Mariners Horn

Mariners Horn

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Nobody can hear it in WvW, its this intended?

Yes? Then I want a refund please.

No? I wait for fix

Thanks for response

PS. Says nothing about it in description of the item.

EDIT: Some people can hear it, but some don’t.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

(edited by Magnetron.5823)

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Memphisjz.1405

Memphisjz.1405

The only reason i bought this was so i could blow the horn in WvW when a tower was under attack or something… So either fix the horn tooltip and refund those who bought it, or just fix it so they can hear it in Wvw

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to use the horn while moving

Hylo Hammerswing [AoA]
Treb Master of the Shiverpeaks

Mariners Horn

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

The only reason I bought this was so I could blow the horn in WvW to annoy the ones that die and want to spy instead of respawing.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Mariners Horn

Magnetron.5823

Hello?

I bought from your store, why don’t I get someone replying?

Do I have to send a ticket about this?

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

There are several threads about this in the forum. I guess it is intended (just like in case of the choir bell) so you can’t (un)intentionally give away your zerg’s position and also because of trolls just trying to disturb…

Regarding refunds, I think you will (if at all) be more successful via ticket.

Mariners Horn

Magnetron.5823

Well they should consider adding this to the item:

The sounds will not work in WvW.

For now, I just keep it to support Anet.. and I can do the starwars theme song :P

1543285432854342 (for someone who want )

Mariners Horn

Rayti.6531

Thx for sharing the song. I also managed to play some songs on it (Bash the Dragon, Indiana Jones, some Zelda songs, Tetris, etc. so mainly those standard songs that can be played in major…), maybe I will write some of them down too. .

Unfortunately you have to play most things quite slow… It even feels slower than the choir bells… But maybe that’s just how it feels because of the cast bar…?

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet, please don’t change the Horn. There is no reason it should work in WvW at all.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Janson Smalling.1850

Janson Smalling.1850

Next

Hey guys!

Thanks for the reports. We apologize that the Marriner’s Horn didn’t work the way you expected it to. We didn’t intend for the behavior you’re seeing to happen. We’re working on a fix now, so please keep that patience!

Thanks for playing!

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Hey guys!

Thanks for the reports. We apologize that the Marriner’s Horn didn’t work the way you expected it to. We didn’t intend for the behavior you’re seeing to happen. We’re working on a fix now, so please keep that patience!

Thanks for playing!

Thank god it was a bug! The whole reason I bought the horn to begin with, was for being able to use it in WvW. I’m a huge fan of big battles and where the usage of horns are used for intimidation to the enemy and for motivation to your own forces.

I wanted to use the horn in a similar fashion like right before entering battle vs another enemy force. Echoing through the valley and striking fear into the bravest of warriors!

So again, thanks for fixing this and making it work in WvW!

Mariners Horn

MasterYoda.8563

Anet, please don’t change the Horn. There is no reason it should work in WvW at all.

Why not? It does nothing to hurt WvW in anyway, It not like you can hear the horn from a great distance to give you position away since the noise range is like 1,500 so it’s not hat far.(range of longbow) The horn can’t be used while running and gives scouts something to do while not running with the zerg.

GG Anet

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

I have not tried it in WvW yet, but they only complaint I have with the item is that the response time is very slow. I would like to be able to play shorter notes cleanly.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

mine works in wvw

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Dervo.9186

Dervo.9186

Egads, please make them mutable before enabling them in wvw! I want to be able to hear skills being used in wvw, but I will turn down sound effects to zero if groups are running around with 10+ people blowing these horrible horns. For me, they ONLY make the game less enjoyable.

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Egads, please make them mutable before enabling them in wvw! I want to be able to hear skills being used in wvw, but I will turn down sound effects to zero if groups are running around with 10+ people blowing these horrible horns. For me, they ONLY make the game less enjoyable.

Agreed

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Fun shouldn’t occur at other’s expense. Keep this in mind, Anet.

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

the GOOD news is the horns root you when you use them so if the person wants to run with the safety of the zerg. he or she cant use the horn or they will stop. spread their feet. and blow the horn while being left. that’s a pretty good fix to allow folks to use em but not follow you around dinging it in your face like the bell.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Calyptica.6758

Calyptica.6758

Please fix the choir bell too… It’s still not possible to play it in the heart of the mists AND WvW… v.v

Mariners Horn

Rayti.6531

I have not tried it in WvW yet, but they only complaint I have with the item is that the response time is very slow. I would like to be able to play shorter notes cleanly.

I actually opened a topic about the reaction time, but unfortunately those who complain alot about this issue ingame don’t seem to be very active in the forums, didn’t see the topic or simply didn’t bother to post about it.

You can find the thread HERE

Regarding the WvW issue, the fact that you are beeing rooted whilst playing the horn doesn’t prevent you from giving away your zerg’s position: e.g. when hiding under a cliff the enemy stands on top of, or when hiding behind a house in north camp, etc. -> actually (depending on strategy, builds, etc.) a zerg stands still very often close to the enemy, and if its just for buffing before surprising the enemy zerg etc.

You underestimate the creativity of a real troll when it comes to annoying people.

If the horn is fixed in WvW, it would be necessary to also implement that it’s muted for the other servers and also to be mutable for allies not wanting to hear it – maybe a checkbox option like “disable instrument sounds in WvW”.

