Master of baubles bug

Master of baubles bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Xrider.9631

Xrider.9631

I have ran zone 3 very thoroughly, with a video guide on my 2nd monitor to make sure. The achievement, Master of Baubles, is bugged for some and I have no idea why.

I ran this 3 times today, and once even brought a friend who did not have the achievement along. He followed me the entire time. I mean the ENTIRE time. When we killed the frog, and his crown floated down and touched the water, he received the achievement and I did not. I did it a 3rd time just to be sure.

Need some sort of a fix for this Anet. I’ve done this too many times to be ignored. Get this bug looked at, and fixed, so I can get the title and be on my way.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ouch… That has to hurt. I spent almost 2 hours in Zone 3 last night carefully collecting all the baubles; if I didn’t get the achievement after that, I would be shattered. If both you and your friend grabbed the exact same baubles each time and he got the achievement while you didn’t, something is definitely bugged.

Just to be on the safe side though, you aren’t by any chance looking at the incorrect achievement? Like, you actually need Associate/Bachelor of Baubles but you’re thinking it’s Master of Baubles?

Master of baubles bug

Xrider.9631

I am absolutely positive I need Master of Baubles. I have 13/15 achievements, only missing Doctor of Baubles because its final third is Master. This is getting ridiculous. I used two different video guides after the first time. In both videos, they got the achievement. I did not. I have seen a couple other posts like this elsewhere online. Small percentage of people having this bug.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

I had this yesterday. I followed a video guide perfectly and got them all but no achievement. I noticed the entire time my baubles were full. 500/500. So I went to the bank and emptied them. I did it exactly the same again and it registered the next time. I’m not sure if that’s the answer for you, but try it again making sure you aren’t near max baubles. It’s possible they aren’t being counted if they don’t actually go in your inventory.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Ekleipsis.4820

Ekleipsis.4820

I was in the same situation as Xrider. For three nights, I went zone three bauble collecting, followed a guide, went with a friend/collected everything together. He got the achievement while I did not. Then finally, on the fourth attempt, I got it – going with a friend who had gotten it already.

Maybe it’s a little buggy, or only one person can get it at a time?

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Jach Anen.7524

Jach Anen.7524

Have the same problem now. Followed Dulfy guide trough every zone, only achievement I didn’t get was Master of Baubles, and I’m 100% sure I took every Bauble in the guide, and a lot on that site are followed it like me and got it. And it has nothing to do with inventory, I took a stack out before going in, so I only had 250 and never went over 400.
This was my second try and it’s far from enough fun to keep trying. Please fix this Anet.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Chances are you missed one and thought you had gotten it.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

A group and I didn’t get the achievement either and we also were following a guide. I’m reluctant to attempt it again if there is a bug as I did not find the first attempt very fun. The other zones, yes, but zone 3…not so much. Can Anet confirm there is some sort of bug or not?

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Hikaru.2463

Hikaru.2463

Same thing happened to me. I’m trying to do it solo. Maybe it will work after a few times, but it would be a little tiring running through it several times in a row.

Master of baubles bug

Xrider.9631

There is no way I missed a bauble. I did with a video guide up in my other window. When the guide finished, he got the achievement in the guide. I did not.

I also took a buddy through one of the times, as he followed me to every bauble, he got the achievement, and I did not. This is a bug. I did NOT miss one. I am 100% certain.
The next time you run something 3 times with 2 different guides and bring a friend who FOLLOWS your every move, then I will step in and say “chances are you missed one” Don’t belittle me by giving such a useless answer.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Sephy.9830

Sephy.9830

Same here. I know i got all the baubles. Got all the other achievements before the end, one of them even twice for some reason, but not Master of Baubles :/
Nothing else to do than try my luck again. Hope I get it this time.

