Mail with attachments causes disconnect

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sinkes.5086

Sinkes.5086

Not sure if this is a bug or technical issue for Tech Support, but I’m consistently disconnected whenever I try to send a letter with an item attached.

I tested to see if sending a letter by itself caused a disconnect, and the letter was successfully sent without a disconnect.

The letters with attachments do not go through and I keep the item, but I’m disconnected and returned to the character select screen.

I’m given code=1022:5:1:874:101

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried -repairing the client, in case of corrupted file(s)?

Top/Bottom of Page – Support – Search (Repair)

Good luck.

Posted by: Rickard.7596

Rickard.7596

I am also receiving this issue. My buddy can send me items no problem and I can send coin and mail but just no items.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Could you guys try the following and let me know if it works?

1. Completely close the game
2. Go to temp folder by going to start/run, type in %temp% and hit enter
3. Browse to the folder gw2cache-(###). Example: “gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)” 
4. Delete the whole gw2cache folder
5.  Restart the game and see if this resolved your issue

Edited for formatting.

(edited by GM Awesomeness.8619)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Could you guys try the following and let me know if it works?

1. Completely close the game
  2. Go to temp folder by going to start/run, type in temp and hit enter
  3. Browse to the folder gw2cache-(###). Example: “gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)”
  4. Delete the whole gw2cache folder
  5. Restart the game and see if this resolved your issue

Just a note about that. Somehow the forum has hidden the % sign in the post. The proper way is to enclose “temp” with %.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Thanks shadow, I didn’t catch that in my preview. Fixed!

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Sorry to bump an old thread but we have an open bug on this. Is it still happening? If so what are you mailing? We’re having trouble reproducing the issue.

thanks!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

A friend of mine tried mailing me potatoes yesterday and he crashed every single time he tried to send them.

It apparently stopped after someone else sent HIM a mail with stuff attached. I’m not sure though.

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

That is really useful information, thank you! I’ll give it a shot with potatoes though I"m sure it’s not that simple. If your friend could get me information, or at least be ok with giving me his character name, that would be helpful in tracking down what is going on.

thanks!

Posted by: Multigun.9871

Multigun.9871

Hi there,

My sister is having the same issue on her computer. Here are a list of things I attempted

1) Repair Client (Possibly unrelated, but she also wasn’t able to do any Heroic Point Events prior to me running the Repair Client shortcut. Now she is able to)
2) Deleted the folder out of temp as suggested on this topic
3) Tried receiving several items and then sending out items as another poster suggested
4) Tried sending to somebody else
5) Updated Network drivers
6) Adjusted Firewall of Virus Protection to ensure maximum availability (shouldn’t matter anyways. She and I running the exact same software on the same network on Windows 10).
7) Deleted a bunch of old mail she had

None of the above fixed the mail issue. Everytime she tries to send something in the mail, the game crashes to the character login screen with an error code. I’ve attached a screenshot of the code.

Probably also unrelated but I know how the QA thing works, every bit of info helps. Anyways, when she created her character a few days ago, I mailed her several (probably between 5-8 mail) of full attachments (Dyes and bags for her new character). I sent so many I was blocked several times by the anti-spam feature.

Character name is Treowan

Attachments:

(edited by Multigun.9871)