Mail vanished!

Mail vanished!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ladyosheep.3548

ladyosheep.3548

After the Lost Shores finale, me and my guildie decided to swap rares that we’d got as rewards so we had armour that was suitable for our classes. I mailed him a heavy armour piece and it’s never arrived. I definitely typed in the correct name as I double checked it, and the mail went but he never received it, so it’s mysteriously lost in the ether I guess.

Mail vanished!

Posted by: Dagoh.3482

Dagoh.3482

Are you sure the mail was send succesfully and not received an error message? Double checked inventory for the Item?

Admin of GW2NL, the biggest Dutch-Belgian Community – http://www.gw2nl.nl

Mail vanished!

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Also did your friends mail was not full (max 10 mails at a time (not including system mails like dungeon and story mails)), if that is the case he just need to delete a few mails and any mails he would have in queue will arrive right after

Mail vanished!

ladyosheep.3548

Yes I did check that it sent, I wouldn’t have reported it as a bug if I still had it! I’ll tell him to delete some mail messages though, thanks

Mail vanished!

ladyosheep.3548

Update: He said his mail box was empty and it’s not arrived so guess the game ate it

Mail vanished!

Posted by: Bugbear.9652

Bugbear.9652

A couple days ago a very nice exotic item with a rare rune in it dropped for me. The rune was worth about 5 gold. So I sent it to my boyfriend in the mail so that he could extract the rune with his Black Lion Salvage Kit so we could sell it and split the gold.

Problem is, he never received the item and I definitely don’t have it in my inventory. We made very sure that his mailbox was empty before I sent it. It just vanished in the mail.

Obviously I was very upset. This bug meant that 5 gold went down the drain because the item was lost in the mail I contacted support multiple times, was very polite and patient, and the final reply was that they are unable to restore any items that have gotten lost in the mail.

I don’t understand? Why can support not return the item that went missing because of a bug in the game? It seems really unfair People will be losing many valuable items with no way of getting them back.

Please can something be done. If the bug cannot be fixed then can support at least find a way to replace items that get lost as a result of this bug in the mail system? I’m now to scared to send anything via the mail because it will go missing.

Mail vanished!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m sorry there are items that haven’t gotten to their destination; that sounds very frustrating.

The first thing to do is to file a ticket with support; the people who read the forums can’t do anything to help, except to forward the general concern to the dev teams.

The second thing is to make sure that support understands that the item was sent and ask them to check on the status. In the past, I’ve read posts where the tech team was able to find out why the mail hadn’t arrived. There’s a difference between the game “ate the mail” and “the mail is stuck in the queue.” I don’t know if there’s a solution to the former, but the latter is more likely and can be fixed.

Finally (and this applies to Bugbear who has gone through step #1 and at least half of step #2) is to escalate your ticket, either by posting in Gaile’s escalation thread or asking the support team to do this. Sometimes the first person or two trying to help a customer doesn’t understand all the nuances and sometimes they aren’t aware of all the tools available to ANet. Either way, it can be helpful to talk to the next person up the support chain.

(Escalation thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/50#post701034)

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mail vanished!

Posted by: Bugbear.9652

Bugbear.9652

Thanks very much for the advice Illconceived Was Na. I will definitely give that a try.