district manager….who had to get with his boss which I don’t know what his title was but at that point I could care less.
He wanted to know why I thought that I should get interest back and I told him that if I had overdrawn my account, his bank as it did in this situation, would not see it a problem to charge me a fee. If it was not my fault that something like this happened, why does he think that the bank itself should be free from a fee when they have made a major mistake. I told him, you had possession of money that was rightfully mine and you make money by loaning money, where you charge interest. For six months you have made money off money you stole, the money that you made from that money belongs to me since you did not have my permission to use that part of my money towards loaning, and that part of my money was not secured in my account.

As it turns out, Yes they did refund the money and the fee for an overdraft and paid interest back to me for holding my money in position where I could not get to it, all without going to court. He apologized using words like “I and me” took full responsibility for the mistake and did everything in his power to make the situation right even if it meant they had a loss. Yeah its a good story of how a business made a mistake and fixed the problem and acknowledged the mistake, but it took me arguing with 4 or 5 different people to get the one who would take responsibility and fix the problem.

So who is next on the totem of managers at anet….You can shut down threads or change post covering up the mistake and send out bans all you want, but in our minds this problem won’t just go away as you think it will. And this is why I quit banking with that bank as even though I got back what was mine, the damage had already been done. Every time I made a deposit I would remember what they did and it angered me every time I had to do business with them.
Of course I do realize, that I own nothing in the case of the MF gear, and I might be addicted to playing the game so trying to issue a boycott of some course will probably not be successful, but I can assure you that I can withhold my urge to make purchases in the gem store with real money. That is of course you use the ban hammer to make a point of me and my insistence that a simple fix would resolve a lot of discontent.

Also you are not allowed to bump threads and good enough reason to shut down attempts to discuss something that Anet has made their mind up to not fix.

(edited by Gummy.4278)

MF items soulbound?

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

I’m getting fed up with the silence – it’s been weeks now since Magic Find items were removed from the game… Last night I did some crafting on my Huntsman and made a Level 30 rifle – it appeared in my Inventory with the message “Double click to set the stats” (at which point I LOL’d) but it also told me that it was now soulbound and accountbound so I could neither sell it to the merchant or on the Black Lion!?!?!

Why does this happen? did you not update all the crafting recipes? We shouldn’t be able to craft such items using mats in the process that we now lose because we can’t salvage only destroy? There’s even been an update since the patch that removed MF too and yet still this? shakes her head in disbelief

MF items soulbound?

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

They also Soulbound a number of items that were not soulbound before (I, for example, have souldbound gear in my bank that non of my characters can take out. I have never deleted a character other then my open PvP character slot…who has never bought or crafted any kind of gear (or taken anything from the ah). The 2 tickets I have submitted so far (as well as that post that was closed) has only been answered with

Thank you for contacting us once more regarding the issue you were experiencing with the recent changes in Magic Find.

Issues like the one you reported often are complex to resolve, and the time it takes to fix them can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

…so…expect a resolution (one way or the other) in the next few years….sadly.