Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Same thing for me

CCCP….

[Merged] Karma Spender

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

I just spent a truck load of Karma on “Avocados in Bulk”, and the achievement didn’t budge off zero. Previously spending on these items would trigger the daily.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: dcwow.1672

dcwow.1672

Confirmed as still bugged on Tarnished Coast. Thank you.

(edited by dcwow.1672)

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

Didn’t work for me either. Tried buying peppers aswell as wine and nothing worked

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

That’s 2 dailies in the last few weeks unable to be completed. Not even sure how a simple check like using karma can break lets be honest. Needs more conspiracy theories.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Karma-Spender-Seems-to-be-bugged/first#post2590332

Seems to be a problem with the new wallet.

To be frank, better do other dailies today.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Rikkado.7321

Rikkado.7321

Still bugged for me too, found out by buying a cultural weapon.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

If TotalKarma = TotalKarma – 750 THEN
Give the dude his daily
ELSE
lolno
ENDIF Kthx

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

If TotalKarma = TotalKarma – 750 THEN
Give the dude his daily
ELSE
lolno
ENDIF Kthx

That condition always evaluates to false, so it could be summarized as “lolno” since the other branch will never be taken. See? This isn’t as easy as you seem to think it is.

I’m guessing that to implement the daily originally they added a hook to when a player’s karma decreases to add daily progress. Since karma now belongs to the account’s wallet and not the player, somebody forgot to move the hook and on the test server that daily quest didn’t come up during testing.

That’s just a guess, but they fessed up. Thank you for that, by the way. It would be nice to have a confirmed “nobody can get that daily and we will patch it after it is no longer a daily” but I’m happy with the response.

Referencing what a previous poster commented on, the rapid release rate hasn’t really increased the bug count. Most of the old bugs are so minor in nature it is an effort/reward calculation, not a risk/reward. New features introduce new bugs, but if you consider all the skill points that were bugged around release, the events that bugged, and so on… the bug count has really dropped when you filter for gameplay-impacting bugs. I, for one, would not want new content withheld because it might have new bugs; I’d rather have a rocky first week of that content that still allows me to enjoy 99% of everything and have it fixed in short order.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

(edited by Fildydarie.1496)

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

How about adding a small patch to remove the “bugged” dailies from the list until they are fixed.

I would actually prefer one of the 2 week cycles that went through the game and fixed a lot of the minor bugs that still exist. To me that would be a very worthwhile patch.

(edited by udoh.5307)

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Ades.4723

Ades.4723

Same problem here.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Tylor.9750

Tylor.9750

Also bugged, spend more than 3K karma, but still not get this achivement

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Moderator.6025

Moderator.6025

We have decided to merge threads with the same topic to improve clarity.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Debbysaurus.4016

Debbysaurus.4016

i want my 1 AP

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Seriously this is such a small thing, cant you just either give everyone their 1 point or change the daily untill this is fixed? Dont give me that it wont be fixed today..

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Larkir.6502

Larkir.6502

I went to Cragstead today to purchase some beer from the beer merchant (karma vendor), but no matter how much beer I buy from there, the Karma spender achievement still stands at 0/750 karma spent. This is my usual karma spending spot and there’s never been a problem with this before the last update.

Btw ArenaNet, It would be nice to have achievements as a reportable bug category in-game so you don’t have to go on the forums every time there’s a bug regarding them.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Larkir.6502

I tried buying orrian jewelry boxes instead, doesn’t work either.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Seriously this is such a small thing, cant you just either give everyone their 1 point or change the daily untill this is fixed? Dont give me that it wont be fixed today..

Lol. They gave you extra dailies already since the event.

So there’s now 13 dailies instead of 11. And another monthly to give you 10 extra points.

I seriously don’t get your strain of thoughts.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Nexus.9364

Nexus.9364

Same here, tried fulfilling the daily by buying a new diving mask and some almonds at Seraph’s Landing, with Pickins.

Bar’s not filling up. =[

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So there’s now 13 dailies instead of 11. And another monthly to give you 10 extra points.

I dont care if you get it or not. It’s not a very large bug, it cannot be. So to say that it wont be fixed is just not ok. I am also fine if they remove it from the daily this day without compensation. Right now it’s just confusing.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I dont care if you get it or not. It’s not a very large bug, it cannot be. So to say that it wont be fixed is just not ok. I am also fine if they remove it from the daily this day without compensation. Right now it’s just confusing.

They will fix it, just not today.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

Interesting. I assumed the act of buying the item was what triggered the achievement, but I guess it’s the act of losing karma from your inventory. I bet the system is still monitoring individual character wallets, which all have zero karma now. I wonder if the achievement system works like an interceptor that checks every player action on the server side or if it’s a passive system that routinely compares a player’s data to a previous snapshot. Maybe the client notifies the server that an achievement has been completed and the server verifies this. In any case, it feels like maybe the wallet system wasn’t designed to be accessible to the achievement monitoring/triggering/verification system. That’s the only reason I can think of why this wouldn’t be a simple fix.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

+1, same here /15 chars

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Same thing buying booze.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Obviously the daily was not updated to check the wallet if karma was spend and looking at the old place that now is probably always 0.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

Seems so. Tried to buy from Frostgorge, Metrica and Queensdale. Got the items but not the achievement.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Zangster.3174

Zangster.3174

Same problem here. Bought some “missing” recipes for crafting like I always do, and didn’t register. Tried to buy some food, didn’t regisiter. Logged into a different character and bought a karma weapon for 6,300 – and still show 0/750 karma spent. There is nothing else to spend karma on (other then Orrian Jewelry boxes), and I wasn’t gonna travel that far just to have it not work. Seeing as this is part of the dailies at least once a week, how on earth could it have been broken after all this time????

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

There is already a massive [MERGED] thread on PAGE 1 of Game Bugs that you can’t have missed seeing and it even includes a response from a dev on the issue…

[Merged] Karma Spender

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

[Merged] Karma Spender

Larkir.6502

There is already a massive [MERGED] thread on PAGE 1 of Game Bugs that you can’t have missed seeing and it even includes a response from a dev on the issue…

[Merged] Karma Spender

I did search the forum for such a thread before creating this one, but the search function returned no results. Sorry for making another thread about the same thing, it was not my intention.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Actually it might be much more difficult as far as coding is concerned than it appears to be on the surface to the user.
From what I gleamed on the discussion about the new wallet and keeping older features like the gold deposit in your own bank, it would appear they replaced a large segment of old code with new code.
The karma spendor most likey still checks for elements of the old code. Replacing the check the daily achievement does to work with the new system might actually be rather complicated.

Replacing the karma spendor daily with a new daily however is another thing. I have no idea how difficult or easy that might be.
My guess is that simply swapping a single daily element won’t be that simple either. They could roll out an entire set of dailies rather easily, again I just guess, but that might mean rollback for those partially done when the patch goes live.
That would cause a whole new wave of complaints.

Like someone else alredy said, it might be best to simply ignore this daily aspect for today. Annoying? Yes, but then karma is a rather easily obtained commodity in the game.
And for the record: I also spend a few thousand karma on different things trying to figure out if the entire karma spendor daily was broken or just some aspect of it.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

[Merged] Karma Spender

I did search the forum for such a thread before creating this one, but the search function returned no results. Sorry for making another thread about the same thing, it was not my intention.

Sadly, Forum “Search” has been broken for several months, so I can understand your not receiving any results from your searches.

Over-reporting of the same issue in dozens of threads to where page 1 of bugs are all basically reports of the same bug…well I suppose it just irked me momentarily that it was the 4th thread down on Page 1 and, despite mods attempting to consolidate the reports by merging them and it even having a red Dev Response Icon, it didn’t seem to help with preventing more from being made. I didn’t mean it as an attack on you, personally, it was a moment of irritation. Sorry if it came across as aggressive or rude.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

This is still broken at 11am Eastern time on 2013-08-09. The heart vendor at Shaemoor Garrison sells Seraph Standard rations for only 21 karma each. It’s a quick, cheap test.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

I think I see where they introduced the bug. I’m happy to give them a mulligan on this though. And I see why it may not be nearly as simple a fix.

The change to the dailies to introduce the “Daily Activity participation” was the new mechanic, and in the background, this, like karma vendor, is tied to specific NPC interaction. I’m betting the bug also affect laurel vendor dailies.

I think that when they combined the activity dailies to trigger the single achievement, they missed the trigger that ties the npc interaction for laurel and karma, as those require only the interaction and not the final completion of anything.

Just my guess. And I can see how that would slip past QC as the distinction is probably not apparent to a tester, while a coder could even easily overlook it. Its not the end of the world for me, lots of fun stuff to do.

(edited by RollingBob.8502)

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

Obviously the daily was not updated to check the wallet if karma was spend and looking at the old place that now is probably always 0.

Make sense and this is probably the issue, with the amount of daily we can choose from we dont have an issue completing the 5 needed at least.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

yep, i just spent 3k karma and no credit for daily, wish i new about the bug b4 hand lol.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Hey everyone, thanks for flagging. The team is aware of this issue and working on a fix, but it probably won’t happen today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

it must be awesome to use customers as QA tool, great job Anet.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Faustas.5243

Faustas.5243

I just bought 2 [Lost Orrian jewelry boxes] for kitten karma each, however i didn’t receive the Karma Spender achievement (750 karma spent).

(edited by Faustas.5243)

[Merged] Karma Spender

RollingBob.8502

as I suspected, the daily activity achievement does not work either. Can’t test laurel vendor achievement obviously but I’m betting it too would not increment.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

lol I went around to different vendors thinking I had to buy a specific type of item like a weapon.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Virhe.9485

Virhe.9485

as I suspected, the daily activity achievement does not work either. Can’t test laurel vendor achievement obviously but I’m betting it too would not increment.

That did work for me that daily activity, you just need get in from la npc. Normal npc like keg master or others is not working while this la npc is there.

Good I did try karma achi on my secondary account before did come for main

[Merged] Karma Spender

RollingBob.8502

right, I did sanctum sprint. Unless you actually have to finish in 1st place? I was not in last place, but did not win.

I had a theory that just maybe spending the karma and then completing the activity (without logging out) could possibly reward both.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Spent nearly 20,000 karma and no achievement was given. Also was in group events in Queens Pavillion and participation did not register.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

I dont know if someone reported or not but karma spender daily is bugged !

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Fade Spark.6135

Fade Spark.6135

same issue here, spend few K’s on consumables, lost orrian j box, no effect.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

Might want to look down the forums just a little bit, a few threads were made on this….. Here is the most active one it seems: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Merged-Karma-Spender

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: vampirecoffee.2453

vampirecoffee.2453

Another one here. Bought 770 karma worth of cherries, got no achievement.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Rado.7314

Rado.7314

Hey everyone, thanks for flagging. The team is aware of this issue and working on a fix, but it probably won’t happen today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stick it, lock it.

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Lightning.7068

Lightning.7068

The daily Achievement "Karma Spender’ 750 spent for 1 achievement point doesn’t complete. Is there any reason that anet didn’t address this? will we get something in return for missing this?

when Battle comes Reach for the sun?

[Merged] Karma Spender

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Hi,
I just spend over 5000 karma and it did not add to my daily karma spending (750 needed). My 5 cents: Daily Karma spender still looks for the personel Karma value, which no longer exists, since Karma is now account based.