[March] Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

For sylvari, if you equip the tier 2 warden coat, with the tier 1 arborist pants, part of your glow will disappear. If you look at where the two armor pieces meet, there’s just a solid color where my sylvari’s glow should be. Both armor pieces are transmuted.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mech.2905

Mech.2905

Race: Charr
Gender: Male (though it seems to be present with females as well)

When a Charr character runs with a one-handed weapon in hand, they “choke down” on it. This happens with all weapons models, and seemingly only in the right hand.

This happens with ALL one-handed weapons, for both Male and female characters

Attachments:

(edited by Mech.2905)

Posted by: darkleo.6572

darkleo.6572

Male Charr Warrior

Exotic heavy karma leggins from Orr Temples

Not sure if it’s a bug or not, but I noticed that they don’t have that cloth thingy on the back of the armour, maybe because of the tail. Just adding that part would turn out really weird (probably the reason it’s missing) so maybe a solution would be bending that part of the “belt” that is missing a bit upwards accommodating the tail and spliting that cloth in two with the tail in between, fitting a lot better. Just my toughs.

Another bug would be the about the footprints. Same Charr.

When running with greatsword drawn (did not test other weapons) or on all fours, only shows one footprint wich is also backwards. When walking, the footprints are on weird directions and if the Greatsword is drawn there are none. When walking backwards, they are fine. (can’t get them right with screenshots )

Attachments:

(edited by darkleo.6572)

Posted by: MastaPanda.5781

MastaPanda.5781

The CoF pauldren’s refuse to show themselves, even when the option to hide them is unchecked. I don’t know if this is a bug that only happens with asura, or with other armors but thought i would post it anyway.

Attachments:

Posted by: Georc.2958

Georc.2958

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Class: Necromancer

When wearing the crafted “Feathered” armor chest piece and pants, a seam forms on the abdomen of the model. I know mixing and matching armor pieces will sometimes causes problems but these are pieces that were meant to go together. I am currently wearing mixed pieces of armor, but I tried putting on all feathered pieces and the seam still exists.

Attachments:

Posted by: Xynxycs.6718

Xynxycs.6718

Sex: Male
Class: Ranger

Medium Cultural T2 Wrangler armour

Armour texture issue.

Specifically the leggings. There’s a gash on the waist where it would usually be hidden under the rest of the armour set. I got this by trying to mix different charr cultural armours. Sorry about using the preview box, it’s a little harder to see there.
Thanks for your diligence, Anet!

Attachments:

ST.A.G.‘s Let’s Play of GW2! Cherck Erm Uurt!
http://www.youtube.com/user/StandardActionGaming/videos

(edited by Xynxycs.6718)

Posted by: Skippy.8013

Skippy.8013

Race: Norn
Sex: Female
Class: Warrior

PvP Guild Heavy Armor is similar to PvP Banded Armor, excepting the Guild Tabard on the chest plate, and the tabard’s part on the leggings (skirt.). On my Male and Female Human the armor sets look very slightly different, but it’s nearly impossible to tell without wearing (previewing) one then switching to the other. On my Male and Female Norn, however, the two sets have, depending on the piece, different placement and scaling, resulting in a noticeable size difference between individual pieces.

Human Female Banded Armor
Human Female Guild Armor
Norn Female Banded Armor
Norn Female Guild Armor

Attachments:

Posted by: AZSolii.9451

AZSolii.9451

Class: Guardian

So, I think I may have found a graphical bug that bothers me more than the red lines on the Duelist Armor (which are still there).

My character’s eye texture is off, leaving that infamous red line along the edge of the iris. As seen below.

It is BARELY noticeable, and one can barely see the hint of red in the eye, but in game, it’s pretty solid and clear.

On a hilarious note though, it’s making my eye twitch.

Attachments:

Posted by: PPie.4576

PPie.4576

Race: Charr (Male, have not tested to see if on female)
Class: All (tested on Warrior, Guardian, Ranger, Mesmer, Elementalist, and Necro)
Weapon: Certain Mainhand weapons (Mace, axe, sword, scepter)

All of these weapons seem to “slip” out of my character’s hands while moving with them unsheathed. I have noticed this bug since I played a Charr, and it has kept me from using most one handed and Mainhand weaponry.