EDIT 1 – I played Zone 3 the second time now. I definitely got all the baubles & secrets. ANet should do something about it. Is it related to Infantile mode? Because i was using that. I just need that last Achievement… I´m really frustrated. Going to try Zone 3 in normal mode tomorrow. Will update on how it went.

EDIT 2 – I couldn’t wait. So I played it on normal mode right away. And still NOTHING!!!!??? ANet, fix it please. Also a compensation would be much appreciated. Like that achievement I was after. “Master of Baubles”. This situation is really frustrating. Was so close on completing Super Adventure Box…

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I tried for the Zone 3 Baubles achievement last night as well. Painstaking 2 hour run.
Nothing.

Did it again this morning, and it turns out there was one bauble that the guides I was following did not mention.

You can get onto the root from the leaf below the one with the barrel on it, in a seemingly impossible jump. Took me about six tries… I’ll edit this post to add more specifics on where this is at later.

Got my achievements!

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Gaelmir.7318

Gaelmir.7318

Same problem here. Completed world 1 zone 2 six timeswith the guide, guildmates and all baubles but no achievement. Maybe using another character can help to obtain this achievment?

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

You either missed one or you died and used a continue coin. I’m not sure whether this is a bug or not but you have to complete the zone without continuing or leaving the instance at any point.

Master of baubles bug

Sephy.9830

Holy Cow Halcyon. I actually don’t remember that bauble on you screenshot. Will try again later today. Used guides also. Can’t believe the guide was incomplete. Will update on how it went ^^

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Gaelmir.7318

Gaelmir.7318

I died and used a continue coin the first time I tried to complete this achievment, then for the other 5 times did not get anything after completing the zone. I follow the guide on dulfy but maybe this guide is not complete. someone found a complete guide?

Master of baubles bug

Sephy.9830

Yes! I did it. Got all the achievements now. Thank You Halcyon. I´m glad that ArenaNet wasn’t at fault here.

It took me about 6 tries too. You can get on it from the above leaf with the barrel. The place is right after the first checkpoint.

Attachments:

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Sephy.9830)

Master of baubles bug

Ayrilana.1396

That bauble is in dulfy’s guide.

I suggest everyone who is relying on guides as a step-by-step way to get baubles to not do so. Use them as a reference of where the baubles but still be on the lookout of your surroundings. Check everywhere. Those of us who did it before the guides came out didn’t have luxury of knowing where they all were and and to scour the entire zone. I’m saying this because if you rely on solely the guide then it’s like tunnel vision and you can likely miss something.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Victa.1439

Victa.1439

This has happened to me 4 times in the past 24 hours. I have used multiple guides and tey all have the same baubles listed. I’ve followed them to the T. No cheev and now im getting a lil annoyed.

Master of baubles bug

Zaxares.5419

It’s possible that other guides may be incomplete. I recommend dulfy’s guide because that’s the one I used and I can verify its accuracy. We can’t rule out the possibility that there may indeed be a bug that’s preventing people from getting the achievement though. Xrider, did you at any point throughout your multiple attempts:

a) lose all your lives and have to use a Continue Coin?

b) exit out to Rata Sum and then rejoin the instance (if you were in a group)?

I believe in the latter case, it invalidates your achievement because it has to be achieved in a single run through of a Zone without quitting the instance. However, there may be a bug where if this occurs once, it permanently stops you from being able to complete the achievement. Not saying that this is what happened, but it’s a possibility (it’s happened in the past with some other achievements).

Master of baubles bug

Ayrilana.1396

Try doing it on another character, without having to use a continue coin, and double check to make sure you grab every one.

If you could record your attempt then we could get a more definitive idea as to whether you’re missing one or the achievement is bugged for you.

Master of baubles bug

Sephy.9830

There is one more bauble that isn’t in the guides. It is right before the second checkpoint. Maybe this will help someone out.

