Magg bombs bug path 2 COF.

Magg bombs bug path 2 COF.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Please, please, please fix the Magg bug at the part where you give him bombs.
Seriously, it has been there since launch.

What happens? Magg walks to the wall instead of where he is supposed to and stands there. If you have a new group and fail bombs (typically because someone didn’t wait to activate).. during the second attempt he will tend to NEVER accept the bombs and thus require an instance reset.

How to tell if it will happen? He will walk to the wall during the first part where you can activate him and have one foot raised against the wall after the first fail attempt.

Why is this a priority bug? It requires the entire instance to reset, wasting our time and making sure that people have a bad taste in their mouths about guild wars 2 dungeons.
If you won’t add new dungeons, fix the bugs that break things in the ones that are there and are easily fixed! This would be rated a “show stopper” bug.

How can you fix this with minimal development time?
It.. really is easy. I have developed games before so don’t pretend it isn’t. Just add a check to make sure he is in the right spot and if not make him walk there. Make sure he stands away from the walls and in the same spot every time and this will NEVER happen again from what I am able to discern.

Which walls does Magg like to hang out at? He likes to hang out to the left and in the oval shaped part of the preceding hallway. If not there, he will hang out to the right of where he normally would stand. Both times against the wall.

Why should the devs care? Well, lets face it, bug fixes look good on paper and make players happy. That being said, most fixes require alot of work. This one would require -minimal- amounts of work for your fancy bug fix text on the release notes. So, hey, almost free applause! Larger easier to fix bugs should always see priority in development because it is common sense. As a result, I am vexed as to why this bug wasn’t fixed long ago.

Alright, thanks for reading. I think I’ve covered everything. I have read forum posts since launch about this bug so it really should have been fixed more than a year ago. It would have shown up in bug testing if more/higher quality preliminary testing was done before release. Thank you.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)