Magic Find on transmuted gear. Could it be bugged?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gryphus.6943

Gryphus.6943

Hi, some weeks ago I crafted (tailor + artificer staff) the tier 400 Magic Find (explorer) set, and combined with magic find jewelry I noted a drastic increase on better quality drops, specially on select crafting materials (bones, claws, venom sacs, and all that things). Almost all mobs gave me one of those.
The average quality of gear drops was also improved from junk trophies and whites to blue-green and even regular yellow drops.

As I do not like the appearance of tailor male exotic armor I transmuted it with the tier 1 of cultural human armor last week.

Since then, I’ve found that the quality of the drops is back to the previous state, as if I wasn’t using any magic find gear, apart from the rings/pendants I stil wear, but the change to worse has been pretty evident.

I would like to ask if there is some bug on the transmuting system which doesn’t properly set the Magic Find stat to the new item, or everything is fine and I’m only having bad luck (Or Cognitive-Bias :P )

Thanks for your help

Posted by: fakjuol.5349

fakjuol.5349

Experiencing the same.Today transmuted my pvp set with pirate runes for the medim armor for gems and have same issuse..junk sometimes blue.. 110 mf.

not one, not two

Posted by: Gryphus.6943

Gryphus.6943

Bumping the thread to see if anyone else is experiencing this

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

MF works perfectly fine when transmuted, i did this a few days ago with crafted MF set + skin bought from the TP. I farm cursed shore and have been getting a gold drop + T6 mats almost every event. Prior to the transmuted set, i never saw a gold drop.

You might be getting effected by the anti-farm code the game has implemented or just having plain bad luck. (Although they recently eased on it, it still might be there somewhat)

Another thing i have noticed which might be part of the issue is the amount of damage required to acquire a drop. If you are not tagging a mob with enough damage then it might not yield a drop or give a cheap trophy instead of a green etc.

I really think a dev should explain how MF works and if there is a max % after which you gain no additional benefits.