Map completion statistics not correct

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Spekingur.1062

Spekingur.1062

There are quite a few threads about map completion bugs. Mine is a bit different.

I have got 95% map completion. The areas I have left to complete are two WvW maps. All other areas are 100% completed. When I open up the map the map completion statistics are not correct.
http://i.imgur.com/FXebW8E.png

The areas I have left WvW do not account for all the missing POI, Skillspoints or Vistas. Revisiting areas does not change anything in that list.

Along with this one of my Explorer achievement seems to be bugged, possibly related to this.
Ascalon Explorer is at 150/176 while all others are 1 or 2 areas from being achieved. This tells me that the server possibly didn’t count at least one map for the statistics and the areas.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Map Explorer achievements work differently to map completion (which is finding all POI, Skill Points, Vistas etc.) The Map Explorer achievements are determined by the number of unlocked white-named areas on each map, like Wildflame Caverns, Haivossen Kenning, Thaumanova Reactor etc.

Therefore, I’m guessing that you’ve completed each map, but on several maps you’ve missed discovering some named areas. Map Completion does not always take you to all of the named areas; you need to use a fully completed map as reference, or just be very thorough in your explorations.

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

caves with no poi’s are usual suspects