First picture shows the static, non-moving positioning.
Second picture shows the moving, “slipping” positioning.

Attachments:

Posted by: Palton De Nomin.7984

Palton De Nomin.7984

So I have something minor. When I am play a Charr character and I am running through snow, the footprints are backwards. This had been happening since day one, and like I said its really minor. Just wanted to bring to someone’s attention.

Attachments:

Posted by: AidenWalker.2019

AidenWalker.2019

Race: Charr, Male
Issue: Armor dye texture bug
Item: Heritage Warplate (Hall of Monuments heavy chest armor)

Portions of the armor are stuck on a shade of red regardless of what the dye color is set to. Additionally, one of the dye slots colors a square U shape on the front of the breastplate, cutting across what had formerly been separate dye-able portions of the armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: acidfreecoke.2638

acidfreecoke.2638

For the heavy cultural armor (tier 3), the shoulders and helm’s cloth doesn’t flap like the leggings does and I’ve noticed that females have everything in motion. It’s not a big issue but would be nice to see it looked at…

Attachments:

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Probably been mentioned 1000 times over and over but still not fixed so here we go again.

Citadel of Flames: Heavy and CoF: Medium armor doesn’t re-skin Charr characters to have the obsidian/molten/charred/burnt/flaming skin (hands, legs, and tail) as the CoF: Light does.

Please fix this. Been this way since day 1. We repeatedly ask.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Posted by: Fenrir.7408

Fenrir.7408

Race: Charr, Male
Issue: Armor dye texture bug
Item: Heritage Warplate (Hall of Monuments heavy chest armor)

Portions of the armor are stuck on a shade of red regardless of what the dye color is set to. Additionally, one of the dye slots colors a square U shape on the front of the breastplate, cutting across what had formerly been separate dye-able portions of the armor.

Every single time there’s a patch, I log in, hoping this particular bug has been fixed. Arenanet, I love Guild Wars 2. I love the beautiful universe you’ve created, and I appreciate all the work that goes into you patching and working on this game. I know you can’t fix all errors, but I’ve heard this particular bug has been around since november. it was NOT around on release.

Attachments:

(edited by Fenrir.7408)

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Race: Charr female (slimmest build, tallest height)
Class: Any that uses shields and/or kits
Item: Any kit bagpack, shield

Any shield or engineer kit bagpack floats on the back of my Charr. You could fit an entire extra shield in the empty space.

Attachments:

Posted by: duyanh.5014

duyanh.5014

Arah legging armor and Charr cultural t2 boots

The photo shows the issue. When Charr character use greatsword, Charr cultural t2 boots has clipping issue with Arah legging armor

Attachments:

Posted by: Dark Enforcer.5136

Dark Enforcer.5136

[Guild Armor Revisited]
Race: Sylvari
I know people have posted this back in January and again this month, but I wanted to add my observations. It appears the right half of the Guild Emblem appears Mirrored on the front and the left half appears mirrored on the back (see pictures). Now I asked one of my fellow guild members to see if they could see it, and they confirmed it as well. Just to note, this occurs in the both the PVE and PVP open worlds. As always, thanks for making this great game and working hard and keeping it great.

Attachments:

D
[HILI] Caffinated
If it smells of coffee, looks of coffee, but just blew up; blame it on us. :D

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

Female Charr Mesmer

Staffs and other 2 handed items seem to float in midair off my back. This happens with EVERY armor set I’ve tried and EVERY two handed item (Greatsword/Staff). I keep waiting for it to get fixed, but since it hasn’t, I figured I would report it.

This seems to be an issue where there are two physiques for female Charr with the same weapon mount point. One physique has a hunchback, and the other is normal (me). I’m assuming that the root of the problem is that there needs to be a separate back weapon mount for each set of physiques.

