Mad Memoires: Complete Editon Wardrobe Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

According to the update notes, all skins that have multiple stages to them (Spinal Blades, legendary weapons) should unlock all the lower tier skins associated with the item.

This isn’t true of the Mad Memories: Complete Edition. The first part of this backpiece isn’t unlocked, even though I have the complete version.

Just thought I’d put this out there. Thanks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Mad Memories items are not part of a progression. You don’t need the one to unlock the other. That seems to only apply to items created with recipes.

CETheLucid.3964

The Mad Memories items are not part of a progression. You don’t need the one to unlock the other. That seems to only apply to items created with recipes.

You needed the Mad Memories to make the Mad Memories: Complete Edition. You couldn’t make the final version without it. I don’t see how that wouldn’t apply.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, you needed to complete the quests. You could have opted not to accept the reward, and gone on to finish the other quests. You could have destroyed the first edition, and gone on to complete the other quests. You did not need the first edition in your possession or inventory to obtain the second edition.

Again, progression applies to items used in recipes.

CETheLucid.3964

No, you needed to complete the quests. You could have opted not to accept the reward, and gone on to finish the other quests. You could have destroyed the first edition, and gone on to complete the other quests. You did not need the first edition in your possession or inventory to obtain the second edition.

That’s not true. You did in fact need Mad Memoires to make the Mad Memoires: Complete Edition.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/26/gw2-shadow-of-the-mad-king-mad-memories-act-2-guide/
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Memoires

Having the complete version should unlock the lesser version(s).

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You needed to complete the first set of quests, to unlock the second set. Regardless, it is neither a bug, nor something that is considered a progression item. No recipe was used in the creation of the Complete Edition.

If you had had to relinquish the first volume to create the second volume, it would, indeed, be a progression. But, you did not.

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

I had both in the bank, so I didn’t have to fuse the first one with another one to create the complete edition. They are two separate items..

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

That’s not true. You did in fact need Mad Memoires to make the Mad Memoires: Complete Edition.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/26/gw2-shadow-of-the-mad-king-mad-memories-act-2-guide/

Perhaps, but it was non-destructive. You still had the earlier version after the complete edition.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

CETheLucid.3964

Perhaps, but it was non-destructive. You still had the earlier version after the complete edition.

No. That isn’t true. I remember fairly clearly that you did need Mad Memoires to get the Mad Memoires: Complete Edition.

It was an item progression. I have Dulfy and the wiki telling me the same. Anet can determine what’s what. We’ll be abiding by that.

I’ve no interest in arguing the point any further than I already have. I reckon it’s a bug. If it’s not, well, that’s that.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

No. That isn’t true. I remember fairly clearly that you did need Mad Memoires to get the Mad Memoires: Complete Edition.

It was an item progression. I have Dulfy and the wiki telling me the same. Anet can determine what’s what. We’ll be abiding by that.

I’ve no interest in arguing the point any further than I already have. I reckon it’s a bug. If it’s not, well, that’s that.

I guarantee you that it was non-destructive as I kept both versions, and have both unlocked in my wardrobe.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Regardless of the details of whether it was destroyed or not, it would be sensible for them to treat it like a progression item. Unless they’re planning on putting the skin in the gem store in the future it wouldn’t cost them anything. It’s not tradeable or anything like that, obviously, so you couldn’t profit off of getting rid of it early (outside of saving a bit of bank space, and given how they treat gem store armor skins where you only need to have 1 piece remaining to unlock the set, I don’t see that as an issue here). And of course there’s no way to cheat the system because you couldn’t get CE without at least having earned MM.

It makes sense why it wouldn’t have been included automatically with the progression stuff. It would be nice, and reasonable, for them to go ahead and add it though now.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It doesn’t make sense, because as has been said, you had to have the book before you could continue, that was part of the story. You received both via mail, so it wasn’t removed, however, it would have been if they had implemented this today.

I believe Arenanet has said this and some other skins will be corrected, but I do not remember where I saw this stated.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I guarantee you that it was non-destructive as I kept both versions, and have both unlocked in my wardrobe.

This. It wasn’t used in a destructive recipe, as most ‘progression’ items later on were.

I still had both items on my engineer. I actually had specifically only the completed flamey edition on my Necromancer.

I honestly don’t remember why my necro had only the complete edition, it’s entirely possible I simply destroyed the original, or it wasn’t needed (and thus not at all a progression item).

Either way, it’s probably just an oversight and a bug.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!