Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Medreside.6531

Medreside.6531

There is a glitch that allows mesmers in WvW to use the portal gun to bypass the walls and get inside the keep without seige weapons. Twice in 30 mins now the DH guild from Eradon Terrace have used this glitch to take the Garrison Keep in Fergusons crossing before anybody knew what was happening. I took a screenshot just before they captured the base to show the people involved. I know it doesn’t prove that they used the glitch, it happened too fast for me to screenshot all the walls and gates. I’ll just have to rely on other reports comming in as evidence.

Attachments:

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Unspec.9017

Unspec.9017

Pretty sure it was not a glitch. A mesmer hides inside and lets people in. Its a pretty common tactic.

(edited by Unspec.9017)

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Medreside.6531

I’ll try to get fraps, but i can promise you that the mesmer started on the outside of the wall. Then breached inner wall in the same way. We already did mesmer sweeps after it happened the 1st time

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: rammyg.8602

rammyg.8602

Hey, its Marquess Maple, I was running around WvW when this happened. And I can tell you that ET were outmanned in our border, and managed to take almost our entire map in minutes. It didn’t take them long to use a mesmer on outside the keep wall and port an entire army inside. It is definitely happening (and no there is no mesmer inside keeps).

This video below was posted 3 months ago on another forum post, but will post it here just to show that it does happen, and its not my video either, found it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zbvtp1YBgmY

I’m not sure whether it is a glitch or not, but I’m beginning to think its not because this have been happening atleast 3 months ago according to this video. I just think it would have been fixed in the many patches that we have had since?

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Unspec.9017

Unspec.9017

I’ll try to get fraps, but i can promise you that the mesmer started on the outside of the wall. Then breached inner wall in the same way. We already did mesmer sweeps after it happened the 1st time

Not sure about that then. How does he even get in then?

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Medreside.6531

^ Why do you think this is posted in the bug section? By using a glitch like i already said.

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: rammyg.8602

rammyg.8602

Hey guys,

sorry about the video link, I hope it works this time. If it doesn’t it works by copying and pasting the link

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

Hey guys,

sorry about the video link, I hope it works this time. If it doesn’t it works by copying and pasting the link

Buuuussssted. ICOA reputation= gone from our server.

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

how can a mesmer do an exit portal inside a keep from outside it? i’m a mesmer but i never did it. unless the mesmer is already inside and some how manage to get outside without being killed.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Medreside.6531

Not sure how, or half the mesmers would be doing it. But he gets through the wall somehow, as the vid shows. I’m suprised the video is that old and nothing has been done about it yet

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Farron.5860

Farron.5860

Has this exploit been fixed yet?

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Very interesting, i’d also be interested in knowing if this exploit has been fixed yet, since we’ve seen some strange goings on in wvw lately with walls being bypassed.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Same here. We owned a keep for over 24h (no Mesmer would be hiding THAT long). We were defending inner wall when suddenly bang – small group on the walls, out of the blue… Well, we managed to push them back, but I’ve been searching like mad to learn how was that possible. Only valid result so far is this…

Mesmer Portal glitch WvW

Posted by: Hechicero.3297

Hechicero.3297

I’ve seen this a few times as well. The one that was the most memorable for me was watching this Mesmer “walk” up and over a wall, then opened a port for his team to get in. I’m thinking he was using a hack or something, because he got up that wall before I could get a screens shot.

Markus Tyrellium
Guild of Kindred (Guild Leader)
Sorrow’s Furnace