Map population change button

Map population change button

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I was in Metrica Province in the Inner Inquest Complex. I got a notification that the map population was low, but given that I was in combat decided to delay it for an hour.

I left the Inner Complex using the asura gate, planning on map switching once on the other side. However the button to switch disappeared entirely. I continued with my map completion, and an hour later I was in Desider Atum clearing inventory when I suddenly got a loading screen for Metrica Province. Booted from the low population map into one with more players.

I don’t mind the forced map change, I was warned about it. It turned out fine, as I was not in combat at the time. However the loss of the button led me to believe that the asura gate at the cave had actually switched the map for me. After all, there is a loading screen.

I believe the loss of the button to be a bug related to the loading screen (within the same zone), but I don’t know if the same bug would occur with normal waypoint travel across the zone. It may be unique to Metrica Province due to the asura gate.

Edit to add:
And it turns out that the button does disappear for normal waypoint travel. I got a low population notification while getting a skill point in Wayfarer Foothills. Again, since I was in combat opted to delay it. Used a waypoint, and… no more button.

Though in the latter case I made a quick trip into Hoelbrak and back out, and I was not forced to change maps later on.

(edited by Nkuvu.2570)