Megadestroyer Bugged

Megadestroyer Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The Megadestroyer event was bugged (judging by mapchat – at least twice) at the stage of protecting asura. All pres done, and then simply nothing happened.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I’m pretty sure, that this is the intended behaviour. The pres happen more often than the final event. Have a look at the world boss schedule to get the spawn times. The same happens at the Frozen Maw meta, by the way.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Lishtenbird.2814

I’m pretty sure, that this is the intended behaviour. The pres happen more often than the final event. Have a look at the world boss schedule to get the spawn times. The same happens at the Frozen Maw meta, by the way.

We’ve done this on timer 3 times, and 2 times (yesterday and today) I did it myself. The event just stalls at the defence phase – asura guys just don’t come.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

This is still seriously bugged. The event pops up on the timer, but the asura never show up. The yellow cogs show where they’re supposed to be, and then nothing. Tried it 6 times now.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Bump.

This has stalled every single time I’ve done it.

The NPCS never show up for the stabilization event.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Yeah, still bugged.
Whelp, at least the chat at bugged D is funny.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: zenzizenzizenzic.5180

zenzizenzizenzic.5180

I have tried to do this event three times and each time the Asura event starts but the Asura do not appear.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Melora.7418

Melora.7418

This routinely stalls at the stabilization stage now. Sometimes I can re-log and get a different megaserver where it isn’t bugged, but more often then not I’m dumped into the same map or another one that is also bugged.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Tsin Tsun Than.6352

Tsin Tsun Than.6352

Just to say the event is still bugged at least half of the time.

I hope it can be fixed soon.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

And it bugged minutes ago. Maybe a concrete timestamp helps to track it down.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Happening right now. No Asura NPCs showed up for the stabilization. That makes it 3 times in a row for me.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Megadestroyer Bugged

Lishtenbird.2814

People say that it helps to determine the shard/realm/instance you’re in by typing /ip in the chat.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Halcyon.7352

After being to three bugged megadestroyers in a row, someone suggested an interesting thought at the 16:00 scheduled one today.

Mentioned doing the Breeze Rider event south of the volcano as some people think it may interfere and potentially cause the stall.

For anyone that doesn’t know, before the 4/15 patch and the rework to bosses including Megadestroyer, in order to trigger the Megadestroyer meta event chain, you had to help Rixt collect the breeze rider essence.

This event would seem to no longer be tied to the megadestroyer chain – even if it’s not completed, the other two nearby events trigger when in window. I wonder if they left in the requirement of this event needing to be completed, thus somehow stalling the Stabilization event?

The Megadestroyer I was just at didn’t bug, someone had cleared the breeze rider essence event. I’ll try and test this in the future.

For the toast!

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Suranis.8279

Suranis.8279

There’s certainly no harm in doing the Rixt event. Its fun fast and pretty easy.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: borogove.4739

borogove.4739

I did the megadestroyer the other day, and had stumbled across the breeze rider event just before-hand, had a blast smashing breeze riders while I killed time waiting for the megadestroyer, and it came up on schedule. So, I guess, one more vote in support of Halcyon’s theory?
Hadn’t known about this potential ‘fix’ to the event, so I haven’t been watching to see when it is/isn’t done before the event bugs.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Halcyon.7352

Welp the Rixt theory appears to be garbage.

Have done two megadestroyers since posting – cleared Rixt events in both cases. The second one bugged.

For the first, the Veteran Wind Rider died just seconds before the tunnel preevents finished up. This one worked.

For the second, I’d completed the Vet event just before the destroyer essence collection was succesfully halted, and the lab was later defended and then the destroyer tunnels pre. Bugged.

For the toast!

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Melora.7418

Melora.7418

It’s been over a month and this still routinely stalls out during the stabilization phase and is unable to be completed.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Lishtenbird.2814

It’s been over a month and this still routinely stalls out during the stabilization phase and is unable to be completed.

Yeap, and Taidha is still not fixed.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Halcyon.7352

Bump. This event still bugs and stalls just as frequently as it works.

The other popular theory I keep seeing mentioned in map about doing the pre-events before the timer starts causing it to bug is also bunk.

I’ve been to three megadestroyers where pre-events were not fully completed, two in which I arrived on map very early – Magmatic lab wasn’t completed yet and the other failed and no one killed the Champion golem yet – and stabilization still bugged.

Taidha Covington is finally fixed with the 6/17 patch, so why not this?

For the toast!

Megadestroyer Bugged

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes, happened again yesterday.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

Happens again atm :-(

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

From what I’ve seen, over the course of several evenings (with both bugged encounters and smooth encounters), you have to leave at least one of the pre-events up so that it finishes after the boss window opens. If you rush and finish all of the pre-events before the boss is in its 15 minute window, it will bug and not proceed.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

2 plus months this has been bugged, is there anybody working there anymore? Seriously why can’t you either bloody respond or fix it, i think months is way more than bloody patient! You know how many times people have wasted time doing the pre-quests for this and all for nothing.
As a 25 year QA veteran all i have to say is this is beyond disgraceful but i guess that’s what happens when you cheap out and shovel you QA to a third party, freaking pathetic!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Went through two instances that are both bugged, only to found out that the 3rd one had already killed Megadestroyer before I could join that instance.

Another deteriorated meta event.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: wolfger.3467

wolfger.3467

It’s really very sad that this thread started 2 months ago and it’s still bugged.

Megadestroyer Bugged

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The fix for this stalled event is coming today. Cheers!