Good Luck to all. Believe me. I know how frustrating it is… Thinking you got them all. But later finding out, you just missed one :/

Attachments:

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Sephy.9830)

Master of baubles bug

MrsKryten.5104

Sephy, thanks for the suggestions but that bauble is listed in Dulfy’s guide as well as the other one you and Halcyon posted. I have tried this several times now and have scoured the zone for any baubles that Dulfy might have missed but cannot locate any more. I’ve attempted this in both normal and infantile mode, with a group and solo, but cannot get the achievement to pop

Does the order in which you earn the achievements matter? I completed all of Zone 2 first, then attempted Zone 3 and got the secrets achievement, then went back later and completed Zone 1. Some in my guild have this achievement but others (including the group I ran with in my first attempt) do not and are experiencing the same problem.

If anyone has located a bauble that is not in Dulfy’s video, please post it. Thanks!

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I did “all baubles in zone 3” last week with 2 others and we all got the achievement. I don’t believe it’s bugged, I seriously think blindly following guides ain’t the best idea. It was quite a frustrating process for me as I suffered terrible lag which got me killed many times in the hollow tree near the end of the zone (sometimes my character stood on a jumping shroom for 5 secs before suddenly being high up in the air, didn’t make the thing easy) and despite running out of lifes and having to buy continue coins for baubles I still got the achievement, so that’s not blocking progress either.

Some tips:

Know where chests, shops (for keys, potions) and hidden rooms are.
Get all upgrades prior to the attempt. It does make life easier.
Baubles in chests seem to count, baubles in hidden rooms count, baubles carried by mobs don’t and the ones you gotta dig up don’t either.

(edited by Paradox.5498)

Master of baubles bug

Sephy.9830

I´m sorry i can’t be of help Mrskryten. I myself had problems with only the bauble i found out about from Halcyon. I did my achievements in the zone order. In zone 3.

1) I collected all the baubles.
2) All the secret rooms.
3) All items you can smash up & get baubles from.
4) The secret digging spot.
5) The Queen Bee Dog.
6) Room where you will collect Moto’s Breath skill.
7) All chests

By following this – http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/gw2-master-of-baubles-guide/100554/#comment-53454

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Master of baubles bug

MrsKryten.5104

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. I guess I’ll try again and go for every possible bauble whether it is considered optional or not. Reading posts by Ekleipsis and Xrider (where a member of their team following all their moves at the same time got the achievement and they did not) makes me wonder if there is a bug and if so, what triggers it.

I don’t think some of us are blindly following a guide, or at least not initially. I imagine we all spent time running around trying to find things on our own and it was only after a few runs that guides were consulted. It’s just puzzling (pun intended) that some get the achievement following a guide and others do not when they do the exact same thing.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Both those baubles that you guys mentioned are in the Dulfy guide, it’s just not clearly explained. However they are both mentioned vaguely at least. I followed that Dulfy guide 3 times and didn’t get the achievement either. I’m wondering if you need to buy the baubles in the secret shop that you need to bomb the floor of one of the shops to get in to?

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Glad I could help Sephy!

Both those baubles that you guys mentioned are in the Dulfy guide, it’s just not clearly explained. However they are both mentioned vaguely at least. I followed that Dulfy guide 3 times and didn’t get the achievement either. I’m wondering if you need to buy the baubles in the secret shop that you need to bomb the floor of one of the shops to get in to?

I bought all three of those baubles at least once (the one that is a net gain you can buy only once), just to be absolutely sure.

I did not bother with the Queen Beedogs on my second attempt (for any zone), when I got the achievement, nor did I smash every item in the shops.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Master of baubles bug

Ayrilana.1396

The problem people have is they use the guides to hold their hand through it. This results in them not paying attention to what’s around them and possibly missing one. With doing multiple runs, you likely miss one that you had gotten in a previous run but think you got it on your current run. You may also skip parts in the guides which at least two people have demonstrated in this thread.