Mariners Horn

MasterYoda.8563

I actually opened a topic about the reaction time, but unfortunately those who complain alot about this issue ingame don’t seem to be very active in the forums, didn’t see the topic or simply didn’t bother to post about it.

You can find the thread HERE

Regarding the WvW issue, the fact that you are beeing rooted whilst playing the horn doesn’t prevent you from giving away your zerg’s position: e.g. when hiding under a cliff the enemy stands on top of, or when hiding behind a house in north camp, etc. -> actually (depending on strategy, builds, etc.) a zerg stands still very often close to the enemy, and if its just for buffing before surprising the enemy zerg etc.

You underestimate the creativity of a real troll when it comes to annoying people.

If the horn is fixed in WvW, it would be necessary to also implement that it’s muted for the other servers and also to be mutable for allies not wanting to hear it – maybe a checkbox option like “disable instrument sounds in WvW”.

The horn isn’t much different when the zerg is stacking up near a cliff for an ambush when you have people in your zerg setting off flashy skills to alert the enemy zerg or scouts to your position.

GG Anet

Mariners Horn

Rayti.6531

The horn isn’t much different when the zerg is stacking up near a cliff for an ambush when you have people in your zerg setting off flashy skills to alert the enemy zerg or scouts to your position.

Yes, that’s true of course. That’s a problem you will always have – even though the skills at least give some benefit like might stacks an are very likely not cast in order to knowingly give away the position of the zerg. The horn would just be an additional option to do this.

Don’t get me wrong, I would really love to use the horn in WvW (maybe even for giving signals when scouting – like the idea).

The thing is: for each person wanting to use it for their zerg’s benefit there are 5 just using it to troll. You can see that pretty well in LA when comparing the amounts of people playing music and those just spamming the highest note available… Of course it could well be different in the “WvW community”, that’s something you can never tell in advance.

That’s why I posted about the problems that could come with the WvW fix of the horn and also some possibilities to prevent some of those. I’m curious what fix ANet is planning to implement.

Mariners Horn

Blackwyn.8127

There was a big vocal expression regarding the “trolling” of the bell when it was released as well. There were a few using the high pitch noise near banks and such. But it all died out after a few weeks. After a month, there was no one left doing it.
Same will happen with the horn, people will get bored of trolling with it and it will die out.

It’s just a new toy and the kids are eager to play around with it. Once they get bored, they’ll move on.

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Hey guys!

Thanks for playing!

If you are going to make it work in WvW then shouldn’t you make the Choir Bell work as well? they share the same category of items.

Mariners Horn

Magnetron.5823

And in 1 year we are not killing each other anymore, we have orchestra running in zergs making music wars!

But yea making war sounds makes it fun lol, that was the reason I bought it in the first place.

Mariners Horn

Blackwyn.8127

I want this in WvW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVvtvmpl-g

The fix is taking too long!

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Wendy Forager.9285

Wendy Forager.9285

I just bought the Marriner’s Horn but didnt find it in my bag or couldnt pick it up. Help me please so i can get it or send me my gems back if could.

Thanks

Mariners Horn

Previous

Janson Smalling.1850

Next

Wendy,

Gem Store purchases are mailed to you in your account mailbox. If you didn’t receive the mail, please make sure that your mailbox isn’t full. If it is, deleting some items in the mailbox will allow the Gem Store purchase to appear in your inbox.

If none of that helps you solve your problem, then please contact customer support so we can help you out further. And thanks for supporting GW2!

@Those who are talking about the Choir Bell: This fix should also fix the Choir Bell and allow it to work in WvW and Heart of the Mists, as well.

The fix is not in yet, but will be soon. Again, thanks for playing and supporting GW2! You guys are the blood in the life of the game!

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

@Those who are talking about the Choir Bell: This fix should also fix the Choir Bell and allow it to work in WvW and Heart of the Mists, as well.

The fix is not in yet, but will be soon. Again, thanks for playing and supporting GW2! You guys are the blood in the life of the game!

Just to make it super super clear, do you mean you are going to fix it so that Enemy players in WvW will also be able to hear the horn/bell?

Mariners Horn

Previous

Janson Smalling.1850

Anyone within earshot will hear you play the choir bell after the fix is patched in.

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

maybe a checkbox option like “disable instrument sounds in WvW”.

(-)WvW, I would like the ability to mute instruments whenever someone decides to be troll, not just WvW.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Anyone within earshot will hear you play the choir bell after the fix is patched in.

How far is “earshot”? Range-wise.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Mariners Horn

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Does blocking a player on your contacts list mute their instruments for you? If not, it should.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Does blocking a player on your contacts list mute their instruments for you? If not, it should.

No, that would make too much sense.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Hey, I saw this post and just wanted to ask, is anyone else having trouble hearing their own bell/horn? I have both, I can hear others playing just fine, but when I play mine they are super quite, like I’m no where near the instrument.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Mariners Horn

Posted by: Golddawg.3504

Golddawg.3504

So you cannot regain health while having the horn equipped, but it would be real nice, if one we did have the LOTR horns^ and two other people could here me play my theme song. I, He Man of Grayskull, the Most Powerful Man in the Universe wish that my opponents hear my theme song every time I conquer their castle! And you cannot deny this game was MADE for someone to make He Man…

Mariners Horn

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

People can hear my bell in WvW now! I’m so happy, many many thanks!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story