Mad King Says Fails To Give 3 Key Fragments

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

Perhaps I misunderstand the awarding of the daily key fragments for Mad King Says; however, I’ve done the event 4 times today and have only been granted 2 key fragments. The first time I did the event, I arrived late and was only able to get 10 stacks of the buff, thus earning 2 key fragments. The other 3 times I did the event, I got all 15/15 stacks of the buff, but was not awarded my 3rd key fragment.

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

Posted by: Mistweaver.7430

Mistweaver.7430

I’m having this same issue, and apparently for the same reason. It seems we are being flagged as having collected the daily max, but with only 2 fragments.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

same. I’ve done the event 3 times

first time i was standing nearby and was afk. When i came back i wondered what they chests were, i didn’t realize anything was happening. and when i was rewarded with a key i was happy that being afk got me something. totally unintentional

2nd time i did the event i answered all the “mad king says…” questions correctly but still only got 1 key.

3rd time i did the event i noticed the buff and got15/15 but got nothing from the event? and buff says only 3 keys can be earned per day. but i’ve only gotten 2 so far in the last 24 hour period?

This event is glitched and needs a fix asap!

Attachments:

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

15 stacks, just 2 fragments.

At an earlier show today, I went afk to wait for the king but got back a bit late and missed the first part. I had 8 stacks at the end but didn’t get any key fragments.

Not working as advertised.

Posted by: Christina.4976

Christina.4976

Today I had the same problem. First time i came a little late and although i had 6 stacks i didn’t get any fragment. The second time i had 13/15 and i got 2 fragments. The third time i had 15/15 and no key fragment!! Never got the 3rd one. So i guess it assumed that i got one the first time which i didn’t.

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Had the same. I had 2 keys from previous games where I came late, did a whole game today, had 12 stacks of the buff, and got nothing. :P

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I arrived late to a game and got two fragments a few days ago. Since then I have done at least one round a day with max participation and gotten three more fragments, leaving me with two each time. (I am not sure if I tried again in the same day as when I got the two).

Based on forum discussion, I went back in today and got full participation but no key parts. I did do it at reset last night so I’m flagged as having completed it for this time frame.

It’s no big deal to me, I’ll throw out the excess fragments when the festival’s over if they can’t make a key and just live with having looted the chest one less time than I might have. I’m reporting it here to aid in any bug fixing.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It’s no big deal to me, I’ll throw out the excess fragments when the festival’s over if they can’t make a key

I would advice to not throw away any leftovers if you can store them. Having 1 key that was leftover from last year saved me from having to do the even one more time today xD

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Same problem here. Last night I ignored Mad King Says a couple of times but was close enough to be counted as participating (I was at the TP). Both times I got one fragment. Then when I tried to get the third, I got nothing. I tried several times, but for naught. So effectively I got locked out of that daily and its rewards and am carrying around 2 key fragments I may never get a third for.

Posted by: sunshinefuu.6914

sunshinefuu.6914

I arrived late to a game and got two fragments a few days ago. Since then I have done at least one round a day with max participation and gotten three more fragments, leaving me with two each time. (I am not sure if I tried again in the same day as when I got the two).

Based on forum discussion, I went back in today and got full participation but no key parts. I did do it at reset last night so I’m flagged as having completed it for this time frame.

It’s no big deal to me, I’ll throw out the excess fragments when the festival’s over if they can’t make a key and just live with having looted the chest one less time than I might have. I’m reporting it here to aid in any bug fixing.

It’s a big deal to me, I paid full for both the game and expansion, plus who knows how many gems and would like my game to not be broken for the ENTIRE Halloween event.

This exact thing happened to me, I didn’t receive full participation once despite getting all 12 stacks which left me with two keys. Which means that was 10 minutes of my time for an incomplete reward. NOW I’ve wasted three more events trying to do Mad King Says and intentionally keeping it from 4 to 7 to give me only one key and he will not. I do not intend on deleting the excess in order to fix the issue, that’s not right. That’s not what I paid for. I want to be able to participate the way the event says I can in order to level out my key count. As far as I’m concerned this bug has already now cost me 3 keys, so that’s two chests I can’t open. Bug report already submitted, please fix.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Perhaps I misunderstand the awarding of the daily key fragments for Mad King Says; however, I’ve done the event 4 times today and have only been granted 2 key fragments. The first time I did the event, I arrived late and was only able to get 10 stacks of the buff, thus earning 2 key fragments. The other 3 times I did the event, I got all 15/15 stacks of the buff, but was not awarded my 3rd key fragment.

I haven’t gotten a key several times when I did all of the event. I should have one for each day and I do not.

It seems the game is not keeping track of individual “have you done this” in the database.

Not the first time but most damaging since it’s a very limited event that should, by all rights, be much longer.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Just had this happen to me. I came in late to a Mad King Says earlier this morning, and didn’t have enough time to get 4 stacks for a fragment. In the next round I went back and got 14 stacks, but only 2 fragments were rewarded. In the most recent round, I did not get my third key fragment despite having enough stacks for 2.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Kakera.3195

Kakera.3195

I logged into Lion’s Arch close enough to be counted as participating in the event but not even on the plaza itself, so I was forced to partake anyway. I failed one emote since I wasn’t close enough to hear what the Mad King said, then I got 6 stacks due to the short remaining time and received nothing. Figured maybe it only gives fragments if you get all 12 stacks at once, so I did it again just now to get all 3 fragments. I got all 15 stacks this time, so by all means that should be 3 fragments, but I only got 2. What happened to that 1 fragment? It’s not in my bank, in my bags or anywhere else. And for the record, the “participating” range is really way too big if this kind of bug is going around, since it prevents people who are just hanging around from getting their daily key.

If your post starts with “how dare” then you can be assured I’ll disregard it.

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Similar to others, the other day I started playing late , only enough stacks of favor to get 2 fragments. Thought I could make up the 3rd fragment later. Played twice more, no fragments even though 12+ stacks of favor. Now I got 2 useless buggers in my inventory.

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

What I don’t understand is: If we’re not close enough to hear his dialogue, why the eff are we within range of the event? Kinda kittenty planning on ANet’s part. Either that, or they’re trying to kitten off people by interrupting them while they’re at the bank or trading post.