If you record your next attempt, I will watch it and figure out which baubles you are missing. I doubt that there is a bug as the majority if those who claimed there was one have ended up missing a bauble.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Master of baubles bug

MrsKryten.5104

Hmmm…I shall give this a try. I’ve been there once to get the secrets achievement but will incorporate that into my next Master of Baubles run.

Master of baubles bug

Ayrilana.1396

How? He has everything organized and even has a video that follows along with it. If we had a mini map then I could just take a screenshot and mark where they all are. I’m sure someone with a more artistic background could do it from scratch.

Master of baubles bug

Sephy.9830

Ha, Halcyon. I bought all three of those baubles at least once too xD

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Master of baubles bug

Zaxares.5419

One thing I really like about dulfy’s guide is that in areas with multiple baubles, it tells you how many you need to collect in that area. Thus, I made a note of how many baubles I had before starting that area and made sure my bauble count had gone up by the right amount before moving on. (It helps to go through and kill enemies first so they don’t screw up your count.)

Master of baubles bug

MrsKryten.5104

If you record your next attempt, I will watch it and figure out which baubles you are missing. I doubt that there is a bug as the majority if those who claimed there was one have ended up missing a bauble.

Thanks for the offer. I don’t have any recording software although I imagine it wouldn’t be that difficult to set up. Let me give it another try but include the secret shop this time (I had grabbed all baubles from the other shops before just in case). I agree that logically it is most likely a case that I missed something, but I kept a list and marked things off so I’m not sure which bauble I would have missed. Also, hearing about two other people who had people in their party get the achievement but they didn’t does give me pause. Then again, if some bug did exist there would probably be more than just three people impacted by it. I’ll update if I finally get the achievement. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Master of baubles bug

Curo.2483

Decided to stop using the guide. Tried to wing it and grab all the baubles I had learned of from the guide as well as numerous runs through the game (I play a LOT). Still didn’t get the achievement. I’ll admit I haven’t tried using a video guide, so I’ll try that next. I’ll let you guys know what happens after that.

Master of baubles bug

Ayrilana.1396

Make sure to grab the one on top of the log/tunnel at the very beginning as well as the one under the crumbling leaf at the last section that can easily be missed.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Maybe it will help if someone tallied up the actual number of baubles to be obtained for completion. Taking care not to get the ones drop by mobs.

Btw, i used multiple continues coin and only bought the the 50 for 25 baubles from the shop and i did managed to get the achievement.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Same here. 3 times all baubles – no achievement.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

Master of baubles bug

Ayrilana.1396

You can try this video of someone who got the achievement. She’s pretty good at making video guides for everything in the game.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Definitely bugged somehow, have cleared it well over a dozen times now, i know all locations from memory ive done it that much, am wondering if the bug is connected to continuing with previous lives, ie when you start again and have lives remaining from previous days rather than with a fresh 5 or something,

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Master of baubles bug

MrsKryten.5104

I finally got the achievement tonight and now have a shiny new title! I had kept a checklist of baubles in the past and didn’t come across any new ones tonight. The only things that were different were:
1. I stowed all my baubles in the bank so I had zero on me when I entered zone 3.
2. I went back and purchased the one-time purple bauble in the extra secret shop (this was last night though, not tonight).

I don’t think #2 would have made a difference, but is it possible that once you hit your max baubles they stop counting toward the achievement? I was very thorough with my check list the last time I attempted this run so I’m thinking there must have been some other condition that was blocking the achievement from registering.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Hikaru.2463

Hikaru.2463

I finally got the achievement tonight and now have a shiny new title! I had kept a checklist of baubles in the past and didn’t come across any new ones tonight. The only things that were different were:
1. I stowed all my baubles in the bank so I had zero on me when I entered zone 3.
2. I went back and purchased the one-time purple bauble in the extra secret shop (this was last night though, not tonight).

I don’t think #2 would have made a difference, but is it possible that once you hit your max baubles they stop counting toward the achievement? I was very thorough with my check list the last time I attempted this run so I’m thinking there must have been some other condition that was blocking the achievement from registering.