Attachments:

Inir [CAT]

Posted by: Warcheese.9048

Warcheese.9048

Class: Guardien

Severel Clipping Issues with “Inquest Legguards”

Attachments:

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Race: asura
Profession: thief
Armor: Inquest medium armor
The armor can be bought from Peacemaker Srimm in Lion’s Arch with tokens obtained at the Crucible Of Eternity dungeon.

I’ve found two more bugs related to the inquest medium armor.

First one (PVE version of the armor only): the helm icon is the wrong one. The Furnace Helm icon is displayed instead of the Inquest Helm one. The pvp version of the armor has the correct helm icon displayed. I added 2 screenshots to illustrate the issue.

The second bug is a minor texture bug/clipping issue. This clipping issue is visible mainly when the char is out of combat. I added a few screenshots to explain the issue.
This second bug is related to asuras only. There’s no clipping when the armor is worn by other races.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Many greatswords drag their tips into the ground when a character is standing still. This happens on MANY races, not just the shorter characters. In this case, I have Khrysaor, the Golden Sword and a minimum-sized female Asura. It only needs to be raised a teeny bit on her back and/or shrunk further in size when stowed.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Data: all same as in this post

Issue: to put it simply one of two reported issues was fixed and it’s highly appreciated, but now my ele’s body looks disproportionately too large for her head - it seems like model’s waist was thickened a bit too much. Which made me chuckle a bit, my first thought was "wait, did she gained weight during those few months offline?"

I know that this doesn’t matter in the end, but I preferred the previous mesh. This outfit is classy, and I really love it, but the skirt is already "puffy" enough and now without the waist it looks like... a marshmallow, for lack of better word, and, like I mentioned, it creates a disproportion when head’s size is taken into account.

Also I see many reports of seams on female casters waists. It seems like it affects all human female light armor users?...

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Fjandi.2516

Race: all
Profession: thief
Basically every weapon set with a pistol and a different weapon mainhand/offhand is bugged. It looks like the character is wielding as offhand exactly the same weapon he/she has as mainhand. If the character has, let’s say, a pistol mainhand, his/her offhand will have exactly the same appearance, like he/she was wielding another pistol in his/her offhand. The bug occurs when the offhand weapon is different and one of the weapons is a pistol. It’s not easy to explain this, so i’ve taken some screenshots to describe the issue better. This is a really annoying bug considering the fact it’s related to the whole thief class.

Attachments:

Fjandi.2516

Race: asura (i’ve tested it for humans and it seems the bug does not occur, not sure about other races)
Profession: thief/engineer

The offhand pistol in a dual pistol weapon set is dislocated, not in the correct position. The difference is really noticiable. Also the animation of offhand skills is also bugged. During those animations the pistol offhand moves completely out of the hand.

Attachments:

Posted by: Soulfury.3280

Soulfury.3280

I want to know when they plan on putting the rest of the weapons that show off your guild crest on the guild weaponsmith vendors list. I spend all that influence on unlocking it and they barely put half of the weapons in the game on the list. Anyone know when/if they plan on putting the rest of the weapons on there.

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Race : Asura

There is a clipping issue with T3 Light cultural shoulders as they are no longer visable when wearing the full set.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

Posted by: Ryk.9174

Ryk.9174

Human Male Thief
This glitch affects the hair strands of this particular hairstyle and makes it look glitchy like it was oversharpened (I’ve disabled FXAA and SweetFX)

The problem is that in-game, it looks worse than as it was during character creation. FXAA sort of aleviates this but it still looks pretty bad because detail is still lost

3rd picture is how it appears with a total makeover kit

Attachments:

(edited by Ryk.9174)

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Class: Elementalist/Mesmer/Necromancer
Armor: Flame Legion Gloves

With CoF gloves equipped, I do not hold my weapons properly. My character uses the same animations that I would use if I was unarmed, without any weapons equipped at all. Mainly this means that my fingers don’t grip my daggers and are instead open palmed, with the weapons just kinda floating there. Staffs have the same sort of problem. It’s difficult to get a good angle on it for a screenshot, but it’s pretty annoying.

