Male Charr sounds like a girl

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ReRixo.1960

ReRixo.1960

The game’s cool and all but my Charr has the voice of a female Charr for in game stuff. My character has the correct voice when in cut scenes, but when in game and your character makes those little comments it’s the voice of a female Charr I hear. It’s weird.

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

I have a similar issue as a male asura, every now and then certain lines will be said in a female voice. Im pretty certain it is coming from my character.

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

To quote the demoman from TF2 about Charr Engineers,

“That’s a nice Bra changin’ station ya got there ye big ugly GERL!”

In all seriousness, I don’t experience the same issues as a female Asura or Norn. I think it might just be with males, and it’s a real minor bug.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

confirmed, my male norn sounds like a woman when he get crippled

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

confirmed, my male norn sounds like a woman when he get crippled

Maybe your norn is a women! </asuras hate norns for some reason>

Posted by: McNutter.7498

McNutter.7498

I have a male asurian mesmer and i get all race of voices coming through from skill actions and being attacked. have to be honest tho not to fussed about this minor bug being fixed just want to turn it off. I know i’ve activated such a skill and yes the way my HP is dropping and i’m aware i’m in combat :P

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

I have found quite a few npc’s that use dialog from a different sex or race but i have never heard it from my characters

Posted by: Monarc.9726

Monarc.9726

This has happened to my human male, sometimes my voice emotes are as a female human. It’s an obvious bug but doesn’t happen that often.

Posted by: Heimdall.2705

Heimdall.2705

Not sure if this is the same thing or not, but my female Sylvari Ranger makes these super-high-pitched squeaking noises (Like what I’d expect out of a female Asura, maybe) when she gets hit by anything, or is hitting things in melee combat (sword, greatsword).

It doesn’t match her normal speaking voice in pitch at all (which sounds lower, both what I hear in conversation cutscenes and when she says clips ingame). I’m hoping this isn’t intended, because it’s kind of distracting to have this normally british-sounding woman making anime-girl squeaks and so on.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

My male Sylvari occasionally belts out something along the lines of “Go on, hit me, I dare you!” Except it doesn’t sound like him at all. The voice itself is different, and the accent is, too. It really sounds like an odd JFK impersonation. I don’t know if it’s some other character’s sound file, or if it actually is a recording of the male Sylvari voice actor that just came out sounding off.

Earlier today, he also said “you ready?” in an entirely different voice, with a generic American accent. I’ve heard it before on male human NPCs, it sounds a little similar to Crispin Freeman and therefore definitely is not the male Sylvari voice, the pitch and accent are just completely off.

Posted by: MissBehaving.9837

MissBehaving.9837

My female Charr makes real loud male screams when it falls to the ground, it is definitively not a sound a female would make. I jump around a lot and it does it every time it falls a little bit too hard. v.v Kinda gets annoying, but I can live with it.

Posted by: matenzo.9518

matenzo.9518

same here. Male Norn sounds like a female whenever he speaks outside of the cut scenes (like when he’s crippled). Grunts and stuff sound male though.

Posted by: VanderBeltLegacy.4736

VanderBeltLegacy.4736

i heard my female mesmer screech out in a males voice a few times when getting crippled/falling of a cliff

Posted by: schweeneh.9536

schweeneh.9536

It seems like the randomizer that chooses the voice sample isn’t working properly. I’ve had the wrong voice sample play on all my characters. The ones I can recall are:

Male Charr Warrior: Human male and Asura Male “Go Faster” samples have played when I use my Charge ability.
Male Human Engineer: Female human “Go Faster” sample has played when I use the elixir that gives swiftness.

Posted by: Anscenic.3268

Anscenic.3268

getting same thing here. human female uses male voices on some conditions and boons. very wierd. i thought for a while it was someone near me, but then i noticed it happening when i was all by myself.