Interesting. I’ll try #1 and see if I get the achievement. If I don’t, I’ll try using a different character to see if that does it.

Master of baubles bug

Curo.2483

Well guys, I finally got the achievement on my fifth try! It was that stubborn bauble that’s under a crumbling leaf at the start of the last area in zone 3, just after the dual checkpoint (top side).

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Kaitani.5423

Kaitani.5423

I had the same problem as in the OP, I was sure I had all the baubles in zone 3 and yet received no achievement for it. Then I tried what was suggested by Ayrilana, try to get it on another character. I skipped entering half of the shops, including the one you need to bomb to get into (didn’t even have bombs on the character). I also skipped the beedog and some of the enemies. Killed the big Toad and got the achievement!

So I can confirm there is indeed a bug of some sort involving the bauble achievement from being registered properly.
To recap, here’s what I did differently in order to get the achievement:
1) used a character that had not finished the zone before.
2) started straight from zone 3 and not the previous ones
3) started the zone with 0 baubles

Hopefully this will help those who still struggle getting the achievement

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

just got mine, died and bought a continue coin while in 1-3, and it worked, so i may have been right about the lives thing, i also noticed the vending machine at the start no longer drops a coin regardless of whether or not you already have one so possibly stealth fixed.

also i didn’t miss any in previous runs, as i did the exact same route/ count this time.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

There is definitely a bug.

Same as Kaitani, I tried it twice on the same char following two different guides, didn’t get it. Switched chars and did it from memory, got it first time. I don’t know if it matters, but I entered with zero baubles, wasn’t on infantile mode, and didn’t use a continue coin.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Nathaniel.2456

Nathaniel.2456

Hello Everybody

I do not know if this is the actual reason why the Master Of Baubles achievement cannot be obtained. But I’ve spent nearly 4 hours today trying to obtain it without success until I realized that on the last area before the toad boss the trunk that is horizontal in a high level it is supposed to have 5 baubles on top of it however in the latest patch there is only 4 of those baubles.

Even if you collect every other bauble, because of that one missing on top of it the achievement will not be granted.

I have submitted a bug about it with screenshots and all, hopefully this will solve it.

cheers all

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Fizzle.4359

Fizzle.4359

Hello Everybody

I do not know if this is the actual reason why the Master Of Baubles achievement cannot be obtained. But I’ve spent nearly 4 hours today trying to obtain it without success until I realized that on the last area before the toad boss the trunk that is horizontal in a high level it is supposed to have 5 baubles on top of it however in the latest patch there is only 4 of those baubles.

Even if you collect every other bauble, because of that one missing on top of it the achievement will not be granted.

I have submitted a bug about it with screenshots and all, hopefully this will solve it.

cheers all

I think you’re right. I’ve watched both dulfys video and another one from this patch… in both of them there’s 5 baubles on that log. but for me there’s only 4. I’ve tried on infantile mode 3 times and normal 1 time and it’s the same on both.
This doesn’t seem to affect everyone.

first video uploaded sep 5, 2013

dulfy’s video from aug 2, 2013

Both have 5 baubles on that log. I only get 4.

(edited by Fizzle.4359)

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Hello Everybody

cheers all

I think you’re right. I’ve watched both dulfys video and another one from this patch… in both of them there’s 5 baubles on that log. but for me there’s only 4. I’ve tried on infantile mode 3 times and normal 1 time and it’s the same on both.
This doesn’t seem to affect everyone.

first video uploaded sep 5, 2013

dulfy’s video from aug 2, 2013

Both have 5 baubles on that log. I only get 4.

After running zone 3 for the fourth time i can confirm this is true, only 4 baubbles instead of 5 on that trunk.

Master of baubles bug

Posted by: Fizzle.4359

Fizzle.4359

I tried starting from zone 1. still only 4 there