Malchor Leap-Skill Point Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nuprin Feelgood.9257

Nuprin Feelgood.9257

Hi everyone.

We understand your concerns and how annoying this bug is for your gaming experience. The team is fully aware of this issue and working on a solution so we would like to ask you for a little bit more of patience. It is indeed important to get it fixed so it will not be forgotten.

Hopefully this is the case with ALLthe bugged SP’s in the game, the list is pretty long…

“Sticking feathers in your butt does not make you a Chicken.” — Tyler Durden

Similarly, equiping a legendary weapon does not make you a legend.

Posted by: Ander.7598

Ander.7598

Thanks for the red post.
I can’t see what is taking so long, seriously. However, if it’s so hard, just removing the point (or not making it count for map completion) should be easy enough and not a big deal.

Posted by: mShugura.5397

mShugura.5397

Still bugged in Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Nariko.8142

Nariko.8142

We have been patient – its been over 2 weeks now that that skill point is bugged! Is great to know that its being worked on….. Next patch is 24. Sept. midnight (Tuesday) – lets see if it gets fixed now or if it is gonna take another week or 2

Posted by: Raynh.2480

Raynh.2480

On Dragonbrand, this SP has been bugged for 7 days now… Do we really have to wait till maintenance and then scramble when the servers come back, hoping to get this skill point? 7 days is far, far, too long. I don’t understand the difficulty in fixing this. Add a script that if the sp location hasn’t been acquired by a player in the past hour or 30 minutes to make it respawn. Yeah its a bandaid solution, but these bugs seriously impact on character progression.

Posted by: gassyjoe.2308

gassyjoe.2308

Hi everyone.

We understand your concerns and how annoying this bug is for your gaming experience. The team is fully aware of this issue and working on a solution so we would like to ask you for a little bit more of patience. It is indeed important to get it fixed so it will not be forgotten.

I agree with the previous post. Patience went out the door after the 2nd week of this not being fixed. To date I have 5 maps that I am sitting at 98% because there is 1 skill challenge on each that is bugged out.

Posted by: Ander.7598

Ander.7598

Just remove the bugged SP… It’s not a big deal and will let the folks have completion. You can work them in back later.

Posted by: steiner.5012

steiner.5012

I really hope they fix this soon, its frustrating having multiple maps stuck at 98% because of bugs like this.

Posted by: Nez.5764

Nez.5764

Gonna keep an eye on this so hopefully someone mentions when it’s fixed.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Really hoping the patch update comes out tonight.

Posted by: FlawlessRuby.1907

FlawlessRuby.1907

How to they say it in this game: Urge to kill raising!
If this doesn’t get fix soon X_X

Posted by: Laxen.5931

Laxen.5931

Seems to be fixed, atleast for now! Go grab your skillpoint:)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Sometimes it doesn’t give you the skill point after you defeat it and sometimes it doesn’t spawn right after the defeat, but it pops after some minutes and you can try it again.

Posted by: scals.2036

scals.2036

Just finished the SP on Tarnished Coast!

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

Can anyone confirm this has been *actually* fixed and not only temporarily remedied by a server restart, so those of us who couldn’t grab it in the middle of the night now won’t waste any more money on pointless teleports just to find it missing again?

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

Posted by: SpectacularYak.6518

SpectacularYak.6518

No idea. It worked at 5:00 AM PT this morning on Tarnished Coast. Best I can offer you. Will it break again? Given their track record I will pessimistically say “oh, probably”.

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

Well, I gave it a try "just in case" and I can confirm the skillpoint still works after what it has been like, 8 hours now? Constantly melting under barrage of blows and shots (if the mechanics made it possible, there would be literally a queue of people forming to get it, it’s a fun sight), but as of now it’s always respawning in the right place.

Based on that, I’d say it *maybe* has been really fixed.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

No idea. It worked at 5:00 AM PT this morning on Tarnished Coast. Best I can offer you. Will it break again? Given their track record I will pessimistically say “oh, probably”.

I also did mine on Tarnished Coast at about 6:30am PT. I can at least confirm that the failure to respawn issue is fixed. My guess is that it is probably still subject to the same bugs as the other skill points are and that it will eventually get “stuck” at some point, though.

I do appreciate ArenaNet finally addressing this issue and hope they fix whatever’s getting the skill points stuck in the first place soon.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Paedan.5632

Paedan.5632

I’m still not seeing the skill point NPC at Bayt Fallahin, has it been fixed yet?

Thanks.

Posted by: Asteriea.2905

Asteriea.2905

Well, 2 of my 6 pending “99% Complete” zones were fixed. :P

Yay!!

Shadow Belle
Impenetrable <IMPN>
Anvil Rock

Posted by: Aerel.6471

Aerel.6471

Still bugged in Darkhaven…This is unreal.

Posted by: Sennar.2309

Sennar.2309

Working on ring of fire EU just complete today the map.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Posted by: Joha.3758

Joha.3758

Working on Gandara [EU].

Throw the rules out of the window, odds are you go that way too.

Posted by: Notrub.6925

Notrub.6925

I can confirm the skill point is working on Stormbluff Isle. I even stayed and help 7 others do it to make sure it was resetting. This was at 9PM Eastern time.

Posted by: Lunkin.3854

Lunkin.3854

Still bugged on Elona Reach [DE]

Posted by: Galuddyn.5873

Galuddyn.5873

Still bugged on Borlis Pass…sad is all I can say.

Posted by: JPalli.3690

JPalli.3690

Still broken in Anvil Rock.

Posted by: Joemo.6074

Joemo.6074

Just remove the skill point from the game 2 weeks, no fix. If you cant fix it just remove it.

Posted by: Heff.4928

Heff.4928

I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed. Did you guys go on vacation maybe? If so, do you think you might give this one a look when you get back? (I hope you had a nice time anyway.) I mean, this thread is kind of large so lots of people are affected.

Just for the record, BORLISS PASS: STILL BROKEN

Posted by: Indrid.2738

Indrid.2738

We are a month after release and still multiple Skill Challenges constantly stop working. It is ridiculous and the most frustrating issue I’ve encountered in any MMO, totally halting character progress. Especially since it has been an issue for so long. Either:

1) Fix them
2) Replace the buggy NPCs with Commune challenges until you fix
3) Restart servers every 24 hours so people have a chance to get them

Shambles. You keep saying you’ve fixed them and the exact same thing happens.

Posted by: jazzking.3128

jazzking.3128

i am having the same issue the person who started this post has
i am tried for days without any luck >.<

In server Aurora Glade, Malchor Leap 75-80 near Bayt Fallahin(point of interest) there is skill point didnt work since 2 days its gonna annoing beacuse nobody report this…
Cheer for fast resolve it xd

Posted by: Artphul.1403

Artphul.1403

Eredon Terrace still bugged…..

Posted by: Aramil.8524

Aramil.8524

Still bugged (Aurora Glade EU).

Posted by: BoiBato.4829

BoiBato.4829

Still bugged : Blackgate

Almost a month, and you haven’t fixed the issue.. wake up ArenaNet!

Boibato | Asura | Guardian | Blackgate

(edited by BoiBato.4829)

Posted by: BoiBato.4829

BoiBato.4829

I can confirm the skill point is working on Stormbluff Isle. I even stayed and help 7 others do it to make sure it was resetting. This was at 9PM Eastern time.

This is 100% true..

Boibato | Asura | Guardian | Blackgate

Posted by: Khayne.9716

Khayne.9716

Has this issue been closed? I’m on Sorrow’s Furnace server, and have tried several times over the past few weeks to complete this skill point (located in Malchor’s Leap, in Karst Plains, directly east of the Plaza of Lights POI) but have never once seen an NPC…

I’ve stood around and waited several minutes multiple times hoping someone might have just downed it, but nothing ever appears. This appears to have been bugged for an extraordinarily long time if this was opened 5 months ago.

Is this not bugged for anyone else?

Attachments:

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Has this issue been closed? I’m on Sorrow’s Furnace server, and have tried several times over the past few weeks to complete this skill point (located in Malchor’s Leap, in Karst Plains, directly east of the Plaza of Lights POI) but have never once seen an NPC…

I’ve stood around and waited several minutes multiple times hoping someone might have just downed it, but nothing ever appears. This appears to have been bugged for an extraordinarily long time if this was opened 5 months ago.

Is this not bugged for anyone else?

Server: Yak’s Bend
The npc for this skill point is no where to be found. I stood around waiting to see if it would spawn without success.

Aha found it…down on ground level directly north of the tent through the next room and on the left. It is a fight before you can actually commune with it. But it took me a while to find this and I just stumbled on it by accident looking for someway to get up to the Vista on top…lol

Screen shot is after I killed the enemy npc and his minions. Was a Vet but did ok with my bear and dog.

Attachments:

(edited by lynspottery.6529)