Attachments:

Posted by: Diesel.7048

Diesel.7048

race: human
class: necromancer/light armor
armor: human T3 cultural pauldrons & Honor of the Waves coat

The coat clips through the pauldrons near the shoulders. Even when the coat is removed, the character’s bare shoulders still clip through the pauldrons towards the back.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ace.7063

Ace.7063

Armor: Mending Chest Plate (obtained from level 59 story mission) – transmuted

You cannot dye the primary color to anything other than the primary color when you equipped the armor. You can change it and it will update in the preview window (within the hero menu), however when you return to game it resets to the original.
Clicking the dye remover still updates the preview but does not take effect upon returning to the game.

Posted by: Foxhard.8560

Foxhard.8560

Race:Sylvari
Class:Guardian
Armor:Starter

Problem is in the sylvari eye customization..i noticed that whenever you try to customize an Iris size or other options with eye customize,something wierd happen and one eye is other color and looks really crazy(Though you can’t see the difference in character creator,only in game).Here’s the screenshot.

Attachments:

Posted by: shalev.1694

shalev.1694

Class: Ranger

Weapon art issue: the bows Azureflame and Aether sit too high and too far right when stowed out of combat, this issue has been around since game launch.
I’ve met quite a few people with either of these bows, and all had the same problem.
Race or Sex of character have no effect on this issue, and as you will see by the pictures posted, armor has nothing to do with these bows and where they sit when stowed.

I realize some art issues in this game are harder to solve than others, but these exotic skins are one of the most beautiful for their weapon type, and as a Azureflame user myself, I’d like to see these weapons properly visualized.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sannhet.8745

Sannhet.8745

Weapon art issue (placement)

Class : Warrior/Guardian/Ranger/Mesmer/Thief

Description: One handed weapons held forward in the hand (Swords/Axes specifically) are held normally at the crossguard or the center of the handle when standing still, but when fighting or running the hand slips back for some reason, causing your character to hold it by the very end of the hilt – both unwieldy and an eyesore. This has happened on every Charr I’ve ever tried to make, and is the sole reason I only have one.

Attachments:

(edited by Sannhet.8745)

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Didn’t see an [April] version of this thread.

The issue is with either the Whispers Leggings or the temple top armor in Orr or a combination.

Female
Human
Necromancer

I’m getting the line across the back. Very similar to the bug where the cut used to be across the stomach from the winged pants.

Edit: I’m also getting the cut in the back with the winged pants as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: Serpanlakwa.7019

Serpanlakwa.7019

I have this issue with my asura guardian where all his weapons is held in his wrist.I checked on my charr warrior to see if he was affected with any clipping issues and there was none.I also created a new asura to check and all of their weapons equiped inside their hands..My asura’s hand seem to be having clipping issues with some gauntlets also especially the T1.It seems my asura guardian is the only asura getting affected with this clipping issue and was hoping a fix on my asura’s hand.

Attachments:

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

While this doesn’t affect characters, I would still like to post what I see are considered errors with NPCs and their weapons. I’m not sure if this warrants its own thread, but eh, it’s still art related, kinda.

1. Logan using a mace in CoE dungeon. Picture 1 is related, was nabbing a shot of me with Logan and then realised he was using a mace. Lorewise, he is meant to have used a hammer prior to joining the Seraph, afterwards, he used his brother’s sword. Unless there is something I missed plotwise like he dropped his sword into the lava rescuing Rytlock or something, he should still be using it.

2. Doern Velazquez from the Order of Whispers. In the splash animation welcoming you to the Order of Whispers, he, along with everyone else, are wielding Whisper’s Secret weapons (in particular, the Whisper’s Secret Greatsword). See picture 2. HOWEVER… every time we see him from then on, he’s always wielding a human cultural tier3 weapon Seraph Greatsword.

Attachments:

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

The new Rox’s Quiver Set, it’s not close enough to the body, especially when viewed from the side, on both NPC and player models.

Attachments:

Posted by: ZackCC.3965

ZackCC.3965

Profession: Guardian

Just bought the guild tower shield, but its placement is off.
Placement should be way lower than it is right now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I got so excited when I noticed that the fellblade icon was fixed in PvP. Then I checked PvE and my happy face went to a sad face.

I’ve been dying for this fix for a very long time now.

Attachments:

Fjandi.2516

The new Rox’s Quiver Set, it’s not close enough to the body, especially when viewed from the side, on both NPC and player models.

This happens with every quiver in game (also with other back items and even with stowed weapons), not only the new rox’s quiver. This bug doesn’t appear with bigger body types, only with lean bodies. Those items are designed the wrong way, it seems like they are at some fixed distance from a point, not where they should be (attached to the back). Basically if your character’s body is large enough, it will “fill the gap”. If it is too lean, then the bug appears. As you can see this is way worse on my lean asura. I’m not crafting a quiver for this reason

Attachments:

Posted by: sbbee.9726

sbbee.9726

The heavy pants from Sorrow’s Embrace, Dredge Legguards have a bugged graphic for male Sylvari(Maybe more races, i havent checked them all)
The backside ‘flap’ lies over the metal plates on the sylvari, unlike the human model where it goes under.
I attached both the bugged sylvari look, and the intended look.

Attachments:

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Sex, Race, Class:
Male, Charr, Engineer

Item with the problem:
Pact Tower Shield

Transmuted Y/N?:
Yes

Attachments:

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

`Braham’s Shield clips with Aegis effect.
See pics. Human male.

Attachments:

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Posted by: enLight.1695

enLight.1695

Primeval Warplate (Gem Store / Heavy Chest Armor)
There is a hole, in both sides of the chest piece, where the armpit meets the breastplate. You can see through the character. (See Screenshot 1).

Nobleman’s Legguards (Caudecus’s Manor / Heavy Leg Armor)
When weapons are drawn, there is clipping between the loin cloth and the legs and torso (in the front and back). Which areas are affected depends on which weapons are drawn—such as sword/shield or longbow. (See Screenshot 2). I don’t know how much can be done about this without messing up the visual of the armor.

Attachments:

Khazghul – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Class: Thief

On the first picture everything is normal but on picture two is bad grasp the sword when moving(this problem is on all one hand weapons dagger/sword etc) and on picture three is sword after attack(double sword animation for two seconds),

Attachments:

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Class: Engineer

On an Engineer if you have a Jetpack and use Kits. When you equip a kit, your backpack changes to the correct kit one. However as soon as you use an ability you end up with the Jetpack overlayed on top of your Kits Backpack.

I’m playing a Human Engineer, and the bug appears on all 5 of the kits

The Decorative Molten Jetpack is tranmuted onto an Ascender Fractal Capacitor [Infused] version.

Attachments:

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Profession: Engineer
The Hidden Pistols toolbelt skill animates wrong. As you can see, the pistols used during it are being held at a 90 degree angle for some reason (the actual skill still works properly).

Attachments:

Posted by: BlueFrog.3261

BlueFrog.3261

Profession: Mesmer

Issue: backside of CoF light pants (aka Flame Leg Guards) has clipping issues.

Doesn’t matter what other pieces of armor are being worn together with the pants. the issue appears even when only wearing the pants.

Note: When wearing the CoF light chest piece (which replaces whatever pants are being worn and has the same model as the CoF light pants) the issue doesn’t appear.

Attachments:

Albino

Posted by: HungryWolf.4517

HungryWolf.4517

The exotic focus Wisteria seems to defy gravity while stowed on the waist; it does not hang like similar-shaped foci, e.g. the Accursed Chains or Spirit Links. The character in the screenshot is a female sylvari necro (no armor or other weapons equipped), but the focus is in the same position when previewing on all the other race-sexes. Wisteria can be looted from the reward chest of the “Defeat the great jungle wurm” event in Wychmire Swamp, Caledon Forest.

Attachments:

Posted by: HungryWolf.4517

HungryWolf.4517

The perch of the Super Staff clips through the shoulder and any equipped armor when stowed. The character in the screenshot is a female human ele, but the same issue can be seen on other race-sexes, excepting the norn female and sylvari male. The Super Staff Skin is sold from Moto in Rata Sum.

Attachments: