Magic Find % in Hero dialog

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: valSe.9743

valSe.9743

Q:

I noticed that since last major patch the Magic Find number in the Equipment tab of Hero dialog isn’t counting the % from Achievements: is it a display bug?

Cariddi | Sylvari ele | Gandara

Posted by: Ryan Diederich

Ryan Diederich

Gameplay Programmer

A:

There’s definitely a bug here. The achievement bonuses aren’t being applied.

This is unrelated to the display bug where magic find while having a boon doesn’t show up in the stats screen.

Thanks for the report!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It may be affected by this Anomaly:

As with all other attributes, the total Magic Find is not always correctly displayed in the hero panel, e.g. under the effects of banners or guild buffs, the additional increase provided by food will not be included in the total. However, ArenaNet has confirmed that the correct amount is applied when you roll for loot.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_find

Posted by: valSe.9743

valSe.9743

It always showed correctly for me until latest major patch though, I usually check it multiple times while playing; also, a friend confirmed the same glitch (representing different guild).

The thing is it’s missing the % from Achievements, not something temporary like the food/guild/outnumbered buffs, or the booster… Hopefully it’s just a display bug.

Cariddi | Sylvari ele | Gandara

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the point was…even though it isn’t displaying it may be counting towards your total Magic Find, just like the anomaly quoted above.

Unfortunately, there is no way for us to know. I’m sure the Devs will look into it.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Bump. Tested the achievements magic find/karma %/experience boost in fact do not currently work as intended.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

I’ll bump this aswell for you, as it seems very unlikely Anet will spot this unless it’s kept under their attention.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Can confirm, I have 138% MF from luck, 7% from achievements for a total of 145%, yet it shows only 138% in the hero tab.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I don’t think it’s just a display bug, because my karma and XP bonuses are definitely not being applied. I know exactly how much karma I usually get from finishing a renowned heart on a level 2 character. I normally get 99 karma including my 10% bonus, for the past few days I’ve only been getting 90 karma. So the magic find is most likely not working as well.

LionZero.3479

I’ll bump this again, even if the odds of this being noticed here anytime soon, and a fix being made for it fairly fast are somewhat slim, it would be nice to get our ap bonuses working again ^^

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I don’t think it’s just a display bug, because my karma and XP bonuses are definitely not being applied. I know exactly how much karma I usually get from finishing a renowned heart on a level 2 character. I normally get 99 karma including my 10% bonus, for the past few days I’ve only been getting 90 karma. So the magic find is most likely not working as well.

If none of the bonuses are working, I anticipate a much better chance of it being fixed because there is a demonstrable error. If it was just MF% applying, there’s little way the player could verify it.

Posted by: KidB.7592

KidB.7592

same here…noticed yesterday that 7% missing due to achievement bonuses being omitted and would imagine this is what our computers total when assigning said amounts….conclusion,we are being robbed of the perks we have earned

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

As with all other attributes, the total Magic Find is not always correctly displayed in the hero panel, e.g. under the effects of banners or guild buffs, the additional increase provided by food will not be included in the total. However, ArenaNet has confirmed that the correct amount is applied when you roll for loot.

In fact, I have never seen it as an anomaly but as a feature. When you are under effect of a buff (food, guild banners, boosters, etc) the number on Hero panel is showed in green, like when any other stat is also under effect of a buff. However, in these cases the number showed has been always greater than the one in Achievements panel (number on Hero panel would be your normal MF as on Achievements panel plus any buffs applied).

However, people are reporting the opposite: the number on Hero panel is lower than the one on Achievements panel, then this is what seems to be a bug.

Btw, since it’s formated in a different in a different color I wouldn’t say it’s an anomaly, it’s a feature like when a trait is applied and the tooltips show some items in a different color to show it was affected in some way.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

Same noticed it today. I have 96 from luck and 4 from achievements = 100, but under the attributes it only shows 96. Note I don’t have any banners/food/infusions/etc.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In fact, I have never seen it as an anomaly but as a feature. When you are under effect of a buff (food, guild banners, boosters, etc) the number on Hero panel is showed in green, like when any other stat is also under effect of a buff. However, in these cases the number showed has been always greater than the one in Achievements panel (number on Hero panel would be your normal MF as on Achievements panel plus any buffs applied).

However, people are reporting the opposite: the number on Hero panel is lower than the one on Achievements panel, then this is what seems to be a bug.

Btw, since it’s formated in a different in a different color I wouldn’t say it’s an anomaly, it’s a feature like when a trait is applied and the tooltips show some items in a different color to show it was affected in some way.

Perhaps, you should consider editing the Wiki. =)

I have to say that this particular bug, now after additional posts, does not seem to be associated with the anomaly posted in the Wiki. But, if you feel the anomaly discussed in the Wiki is incorrect, as I said, feel free to edit it. The Wiki is, after all, maintained by the players.

Posted by: Omaks.6475

Omaks.6475

The same problem, 5% Magic Find for achievements was gone.
I wrote bug report in GW2 support, waiting for information from them. Also I advise you to report about this bug in support, not here on the forum. The more bug reports, the faster they will react this bug.

(edited by Omaks.6475)

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

My magic find from luck is 226% and 4% from achievements. I remember it showing as 230% in my attributes a little over a week ago, but now its showing as 226% in attributes. Is anyone else noticing this?

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

…the display bug where magic find while having a boon doesn’t show up in the stats screen.

So, important question- is the bug that the additional magic find while under the effects of a boon simply does not show up in the UI, or is the bug such that this magic find is not being granted at all?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Roguefire.8174

Roger any ETA on patch fix?

shadow.6174

Perhaps, you should consider editing the Wiki. =)

[..] But, if you feel the anomaly discussed in the Wiki is incorrect, as I said, feel free to edit it. The Wiki is, after all, maintained by the players.

Hehe, yup I’ll check that. I have been helping with wiki lately. I just had never seen that wiki page about it then I wasn’t aware it was considered an anomaly. Thanks for the info.

shadow.6174

@Ryan Diederich: Thanks for acknowledging it. By the way, while talking on this subject and as it seems to be still on topic, could you or some dev give some highlight about the aforementioned and supposed anomaly? Is it really an anomaly or what else?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Thanks for the quick acknowledgement!

Posted by: Nostrabobus.2913

Nostrabobus.2913

Bumping here too… My base is 130%, another +7% from Achievements, I have a +20% infusion on one of my items and my Guild has a +10% boost running which totals 167% but the display shows only 160. Looks like the Achievement bonus has been ignored. Does this need to be reported separately or should the ‘patch to come’ address the issue

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Question:

Looks like the Achievement bonus has been ignored. Does this need to be reported separately or should the ‘patch to come’ address the issue

Answer:

There’s definitely a bug here. The achievement bonuses aren’t being applied.

Thanks for the report!

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

LionZero.3479

Good to see this has been acknowledged, now it just needs to get fixed ^^

Roguefire.8174

While your at it could you show magic find on food that requires boons… even if the amount toggles on and off when boons expire. I feel as though this issue is well over due.

Just as this isn’t right, not being able to see the food visually have effect on stats is concerning. Seeing is believing.

Posted by: Uaon.6103

Uaon.6103

Its not just magic find its all account achievement bonus’s,karma gold xp mf xp since last patch.I sent in a report immediately as have many of my friends.Its been one week and still no fix has been implemented!

Roguefire.8174

Wow, I’m amazed they haven’t announced a fix date… that’s a pretty big deal.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It will go in the next LS patch. They’ve done this before. It’s probably already been fixed, vetted, and is ready to go, but they’ll wait for the LS patch. Category S or game-breaking bugs are generally fixed and patched in ASAP if they know how to fix them, but because this doesn’t necessarily break the game they’ll likely just wait to roll it out with the next update.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: veggies.2178

veggies.2178

A guild mate noticed his magic find has been nerfed by 14 points, and for me about 12, please fix this bullkitten asap, not making people happy in my guild at all.
We earned it and deserve a fix for it.
Until you fix no one in my guild will buy a thing from your expensive piece of kitten gem store.
Since you can take the time to “fix” and update crap black lion chests, surely this wouldn’t be that hard at all to do within 1 day.

Axyd — [TWIN]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A guild mate noticed his magic find has been nerfed by 14 points, and for me about 12, please fix this bullkitten asap, not making people happy in my guild at all.
We earned it and deserve a fix for it.
Until you fix no one in my guild will buy a thing from your expensive piece of kitten gem store.
Since you can take the time to “fix” and update crap black lion chests, surely this wouldn’t be that hard at all to do within 1 day.

Surely they would have fixed it already if it was easy as suggested — if for no other reason, than to reduce the number of grumpy posts on the forum.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

LionZero.3479

Didn’t see a fix mentioned for this in the patch notes, guess i will see once it’s live wether this is fixed yet or not, 2 weeks ap bonusses not working is longer then expected however.

After logging in the magic find seems added on again which means it’s likely fixed however haven’t tested yet with xp or karma.

(edited by LionZero.3479)

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It’s been fixed. Verified on karma and XP gain.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari